• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

temperament test and poll (Hippocrates)

What temperament combination are you?

• Total voters

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The test isn't working, but I'm Sanguine-Phlegmatic.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Test gets an error, I've done this awhile ago but forgot the stats, though melancholic and phlegmatic were high. I'd like to try the test again when the link starts working again.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
They're not totally opposite. They share in common "directiveness" or task-focus (as opposed to people-focus, which would explain why you would be drained in social situations just as much as a pure Melancholy. You might express yourself a lot to people, but not respond as much to them (In the system I like the most, we call it "responding as an introvert")

I guess it's the whole "pessimist vs optimist" dichotomy that makes them look opposite; but the Choleric is described as optimistic because of the expressiveness. That's only one dimension in which they are opposite.

Thanks again. Now I can see it better.

I´m reading your "temperament for dummies" link. It was hard to find the test mentioned at the beginning of the site.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, got it working

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Now I can post the test result clearly.

b0e1eb3f.jpg

Thanks, Aleksei. :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your personality is Melancholy Choleric.

Melancholy Strength:9 Weakness:10 48%
Phlegmatic Strength:4 Weakness:3 18%
Sanguine Strength:3 Weakness:3 15%
Choleric Strength:4 Weakness:4 20%

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Vasilisa,
Your personality is Melancholy Phlegmatic

48% Melancholy Strength:8 Weakness:11
30% Phlegmatic Strength:7 Weakness:5
18% Sanguine Strength:3 Weakness:4
5% Choleric Strength:2 Weakness:0

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, never seen those results graphs before from that site!

More matches:
Donna Celia ISTJ = Melancholy-Melancholy (IST+SJ). Since a different temperament had to come in second place, that happens to be Choleric. You might be Choleric in Affection).

Then we have INFJ as Melancholy Phlegmatic (INJ + NF)

Untyped people:

Aleksei: SanChlor - try ENTP (ENP + NT)
Lucibel: Phlegmatic Melancholy. An F (INFP) would make it Phlegmatic-Phlegmatic (INP + NF), with Melancholy as possibly Affection.
Chloee: SanMel: try ESFJ (ESF + SJ)
Paradigm shift: MelChlor - try T, INTJ (INJ + NT)

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Your personality is Phlegmatic Melancholy.

Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:4 25%
Phlegmatic Strength:9 Weakness:9 45%
Sanguine Strength:3 Weakness:2 13%
Choleric Strength:2 Weakness:5 18%

Well I have no idea what this means relative to MBTI type :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's like this:

Keirsey temperaments (conative, dealing with action):
Sanguine: SP (Artisan)
Melancholy: SJ (Guardian)
Phlegmatic: NF (Idealist)*
Choleric: NT (Rational)*

*Disputed, based on temperament definitions

Interaction Styles (affective, dealing with social skills)
Sanguine: Get Things Going (ESF/ENP)
Choleric: In Charge (EST/ENJ)
Phlegmatic: Behind the Scenes (ISF/INP)
Melancholy: Chart the Course (IST/INJ).

So each type then would be a blend of two humor temperaments, and it helps understand some of the behaviors. The temperaments modify each other.
It really does seem to be coming out accurately from these results.

So for Phlegmatic Melancholy, that would suggest ISFJ. (ISF + SJ). You could also be Phlegmatic in both areas (INFP), with the Melancholy simply being the next strongest after that.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Thank you Eric. I came to this forum as an ISFJ so maybe there is merit to that typing after all. :)

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Your personality is Choleric Sanguine

Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:1 18%
Phlegmatic Strength:5 Weakness:4 23%
Sanguine Strength:3 Weakness:7 25%
Choleric Strength:6 Weakness:8 35%

Chloe

It's like this:

Keirsey temperaments (conative, dealing with action):
Sanguine: SP (Artisan)
Melancholy: SJ (Guardian)
Phlegmatic: NF (Idealist)*
Choleric: NT (Rational)*

*Disputed, based on temperament definitions

Interaction Styles (affective, dealing with social skills)
Sanguine: Get Things Going (ESF/ENP)
Choleric: In Charge (EST/ENJ)
Phlegmatic: Behind the Scenes (ISF/INP)
Melancholy: Chart the Course (IST/INJ).

So each type then would be a blend of two humor temperaments, and it helps understand some of the behaviors. The temperaments modify each other.
It really does seem to be coming out accurately from these results.

So for Phlegmatic Melancholy, that would suggest ISFJ. (ISF + SJ). You could also be Phlegmatic in both areas (INFP), with the Melancholy simply being the next strongest after that.

Cant figure out what type is suggested by score : Sanguine - Melancholy - Choleric? ESFP the most right??

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Sanguine: ESF, Melancholy: SJ = ESFJ
If you are Sanguine-Sanguine, then ESFP

This is not factoring in Choleric. Also, I am not sure of what I just wrote ;), so wait for Eric :redface:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By Jo; you got it!!! :happy0065:

I didn't see SFP under the name last night, so I figured there was a clean slate for ESFJ to be tried. So yes, if really an SFP, then you could be Sanguine-Sanguine and ESFP.

Choleric (Or Melancholy if you're really Sanguine-Sanguine) could be a third area, Affection (in the system in the other thread, which I see was just revived!)

It seems Saint Kat is always the stumper. I remember the name from one of the other temperament threads, and just found it in the Five Temperament version of this one (this was just over a year ago. wow, didn't seem that long ago), where it was Choleric-Phlegmatic. I see I did not even try to tackle that one. (I thought there was another one where I did interpret your results, but I can't find it now, and it's not the ICA thread).

So if you're ENFP, I don't know why you're coming up Choleric in both tests, and second place Sanguine in this one, but Phlegmatic on the other one (I see that is in third place on this one).
Even though I have been assuming the dominant temperament is Interaction Style, and the secondary temperament is the Keirsey group, it still might not necessarily follow that (though it does seem to be fitting that a lot!)
So you could just be a strong Choleric in Affection (coming out as the dominant temperament), Sanguine in Inclusion and Phlegmatic in Control, which would fit ENFP.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Me and my looking in only one place and then quickly moving on...

So do we have another "Greed" (forget what he calls himself now) ENFP SanChlor?

But I see you do also have "Field Marshall (Rational)" there, and that is the ENTJ, which is very Choleric. Greed had earlier worn ENTJ as well. We determined that he was very inbetween in the temperaments (Moderate blends, which are described in the Inclusion-Control-Affection thread).
8 is also Choleric. LII/INTj is usually matched to INTP, but some argue that it can correspond to its MBTI namesake, INTJ. SLUEI matches ENTP. (I believe NT is the Choleric part of those types, with ENTJ as the purest one).

What made you choose ENFP over the others?