User Tag List

View Poll Results: What temperament combination are you?

Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • SanPhleg

11 6.29%
  • SanChol

11 6.29%
  • SanMel

7 4.00%
  • PhlegSan

12 6.86%
  • PhlegChol

2 1.14%
  • PhlegMel

34 19.43%
  • CholSan

10 5.71%
  • CholMel

17 9.71%
  • CholPhleg

5 2.86%
  • MelPhleg

38 21.71%
  • MelSan

6 3.43%
  • MelChol

22 12.57%
First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Your score was very Phlegmatic, and I would expect the INFP to be pure Phlegmatic. This test does not seem to yield "pure" temperaments. Whichever one scores second place is assumed to be a blending with the primary temperament. So you're probably not really a Phleg-Mel (I would expect ISFJ to fit this better, or in the reverse, INFJ), but rather a pure Phlegmatic, ans in this test, Melancholy just happened to come up second.

From that site, try this page: PD Services Page and see if the description of the pure Phlegmatic is more accurate.
    Hmm, a good deal of it still sounds off, but I guess I'd say it is a tad better fitting. Some certain points still strongly conflict with my personality though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Does this sound more like you then?
    The Supine Temperament
    This is a fifth temperament, in addition to Hippocrates' old four, and I believe any ISF/INP or NF might actually be either this, or Phlegmatic, or even both; especially the INFP.
    Unlike the Phlegmatic, it has more emotional energy. But both fit the more "reserved", and "people-focused/role-informative" profiles, so are very similar in some respects, and eclipse each other.

Here is the thread further down in this forum, where there is a link to a five-temperament version of the test discussed in this thread:
    Five Temperaments test!
    There, you can see the basic traits of each temperament, and pick out the ones that match you.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

I identify with that supine description. Thanks for posting it.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Thank you. It's pretty good, still, not all of it fits though.
    It is better though. Some points under the phlegmatic description just go directly against me, with supine it is not necessarily the case.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

You're Welcome, both!

There's also blends between the two temperaments:
    Supine Phlegmatic
    Phlegmatic Supine
    Those are Inclusion, which appears to correspond with the Interaction Style.

For Control, which would seem to match NF (Perhaps better than either the pure Supine or Phlegmatic):
    Supine Phlegmatic
    Phlegmatic Supine
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a melancholy-choleric. That means I'm romantic, emo, organized, but if you mess with me I'll stab you, right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

i got phlegmatic-sanguine (phlegm-blood!) on a test that only included the four traditional humors..
    i relate to the supine description as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm a melancholy-choleric. That means I'm romantic, emo, organized, but if you mess with me I'll stab you, right?
    :ouch: Melancholy-Choleric seems more like INTJ (and you sometimes see them described that way). Even if Keirsey's NF=Choleric was right, INFP doesn't come out both Choleric and Melancholy. Usually Phlegmatic and Melancholy, or on rare occasions Phlegmatic and Choleric. (I predict that it would be heavily Phlegmatic and Supine {phthalocyanine}, but since Supine isn't on four temperament tests, the secondary temperament could be anything. They actually usually score lowest in Choleric).

Type Ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    :ouch: Melancholy-Choleric seems more like INTJ (and you sometimes see them described that way). Even if Keirsey's NF=Choleric was right, INFP doesn't come out both Choleric and Melancholy. Usually Phlegmatic and Melancholy, or on rare occasions Phlegmatic and Choleric. (I predict that it would be heavily Phlegmatic and Supine, but since Supine isn't on four temperament tests, the secondary temperament could be anything. They actually usually score lowest in Choleric).
    But all my MBTI tests say INFP mostly, and occasionally INFJ. The description of melanchoic sounds VERY NF to me, and very enneagram 4. I'm like 70% F so there's no way I'm a T.

I don't know anything about this Supine. What I do suspect is that the four humours thing is totally archaic and not very accurate.

I was kidding about the stabbing thing, obviously. I'm not a violent person, never been in a physical fight. It's just that the choleric temperament seems....stabby.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

On the "conative" level, the most melancholic would be SJ (and this agrees with Keirsey). Melancholic would fit structure-focused more, and very logistical. NF has the Diplomatic skills set, which is closest to Phlegmatic, and is more people-focused, which melancholic is definitely not.

I had always said E4 sounded very Supine-Phlegmatic as well, though I see a lot of INFJ's come out as that type. But then, if NF is Supine and/or Phlegmatic...

The four humours are basically old names for what we now know as the conative temperaments and Interaction Styles. We know it's not "humours" (body fluids) controlling them, (so that was what was archaic), but it is no less accurate than the systems with the current names. And Supine is an extension of the old system not connected to a humour at all. It had been missed in the old humour system.
    What is inaccurate are these kinds of tests where you pick the traits out of lists. Hence, there is plenty opportunity for Forer effects that ignore the real motivation of behavior from the true temperament needs. These tests do give just rough estimations, however.

(I knew the stabbing thing was a joke. And sometimes, those kinds of jokes are often used in INTJ descriptions).

Type Ideas