User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

Thread: Feminist Test

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

58% feminist. That sounds about right.

I wish feminism had a different name. Its basic definition is "the advocacy of gender equality", but its name implies that the female gender is superior. I can't stand women who think they're superior to men, any more than I can stand men who think women are inferior.

We should just start calling feminism egalitarianism instead. That alone would take away a lot of the negative stigma around it.

Rogue heart

You are 87% on your way to being a Feminist!

The True Feminist

You are a fellow Patriarchy Blaming Feminist, my bosom-buddy in the Sanctimonious Women's Studies set. You know sexism where you see it, and you're not afraid to call it out! You know a lot about Feminism, and you got your head on straight when it comes to politics too. In general, you're just pretty awesome and you judge people for who they are, not what arrangement of parts they have and the roles they are expected to play.

Lol considering the answers I've given I was expecting something like 60%

MBTI
    FUCK
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LSI Se

The Egalitarian

You are 61% on your way to being a Feminist!

You know enough about Feminism and how to be one to get a decent score. However, you still have some strange ideas about gender and Feminism, and probably don't affiliate yourself with any Feminist organizations. You're just an average Joe that hasn't really taken much time to think about sexism, but at least you can see it where it's really obvious. In other words, you're not a part of the problem, but you're probably not doing anything to fix it.

The good news is that at least you're not opposed to Feminism. The bad news is that you probably do some sexist things yourself like calling women whores or expecting people to adhere to fairly narrow gender roles. You don't do it on purpose, but that doesn't mean that you should continue to do it!

Just stop and take a minute to think about how your actions affect others when you say or do something that doesn't quite sound or feel right. Pay more attention to who people are instead of what parts they have. Most of all, educate yourself and don't apologize for sexist assholes! You're better than that, and it's time to let the world know that it's not cool.
    REALLY NOT FEELIN UP TO IT RIGHT NOW. SORRY.

The Basic Feminist
    You are 68% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You're a Feminist! Congratulations!

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The Basic Feminist
    You are 72% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!

I believe in equality for all, but I don't associate with the feminist label because of the extremists, unfortunately. I just see everyone as human beings with their own struggles in life.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

The Basic Feminist
    You are 65% on your way to being a Feminist!
    Interesting. I wonder what I would have gotten a year or two ago.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    58% feminist. That sounds about right. I wish feminism had a different name. Its basic definition is "the advocacy of gender equality", but its name implies that the female gender is superior. I can't stand women who think they're superior to men, any more than I can stand men who think women are inferior. We should just start calling feminism egalitarianism instead. That alone would take away a lot of the negative stigma around it.
    I get where you're coming from, but it's called feminism because females are the ones looked at with lesser value. The fact that advocating for the unequal party's rights ("feminism") creates a stigma is part of the problem to begin with. Giving into that mindset and changing the name just to appease the people who are uncomfortable with it would be...counterproductive, really.

That being said, I wish there were a way to normalize what feminism means so that the extremists or those that don't take it seriously would stop tarnishing the cause. But that happens with anything, religions, political parties, etc... extremists or people who don't truly understand the concept misrepresent what the idea is really going for.

MBTI
    INTP

The Egalitarian
    52%

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

egalitarian

i like my result, but the description is obnoxious... the word means: "of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities."

egalitarian>feminist

anyhow, here is the lame description...

post script:

i was also annoyed at how few of the questions had an "egalitarian answer"... many of the questions felt like this years election (nothing but bad choices)...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

"The Basic Feminist
    You are 68% on your way to being a Feminist!

The Basic Feminist

You have a good idea of what sexism is, how to avoid it, and how to stand up for women and/or yourself. You might have read some basic Feminist literature or thought in passing, and thought that it was pretty good. Sometimes you baulk a little at overtly identifying yourself as a Feminist due to the negative stigma. Don't be ashamed of being right! Just keep on doing what you're doing and exploring more ways to treat everyone with respect because of their humanity, not their parts, and you're helping to fix the problem!"

I thought I was pushing it by answering that rape requires a clearly-stated "no." Heh. The person who wrote this quiz seems to share my idea of feminism, or at least parts of it. I'm glad that it had a lot of questions about careers, traditional gender roles, biological differences, etc. instead of only addressing sexual issues like many feminists do.
    Previous username: EliaBlack