• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Chakra Are You Guided By?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Which Chakra Are You Guided By?

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Crown

"This chakra is located at the top of the head. Being guided by it means that you are a spiritual person and you like to follow a higher power. You are an understanding person and very self-aware. You know who you are and where you are supposed to be going."

I'm not spiritual, and I don't follow a higher power. I am understanding and self aware though.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It gave me root
The Root chakra is located at the base of the spine. You are a very family orientated person and you would do anything to keep your loved ones safe. You can find a home just about anywhere you go just as long as you know there are people there that care about you, which is good because traveling is important to you. You follow and trust your instincts and you go where life tells you to go.

Im sure there are others that i could relate stronger..

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Third Eye

The Third Eye is located at the center of the forehead. If you are guided by this chakra it means that you are guided mainly by your intuition. You can trust your instincts to lead your in the right path and on the way you are good at giving wisdom to others. Your mind is your greatest strength.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if there are correlations between this and cognitive functions. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Crown, oddly. I don't consider myself a very spiritual person.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if there are correlations between this and cognitive functions. :)

enneatypess!!

instinctual subtype modifies too. like so types are more c5 and orally fixated. sp is a little more c1 rooted and earthy and connected to a sense of time that is unchanging bc it is made up of deeper cycles and seasons.

i think the chakras are one of the most useful psychological ideas out there. such a great embodied road map for the spectrum of consciousness.

the cognitive functions, by contrast, to me seem to be the way our consciousness is routed through a specific, unfolding pathway and its methods of elaborating itself as it grows in orders of complexity/adult executiveness. i think it has more to do with how the leading brain function interfaces with the prefrontal cortex (which develops a kind of preference for providing the spotlight of attention) and how that then connects and moves through levels of embodied consciousness (the chakras).

when trying to equate the chakras with cognitive functions, i think something is lost, but i don't know how to articulate what that is. but i can say some things, like Se (and maybe Pe?) more directly connects through chakra 2, the kind of reptilian territorailness, environmental connection through sensuality and presence, and ambphibous water/fluid body thing. third eye expresses the process of intuition, where we triangulate outer and inner reality, thru light/visual intelligence, by way of an an inner order of contextualization thru multimodal, sorta synesthesia-y analogy that allows our imagination to teach us thru cycles of dreaming (where day and night, known and unknown, conscious and unconscious) meet. throat chakra is in between thought and feeling (kind of F-ish), where voice and identification can become ideology but also can become self-expression/music. chakra 1 is basic spatial boundaries, S-ish, proprioception anchroing/centering/remembering, the root of the vessel, etc. chakra 3 is focus and power and the discipline of the body that you see in the embodiment and practice of T rooted in cycles of action and not just information. chakra 4 is obviously feeling, and it gets centered in a silent, listening, needs based place (whereas Fe can be so intentional, outwardly directed, chakra 4 requires a working backward to get to the underneatheness, and how seeing this allows one to truly surrender to oneself and allow the balancing actions (of mind and body, self and other, now and later) to happen, more like a the perfection of an interface than an actor in its own right, to empty oneself so the deeper truth can fill the space).

to me it's helpful typologically, as a personality theory, for example, if you were to compare like a 7w6 enp vs 7w8 enp, with the latter so embodied and rocklike and the former made of water and sound and more fountainy. the basic elemental theories in yoga kind of use a similar process of grounding the hierarchy/spectrum of conscious, of the principles of organizing life, that are universalizable both internally and externally, that set up the right kind of metaphysic to be self-aware as both the part and the whole at the same time.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Crown, oddly. I don't consider myself a very spiritual person.

i tend to think of crown less as spiritual (especially in terms of needing to have spiritual beliefs, because c7 to me is about letting go of the need for beliefs) and more as open-ended. someone who begins there, arrives eariler, is more likely to be a why not person than a why person. a different burden of proof and openness to possibility and experience. kind of inherently liberal as fuck, depending on how that is expressed (thru sx, so, sp).

i think the realization at the core of the crown chakra is an ability to let go of all ideas of thought so that seeing and hearing are recognized for what they are, as directly as possible (rather than treated as fundamentalist knowledge), that dreaming is aware that it is but a poetic expression of something else, that the interpretation (the process of it) can lead us to the heart (the center of the self) but doesn't replace it. that we are aware of our limitations so that we can shed our skin and evolve when we need to, and that our minds are open and pliable enough to be ready to do so.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i tend to think of crown less as spiritual (especially in terms of needing to have spiritual beliefs, because c7 to me is about letting go of the need for beliefs) and more as open-ended. someone who begins there, arrives eariler, is more likely to be a why not person than a why person. a different burden of proof and openness to possibility and experience. kind of inherently liberal as fuck, depending on how that is expressed (thru sx, so, sp).

i think the realization at the core of the crown chakra is an ability to let go of all ideas of thought so that seeing and hearing are recognized for what they are, as directly as possible (rather than treated as fundamentalist knowledge), that dreaming is aware that it is but a poetic expression of something else, that the interpretation (the process of it) can lead us to the heart (the center of the self) but doesn't replace it. that we are aware of our limitations so that we can shed our skin and evolve when we need to, and that our minds are open and pliable enough to be ready to do so.

In that case, I suppose the test was right on the money.

And I am liberal as fuck. Politically, yes, although I have a strong libertarian streak in some matters. Personally, too. I can be quite generous to people until they fuck me over or take advantage of my generosity.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think in actual chakra theory you are supposed to be "guided by" one chakra over the others. The goal is to have them balanced and not use any way more than the others.