User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 179

Thread: Feminist Test

  1. #11
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    "You're a Feminist! Congratulations!"

    Yeah no. No I am not.

    AND LOL AT THE DESCRIPTION



    This is why I'm not a feminist. This and the #YesAllWomen tag on Twitter.
    Just be a humanist. If feminism was about equality it would also include men in the name.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist
    Likes SpankyMcFly liked this post

  2. #12
    Member Ukon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Just be a humanist. If feminism was about equality it would also include men in the name.
    I refuse to identify myself as anything but a girl, an INTP, and a bit of a hippie.

    See, organized political groups hate all other political groups. Every single one. Feminists hate MRAs, MRAs hate feminists, Egalitarians hate both, etc etc etc. No side will ever listen to the other. That's just how it is and I don't approve of that. Instead of focusing on issues that can't be argued, everyone is too focused on being right.
    people who expect a change
    who can't throw away their humanity
    who stay idle in growth
    who won't dirty their hands
    those are the most terrifying of monsters

  3. #13
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    I refuse to identify myself as anything but a girl, an INTP, and a bit of a hippie.

    See, organized political groups hate all other political groups. Every single one. Feminists hate MRAs, MRAs hate feminists, Egalitarians hate both, etc etc etc. No side will ever listen to the other. That's just how it is and I don't approve of that. Instead of focusing on issues that can't be argued, everyone is too focused on being right.
    Exactly, but I always try to see the good things in one's argument. However, it's hard to find anything good in mysogynists' arguments.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #14
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Just be a humanist. If feminism was about equality it would also include men in the name.
    Feminism focuses on women because they are at a disadvantage. In practice, this means equality because you elevate women to the same level as men.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

  5. #15
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Feminism focuses on women because they are at a disadvantage. In practice, this means equality because you elevate women to the same level as men.
    Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so. Btw, some answers in the test seem very anti-male to me. They do increase your score on feminism.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  6. #16
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so. Btw, some answers in the test seem very anti-male to me. They do increase your score on feminism.
    I think that some would. That's the problem with -isms, there are so many different flavors of them. It's also unfortunate that I've felt inclined to reject feminism for reasons like those. Feminism in my eyes is much like hive said. Humanism with a focus on the inequality of women. There are other groups of people that I spend time and energy on thinking about their struggle and feeling compelled to be a force in support of.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  7. #17
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    I think that some would. That's the problem with -isms, there are so many different flavors of them. It's also unfortunate that I've felt inclined to reject feminism for reasons like those. Feminism in my eyes is much like hive said. Humanism with a focus on the inequality of women. There are other groups of people that I spend time and energy on thinking about their struggle and feeling compelled to be a force in support of.
    I think feminists are people (women and men) who declare themselves so. Those are mostly the really radical ones. Take yourself as an example: You refused to see yourself as a feminist probably because the word has a negative and radical touch to it. Humanists, however, to who I count myself, are the only people who really focus on the equality of genders and not on the superiority of one of them. Humanism necessarily focusses on women since they are disadvantaged in many areas.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  8. #18
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Basic Feminist - 70%
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  9. #19
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    You should be paid based on your ability to perform your job, not what your gender is, how well you can suck the ceo's dick, or how manipulative you are with your co-workers
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  10. #20
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Would feminists protest if men's rights are in danger? I don't think so. Btw, some answers in the test seem very anti-male to me. They do increase your score on feminism.
    Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's impossible to say what "feminists" as a group will or won't do, since they come in many forms. You don't expect all Catholics or all Americans to behave exactly the same, do you?

    The point is that feminists want the same treatment men get. Therefore, it's in practice a fight for equality. Fighting for men's rights is also a fight for equality, but a very different one and not as important.

    Following your reasoning, if I donated money to starving kids in Africa, I don't really actually care for helping the famished because I didn't also donate money to starving kids in Asia. There are often many ways to work towards a greater goal, but you can't do all of the things at the same time. Giving women the same treatment as men - in social or legal situations for example - is one of the ways to work for equality. That work isn't disqualified because you didn't fight for men's rights.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT

Similar Threads

  1. ActualMe test
    By wyrdsister in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  2. what kind of feminist are you? a much better test!
    By wildflower in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 07:26 PM
  3. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  4. The Materialist Test
    By FranG in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO