User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 179

Thread: Feminist Test

  1. #141
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    My reasoning comes from the observation that women who are happy, and in meaningful relationships, just don't complain about men in the way you see all over the internet. The great majority of "feminist" women enjoy submitting to a man they are attracted to and respect - it is built into women to desire this. Respect from women comes from exuding authority and status, and creating boundaries and a structure for them. Feminists try and come up with bogus rationalisations for the fact that they just don't find passive, supplicating men who won't use and abuse them attractive.

    Feminism is a toxic ideology, but it only exists because men collectively allow it to. If we decided to stop dating women for being feminists, feminism would disappear overnight. Women start to gravitate away from feminism just in the face of an economic downturn.
    The bold part seems to be the centerpiece of your reasoning, and you'd be really hard pressed to prove it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Then you are not representative. You may call yourself a feminist, but so what...
    You get to decide who is or isn't representative of feminism, and not the people who identify with it? Come on.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #142
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Then you are not representative. You may call yourself a feminist, but so what...
    By all means present me with relevant empirical data on what is representative of feminist ideology. Your argument appears to be purely anecdotal. If we're talking about personal experiences of feminism, then yours is not representative of my own.

    I noticed you haven't really bothered to look at my argument.
    Perhaps you should clarify it. I find it hard to see through the logical fallacies.

    Do you mean that you are against eliminating gender roles altogether? If so, I don't necessarily disagree with you. Like I said, I believe some differences are innate. I don't, however, believe that the world will implode if women continue to wear trousers.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  3. #143
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This is mindless polemics. Badly written, too.



    I've known multiple hot, vociferous feminists. I don't think your hypothesis really pans out. But I shouldn't say that like it's some kind of news, I suppose.
    And the white knight award goes to...

    Meanwhile,


  4. #144
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    57%. Surprising. I got this (in my opinion) by not being a total dick and answering accordingly. Personally I like the label "anti-feminist" as I want absolutely zero preferential treatment for women and I despise those who do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #145
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    57%. Surprising. I got this (in my opinion) by not being a total dick and answering accordingly. Personally I like the label "anti-feminist" as I want absolutely zero preferential treatment for women and I despise those who do.
    Actually, this makes you a feminist.

    fem·i·nism (fm-nzm)
    n.
    1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.
    2. The movement organized around this belief.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  6. #146
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    From what I see, feminism is a movement about hoarding priviledges for women under the pretense of equality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #147
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    And the white knight award goes to...
    Ah, yes... something like this:

    "Fuck, someone has born witness to me being wrong! I'd better try and marginalize them with a label before I have to come up with an argument that isn't shit!"
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #148
    royal member Rasofy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Ah, yes... something like this:

    "Fuck, someone has born witness to me being wrong! I'd better try and marginalize them with a label before I have to come up with an argument that isn't shit!"
    In a nutshell, your notion that "many feminists are hot" doesn't invalidate my experiences in any way.

    I've drawn comparisons between women who openly call themselves feminists and women who don't identify in any way with the term (many of them conservatives, some libertarians), and the attractiveness gap is very evident.

    Among the reasons for that, many feminists have demonstrated an overall disregard for their own appearance, a certain proudness in challenging beauty standards (because every woman is beautiful blah blah blah not gonna submit to patriarchy blah blah blah), as well as a distinct lack of grace.

    Maybe you happen to be into that, but most males don't.

    Anyways, I'm done with this topic and your attempts to nitpick on stuff I say. That's an INTP vice that I happen to have no patience for.

  9. #149
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    In a nutshell, your notion that "many feminists are hot" doesn't invalidate my experiences in any way.

    I've drawn comparisons between women who openly call themselves feminists and women who don't identify in any way with the term (many of them conservatives, some libertarians), and the attractiveness gap is very evident.
    No, I don't see that. The closest I could get to agreeing with that is that there is a small cohort of women within the feminist category that deviate far from the norm which isn't necessarily paralleled by other groups. But I think it would only skew results slightly and there would be no confusion between them and the general majority.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Among the reasons for that, many feminists have demonstrated an overall disregard for their own appearance, a certain proudness in challenging beauty standards (because every woman is beautiful blah blah blah not gonna submit to patriarchy blah blah blah), as well as a distinct lack of grace.
    In wiki language, that's what we'd call a weasel word. Many? Have some people in mind? Got a number off-hand? If it's just your hunch, then it doesn't hold much more currency than my hunch, does it? In that case, see above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Maybe you happen to be into that, but most males don't.
    You don't get it. I mean, I've known multiple feminists who I think would qualify as hot in a mainstream, conventional way. There's nothing about me being into some sort of particular thing here. I even knew someone who's two favorite books were Female Chauvinist Pigs and The Beauty Myth, that category of feminist, and even she fucking put on makeup, wore dresses, and groomed herself to societal norms. I actually had a conversation with her once about how she felt about all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Anyways, I'm done with this topic and your attempts to nitpick on stuff I say. That's an INTP vice that I happen to have no patience for.
    I might be nitpicking, or you might be sloppy as fuck.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #150
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Basic Feminist.

    Test is annoying. Feminism is annoying. I am tired of people being angry about tangential topics. Equal rights is not a difficult concept and does not need obtuse labels.

Similar Threads

  1. ActualMe test
    By wyrdsister in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 172
    Last Post: 08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
  2. what kind of feminist are you? a much better test!
    By wildflower in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-30-2014, 07:26 PM
  3. Philosophical personality test
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 323
    Last Post: 09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
  4. The Materialist Test
    By FranG in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO