User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

your resident asshole

Oh. Haha. I get it.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    So you're Supine-Choleric! That's like me. On one hand, I would say that would suggest INTP, but Supine is actually very funny that way. The "Expressed" behavior is low, like an introvert, yet it has been called an "Introverted Sanguine", because the need for people is as high as Sanguine. Phlegmatic is actually moderate in his need for people, but on the old four temperament matrix was next to Sanguine in being "people-focused" or "Informing". So you could be Supine-Choleric and still ENTP. I have some extraverted energies that I attribute in part to being Supine, and I at one point considered ENTP (as a tentative compromise between ENFP and INTP), but settled back on INTP because the archetypes fit better (tertiary/relief Si, inferior Fe, trickster Se, etc)

I believe this missed temperament explains all the supposed EN-P "introverted extraverts", because Supine basically is described in five temperament theory as an introverted extravert. It also would explain a lot of T/F problems.

Supine is also basically a bit more "feely", which I know gives me T/F ambiguities as well. So I've been called ENFP, and that's what you were wearing for a while, so this would explain it for both of us! It's the Choleric that pushes us to the T side (though perhaps barely), and at the same time might make us identify with ENTJ like you once did (That came up as my "preferred type" on Jung Explorer from Similarminds, and ENFP was the "attraction type", and INTP was "actualized type").
    You've got great insight as usual. Sanguine seems to fit under the four-temperament model, but Supine might fit better under the five-temperament model. The test shows me as Supine/Choleric, but I think of myself as more Choleric/Supine. Sanguine seems to describe my extroverted Feeling friends better than it does me, though, so this test has hit upon something for me.

This is yet another Thing that I'll have to look into in more detail.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Thanks.
    It seems like you're trying to get that Choleric out front (Even though Supine came out strongest). That's understandable, as Supine is a very sensitive temperament, and Choleric is the strong and tough one that's good to confront a tough world with. So we end up almost wishing we the the full-Choleric ENTJ, as mentioned.
    But in the full Five Temperament theory, "Supine-Choleric" does not indicate strengths, but rather Supine in social skills, and Choleric in leadership skills, and that seems to match xNP + NT.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Isn't there an online test? I'm incredibly lazy.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What do my results mean? Five Temperaments test!

Like, what do you have to say about it? I'll read that other stuff later (I have to go soon, I would just read it).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    Isn't there an online test? I'm incredibly lazy.
    The only online test is the one linked in the OP. That's the cheap "traits list" version.
    For the full version I've been mentioning (which is actually a version of the FIRO-B), it is not offered online directly, nor is it free, unfortunately.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I came up with my own answers, but I didn't have another source to check me:

Choleric: 34
    Phlegmatic: 61
    Melancholic: 66
    Sanguine: 47
    Supine: 66

So the ranking is like this:

Melancholic=Supine
    Phlegmatic
    Sanguine
    Choleric

I don't quite know what to do with that, but there it is. Does the fairly high phlegmatic score count for anything, or should I disregard that in favor of Supine and Melancholic, which tied?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    What do my results mean? Five Temperaments test!

Like, what do you have to say about it? I'll read that other stuff later (I have to go soon, I would just read it).
    I kind of didn't touch that, because of the strong Melancholy. :ouch: I expected INFP's to be strongest in Supine and/or Phlegmatic.
    The same with Little Linguist, who I considered ISFJ for, but is probably ENFP after all.

So perhaps it's the same things I said for her. The Melancholy can be an uncorresponded third area, Affection (deep personal relations, similar in concept to Enneagram's "sexual". Again, sorry there is not free version of the full test). Then, otherwise, Supine and Phlegmatic are the next strongest, and would represent the social and leadership skills (Basically, the INP and NF).
    So that would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I came up with my own answers, but I didn't have another source to check me:

Choleric: 34
    Phlegmatic: 61
    Melancholic: 66
    Sanguine: 47
    Supine: 66

So the ranking is like this:

Melancholic=Supine
    Phlegmatic
    Sanguine
    Choleric

I don't quite know what to do with that, but there it is. Does the fairly high phlegmatic score count for anything, or should I disregard that in favor of Supine and Melancholic, which tied?
    That would be another good fit!
    Melancholy=INJ
    Supine=NF

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That would be another good fit!
    Melancholy=INJ
    Supine=NF
    Right, that's what I would have thought.

It's pretty obvious that Choleric and Sanguine aren't a major part of my temperament. But I am curious as to why my Phlegmatic score is so high, and what that could indicate about me along with the other scores. I mean, what kind of unusual tendencies for my type and temperament could the high Phlegmatic score explain?

Sorry if I sound like I'm nitpicking. It just kind of stood out to me, because 5 more points and it would have tied with the other two.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I kind of didn't touch that, because of the strong Melancholy. :ouch: I expected INFP's to be strongest in Supine and/or Phlegmatic.
    The same with Little Linguist, who I considered ISFJ for, but is probably ENFP after all.

So perhaps it's the same things I said for her. The Melancholy can be an uncorresponded third area, Affection (deep personal relations, similar in concept to Enneagram's "sexual". Again, sorry there is not free version of the full test). Then, otherwise, Supine and Phlegmatic are the next strongest, and would represent the social and leadership skills (Basically, the INP and NF).
    So that would fit.
    I'll have to read into this later. I need to go for now. But you're onto something here. I totally don't relate to Supine. Then again I am a weird INFP. But yeah I'll be posting here later to get more into this and ask more questions.

I am a 9w8 sx/so/sp for enneagram. So the sexual instinct theory of yours makes sense.

Thanks.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)