Melancholy Strength:6 Weakness:4
    25%

Phlegmatic Strength:3 Weakness:6
    23%

Sanguine Strength:8 Weakness:3
    28%

Choleric Strength:3 Weakness:7
    25%
    Edit: I replied to the wrong thread. Whoops.

deleted

Melancholic 14
    Phlegmatic 10
    Choleric 9
    Supine 6
    Sanguine 5

I am here...

temperament.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

You did that with the image?
    There would be a problem if you came out Sanguine-Melancholy or Supine-Choleric, as those are opposite each other. A "secondary temperament" in the five temperament system would most likely lie in a separate matrix, with one representing social skills, and the other representing leadership skills. Interaction Style and Keirseyan temperament.
    You could have two separate dots on one map representing each.
    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    I think I broke it.. there's no way I'm this balanced
    Edit: I replied to the wrong thread. Whoops.
    You were thinking of this (which also ran until last year):
    temperament test and poll (Hippocrates)

According to the temperament/Interaction Styles model of Keirsey/Berens, ENFP would fit SanChlor, though I believe it is SanPhleg, and ENTP is SanChlor (Most other ENFP's and ENTP's do come out as those respective combinations).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Sanguine

Edit:
    Lol, I didn't read the directions and did the test the wrong way.
    I'll do it again, correctly this time.

Edit2:
    Sanguine it is
    Then comes
    Choleric
    Melancholy
    Supine
    Phlegmatic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I guess it would be interesting to see which individual "traits" of Choleric ENFP's (and other NF's for that matter) are choosing. The same with INTP's who come out Melancholy over Choleric. Since the scores are added by grading each trait from 1-5, it could be just a few traits scored high giving that temperament the edge. Yet some traits are shared by more than one. (Like Sanguine and Choleric are both "Outgoing" and "Optimistic" for instance).

BTW, there is a new site giving a lot of info on the original APS system (which this is based on): Temperaments.Info Welcome This is by a ministry offering the test, and this one even sells the manuals (Which I had thought were only available to NCCA counselors like my wife); wheras my pages were breakdowns of the concepts.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    You did that with the image?
    There would be a problem if you came out Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sanguine would be the bigger dot, because its not Melancholic-Sanguine. I thought the more important one goes first?

WOW! I am "Sanguine" -- that's EXACTLY right. Even when it comes to some embarrassing negatives.

Good test.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    I've just found where someone who also uses the five temperament theory I always talk about, has made up their own free version of the test. This is not the APS test (which is based on FIRO, and bound by a licensing agreement with CPP, Inc), but a simple self-scorer made by listing various traits of the temperaments, which you score 1-5, and see which you come out strongest in. In the real test, you would get a combination of three temperaments (possibly the same) for the areas of Inclusion, Control and Affection, as you can see in my signature. This test does not have that, so you're not getting the full deal of the theory. It is just to give a rough idea, like the kind of informal four temperament tests you can find online or in Tim LaHaye's books, but with the fifth temperament added. Also what I basically did with the MBTI subscales, to get the bar graph in my signature).
    So now you all can get an idea if you have any of this new temperament.

temperament test
    (Looks like you have to print it out)

(and they also have more information, plus an interactive flash graphic of them at [url=http://www.mindtweaks.com/wordpress/?p=885]Temperament Overview: The Nifty Interactive Graphic Version!

deleted

It always seems like the SJ is either choleric or melancholic, and NF is either choleric or melancholic.

SP Sanguine
    NT Phlegmatic

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Sanguine would be the bigger dot, because its not Melancholic-Sanguine. I thought the more important one goes first?
    Well, in that test, it would be the strongest. In the full five temperament system, I am assuming the first one likely represents social skills (or Interaction Style, basically), while the next strongest is leadership skills (corresponding to the conative "Keirseyan" groupings).

So you're saying you would have two dots for opposite temperaments? That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    WOW! I am "Sanguine" -- that's EXACTLY right. Even when it comes to some embarrassing negatives.

Good test.
    Yes, SP would be the Sanguine part of it. What was your next strongest temperament? Since you're ISF, I imagine it might be Phlegmatic or Supine, right?

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    It always seems like the SJ is either choleric or melancholic, and NF is either choleric or melancholic.

SP Sanguine
    NT Phlegmatic
    SJ fits Melancholic better, with the need for familiarity and stability. Choleric is more progressive than that. NF was dubbed Choleric only because of the "exciteability", but the NT's need for mastery and strategic skill set actually fits that better. The conative groups are leadership skills, while the "exciteable" aspect of Choleric is more the social skills of the In Charge groups (EST/ENJ). NT was called Phlegmatic because of its "impassive" coldness, but that's actually again, more Choleric in leadership or action. NF seems to be a combination of Supine and Phlegmatic (which get combined when reverting from a five temperament system to four temperaments). It has the "diplomatic" skills set of the Phlegmatic, while the Feeling energy comes from the Supine.

Type Ideas

deleted

I still don't believe the NF-NT matching (I think its the other way around). And supine to me is not a good definition of temperament. It's much too vague.