First 7891011 Last

Thread: Feminist Test

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Terminology is a lot less important to me than what people actually believe.

Words =/= actions
    Then I suspect you might not be accurately interpreting others' motives, because very few people actually believe or act in a way consistent with what you stated above.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'd burn my bras, but I kind of need them.

You Are 89% Feminist

You are a total feminist. This doesn't mean you're a man hater (in fact, you may be a man).
    You just think that men and women should be treated equally. It's a simple idea but somehow complicated for the world to put into action.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I'd burn my bras, but I kind of need them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Not sure if anti-feminists...

...or feminazis.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    I was just agreeing with you're comment on feminism being inherently divisive, they seem to give men's issues some lip service but it is ultimately backhanded condensation. I brought up men's issues because it is indispensable when talking about gender equality and being egalitarian, do you consider yourself egalitarian?
    I don't much care for labels but egalitarian wouldn't be objectionable.
    I don't have a stance regarding men's issues but both sides ought to be happy when we achieve equality. IOW can't we all just get along?
    Maybe I've read stuff from the wrong feminists but too many appear intent upon punishing men due to the sins of our ancestors & I just can't give any support to that type mindset. When feminists get over the inequalities of the past & step up to the plate to live as equals, I'll welcome them with open arms.
    I'd prefer to elevate women by acknowledging equality of the sexes, heck create an equality holiday but I can't support further driving a wedge between the sexes.
    Science has already created artificial sperm cells capable of rendering men obsolete, their next unicorn was to create an artificial ovum nearly rendering women obsolete for reproduction. Science may as well develop an artificial womb so that neither sex requires the other to have children & then the militant sexists on both sides can go jump in a lake for all I care.
    Scientists Create Sperm and Eggs from Skin Cells, Regardless of Donor Gender

Those radical feminists & MRAs wishing to further divide the sexes ought to merely convince government of the merits of mass sterilization of newborns, they could sell it as global population control by allowing very few lucky individuals (maybe by lottery system) to pay mucho dineros for the privileged of creating a genetically engineered human baby.

Ginkgo

The Basic Feminist
    You are 77% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

ARE YOU HAPPY @YWIR???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Feminists believe that gender roles should not exist
    And?

Get over it. Men aren't allowed to whine.

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    And?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I don't see anything wrong with trying to rid of something that hinders a lot of people.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

The only thing I hate about feminism is the name. It should not have gendered associations if it's trying to make genders more equal.

In most civilized countries there are very little, if any, differences between genders in the eyes of the law. The most common exception is the military service which in some places is mandatory for men and voluntary for women (or shorter). Naturally men can't have maternity leave, but especially here in Nordic countries men have a good chance to participate during the early weeks/months.

The issue is more of an issue of attitudes, and it goes both ways. Women get less salary, are seen as less authoritative and generally less capable. Men on the other hand are the first to suffer in crisis. Wars, economic depressions and sociopolitical instabilities hit men first. Great majority of criminals, drug users, suicide victims, homeless and mental patients are men. Men more often draw the shorter straw in divorces and custody battles. Men are expected to provide, shelter and protect, and not be sheltered, provided for or protected.

Gender inequalities exists both ways, and we just need to get rid of these ridiculous gender roles and consider people as people first, not as men or women. And f*ck that Girl Power-thing. Girls have no special powers, at least no more than boys.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla