User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Feminist Test

MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

The Basic Feminist

You are 72% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist
    You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

I think of a "feminist" as simply a person who believes that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men (and I certainly consider myself one), but I acknowledge that the word has accumulated some negative connotations (namely that feminists believe in the superiority of women and see most men as oppressors). Honestly, I'm careful about using the word (and I always feel the need to explain what it means when I do use it) because of the potential for semantic misunderstandings, and I also know better than to automatically assume someone who says they aren't a feminist is an anti women's rights bigot who wants to return to 1950s-style gender roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Accurate, except that I don't hesitate to call myself feminist and have never read any feminist literature. No need to intellectualize common sense and decency.
    Samesies! It is too bad feminism has become a dirty word for so many. That is part of the reason I use it to describe myself... to show, hey I call myself a feminist, I don't hate men, I'm a fun easygoing person, I just also happen to believe in equality for the sexes.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so.
    Incorrect. Many of us would and do.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Samesies! It is too bad feminism has become a dirty word for so many. That is part of the reason I use it to describe myself... to show, hey I call myself a feminist, I don't hate men, I'm a fun easygoing person, I just also happen to believe in equality for the sexes.
    Exactly.

Tomato Nation » Yes, You Are

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Incorrect. Many of us would and do.
    So where are men's rights in danger?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

HelloQuizzy.com: The Basic Feminist

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)
    awareness Distribution
    You scored 68% on awareness, higher than 22% of your peers.

That's a bulls--t test result, I don't support feminism & I'd prefer a result under 50%.
    I support equality between the sexes, but feminism isn't about equality because it's a weapon to further divide the sexes.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

72%, basic feminist
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    "You're a Feminist! Congratulations!"

Yeah no. No I am not.

AND LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION

This is why I'm not a feminist. This and the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter. Looking at the other descriptions, whichever dumbass made the quiz has a serious holier-than-thou issue they need to get worked out. It's really disgusting. Do me a favor and take your own words and shove them up your hamster hole.
    Couldn't agree with you more, lol at the assumption that a higher score means you're just ignorant about feminism, sexism against women, and not too thoughtful about gender roles. Disliking ideologically rigid bullshit feminism is different from true misogyny .
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by OrderOfTheCaelifera View Post
    HelloQuizzy.com: The Basic Feminist

YOUR ANALYSIS (Vertical line = Average)
    awareness Distribution
    You scored 68% on awareness, higher than 22% of your peers.

That's a bulls--t test result, I don't support feminism & I'd prefer a result under 50%.
    I support equality between the sexes, but feminism isn't about equality because it's a weapon to further divide the sexes.
    A lot of feminists just want selective equality, they don't truly want women to be equal to men in every area, instead of recognizing gender discrimination dually effects both men, women and everything in between, they just want female victimhood monopoly on sexism. Feminism is not even representative of all women(see #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen ), how the heck are they going to be genuinely concerned about men's issues(because men have male privilege eh).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    "You're a Feminist! Congratulations!"

Yeah no. No I am not.

AND LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION

This is why I'm not a feminist. This and the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter. Looking at the other descriptions, whichever dumbass made the quiz has a serious holier-than-thou issue they need to get worked out. It's really disgusting. Do me a favor and take your own words and shove them up your hamster hole.
    @Ukon--

...please explain the meaning of the word "hamster" in this context.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    The Basic Feminist

You are 72% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist
    You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

I think of a "feminist" as simply a person who believes that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men (and I certainly consider myself one), but I acknowledge that the word has accumulated some negative connotations (namely that feminists believe in the superiority of women and see most men as oppressors). Honestly, I'm careful about using the word (and I always feel the need to explain what it means when I do use it) because of the potential for semantic misunderstandings, and I also know better than to automatically assume someone who says they aren't a feminist is an anti women's rights bigot who wants to return to 1950s-style gender roles.
    Why the knee-jerk use of 1950s-style gender roles as an ideological litmus test / dog whistle / "didn't you get the memo" call?

Please explain without rancor. I seek understanding "right from the horse's mouth."
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.