• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

temperament test and poll (Hippocrates)

What temperament combination are you?

• Total voters

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your score was very Phlegmatic, and I would expect the INFP to be pure Phlegmatic. This test does not seem to yield "pure" temperaments. Whichever one scores second place is assumed to be a blending with the primary temperament. So you're probably not really a Phleg-Mel (I would expect ISFJ to fit this better, or in the reverse, INFJ), but rather a pure Phlegmatic, ans in this test, Melancholy just happened to come up second.

From that site, try this page: PD Services Page and see if the description of the pure Phlegmatic is more accurate.

Hmm, a good deal of it still sounds off, but I guess I'd say it is a tad better fitting. Some certain points still strongly conflict with my personality though.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does this sound more like you then?
The Supine Temperament
This is a fifth temperament, in addition to Hippocrates' old four, and I believe any ISF/INP or NF might actually be either this, or Phlegmatic, or even both; especially the INFP.
Unlike the Phlegmatic, it has more emotional energy. But both fit the more "reserved", and "people-focused/role-informative" profiles, so are very similar in some respects, and eclipse each other.

Here is the thread further down in this forum, where there is a link to a five-temperament version of the test discussed in this thread:
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/online-personality-tests/6956-five-temperaments-test.html
There, you can see the basic traits of each temperament, and pick out the ones that match you.

wolfy

awsm
I identify with that supine description. Thanks for posting it.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you. It's pretty good, still, not all of it fits though. :(
It is better though. Some points under the phlegmatic description just go directly against me, with supine it is not necessarily the case.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a melancholy-choleric. That means I'm romantic, emo, organized, but if you mess with me I'll stab you, right?

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i got phlegmatic-sanguine (phlegm-blood!) on a test that only included the four traditional humors..
i relate to the supine description as well.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a melancholy-choleric. That means I'm romantic, emo, organized, but if you mess with me I'll stab you, right?
:eek:uch: Melancholy-Choleric seems more like INTJ (and you sometimes see them described that way). Even if Keirsey's NF=Choleric was right, INFP doesn't come out both Choleric and Melancholy. Usually Phlegmatic and Melancholy, or on rare occasions Phlegmatic and Choleric. (I predict that it would be heavily Phlegmatic and Supine {:thumbup:phthalocyanine}, but since Supine isn't on four temperament tests, the secondary temperament could be anything. They actually usually score lowest in Choleric).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:eek:uch: Melancholy-Choleric seems more like INTJ (and you sometimes see them described that way). Even if Keirsey's NF=Choleric was right, INFP doesn't come out both Choleric and Melancholy. Usually Phlegmatic and Melancholy, or on rare occasions Phlegmatic and Choleric. (I predict that it would be heavily Phlegmatic and Supine, but since Supine isn't on four temperament tests, the secondary temperament could be anything. They actually usually score lowest in Choleric).

But all my MBTI tests say INFP mostly, and occasionally INFJ. The description of melanchoic sounds VERY NF to me, and very enneagram 4. I'm like 70% F so there's no way I'm a T.

I don't know anything about this Supine. What I do suspect is that the four humours thing is totally archaic and not very accurate.

I was kidding about the stabbing thing, obviously. I'm not a violent person, never been in a physical fight. It's just that the choleric temperament seems....stabby.:angry:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
On the "conative" level, the most melancholic would be SJ (and this agrees with Keirsey). Melancholic would fit structure-focused more, and very logistical. NF has the Diplomatic skills set, which is closest to Phlegmatic, and is more people-focused, which melancholic is definitely not.

I had always said E4 sounded very Supine-Phlegmatic as well, though I see a lot of INFJ's come out as that type. But then, if NF is Supine and/or Phlegmatic...

The four humours are basically old names for what we now know as the conative temperaments and Interaction Styles. We know it's not "humours" (body fluids) controlling them, (so that was what was archaic), but it is no less accurate than the systems with the current names. And Supine is an extension of the old system not connected to a humour at all. It had been missed in the old humour system.
What is inaccurate are these kinds of tests where you pick the traits out of lists. Hence, there is plenty opportunity for Forer effects that ignore the real motivation of behavior from the true temperament needs. These tests do give just rough estimations, however.

(I knew the stabbing thing was a joke. And sometimes, those kinds of jokes are often used in INTJ descriptions).

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i like your sig Eric. i want a chart like that.
why am i such a nerd if i am an NF. riddle me that.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suppose I could relate somewhat to the Supine Phlegmatic.

And looky here: Dry sense of humor which can be biting and sarcastic

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
Phlegmatic Melancholy.

"One Supine we know remarked that to be a Supine "felt like having tape over his mouth." He often has a wish or desire, but is unable or unwilling to express himself. Supine In Inclusion people often wish that others could "read their minds.'"

Mmhhm! :yes:

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i like your sig Eric. i want a chart like that.
That's homemade, and based on Step II subscale descriptions in a book. I patterned it after those MyPersonality.com badges others have.
why am i such a nerd if i am an NF. riddle me that.
I don't think it has anything to do with being NF or not. It would most likely be more connected with the IN-P (Behind the scenes), which would cover your social interaction skills (and hence, "nerdiness") more anyway.

dotdalidot, do you know your type?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Melancholy-phlegmatic. Mostly melancholy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your personality is Melancholy Phlegmatic.
Melancholy Strength:9 Weakness:7
40%
Phlegmatic Strength:6 Weakness:8
35%
Sanguine Strength:2 Weakness:1
8%
Choleric Strength:3 Weakness:4
18%

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Phlegmatic-Choleric. Melancholy was very close to Choleric.

That's what I consider myself. :)