First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Those are not right though, after reading the descriptions of the temperaments, they don't only match SJ's or guardians.
    Each of the four SJ's is Melancholy (in Control), blended with wach of the Interaction Styles, or four temperaments in Inclusion. (Chart the Course-IST/INJ: Melancholy; Behind the Scenes-ISF/INP: Phlegmatic or Supine; Get Things Going-ESF/ENP: Sanguine; In Charge-EST/ENJ: Choleric. ISTJ-pure Melancholy, ISFJ- Phlegmatic Melancholy or Supine Melancholy, ESFJ- Sanguine Melancholy, ESTJ- Choleric Melancholy.

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    Thanks, Eric B. I tried your archetypes test, but it was too difficult for me (I've tried finding how my processes fit within the archetypes with little success -- it seems like a few processes can fit a single archetype).
    You could still post your responses. As you see with others who've posted their answers, we can still get good clues from which archetypes they match their functions with. One person assigned a single function to almost all of the shadow roles, and it turned out this was the "inferior" (aspirational/projective) process of her professed type, and it happens that many people will see their inferior playing all those negative roles. After all, in original four-process theory, the inferior WAS "the shadow" and the most negative ego function. So that was great evidence of her type.
    I had my mom answer the 5 temperaments test with me in mind, and here are the results:

Melancholy 68
    Phlegmatic 64
    Sanguine 63
    Supine 55
    Choleric 55

This is very interesting! I guess I'm not so Supine afterall! Rather, it would appear that I am either a MelPhleg (INFJ) or MelSang (ISTP). ISTP is what my professional MBTI test came up with and is one of the two best fit type profiles I identify with (the other is ISFP, although ask Jeffster -- he is SURE I am not ISFP).

Any thoughts?
    Well, I guess you're taking into consideration the Johari Window (how others see you, and perhaps even things that are unknown to yourself. With that kind of a test, it may even be better, since you are picking traits out of a chart (it's not getting inside the real you, psychometrically, and it's easy to avoid traits you don't like).

So MelSan and MelPhleg are very similar, both cognitively, as well as being Melancholy on the social level, and a concrete conative temperament. They are both what I call "aspective harmonicists" (Tandem names thread), using both Se/Ni and Fe/Ti (though in reversed order). ISFP also has the aspective perception, but is systemic in judgment (FiTe). Again, the Archetype test can still help sort out those, even if everything does not fall into proper place. In any case, it seems you lean unanimously towards aspective, so ISFJ (which is circumspective-Si/Ne) is most likely out.

TheJimbo

[Professed] Type: xNTP

Sanguine 52
    Choleric 51
    Melancholy 45
    Phlegmatic 42
    Supine 24

SanChlor, so you can fill that "x" with an E, and there, it matches!
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-17-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

I'd love a little help with this...

Choleric - 38
    Sanguine - 51
    Supine - 63
    Melancholy - 63 (Awesome... house number came up twice )
    Phlegmatic 65

This fits in perfectly with ISFJ, right?
    I'm not too certain because I get the impression I might be over-evaluating myself. Would there be a more accurate system?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah that fits pretty well. ISF can be either Supine or Phlegmatic, and SJ is Melancholy (The Phlegmatic and Melancholy part of that even agree with the established Keirsey/Berens model).

The most accurate version would be the APS itself (or basically, the FIRO-B). But those aren't free.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I didn't ask friends to rate it for me, but this is how I self-rated

Choleric - 40
    Phlegmatic - 57
    Melancholic - 63
    Sanguine - 13 (lol!)
    Supine - 46

Melancholic/Phlegmatic combo seems fairly accurate. (and to be honest, I don't think Supine should be as high as it is. Upon reading the Supine description, I don't think I'm terribly 'Supine-ish' )
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

beyondaurora

Supine 40
    Melancholy 38
    Sanguine 30
    Phlegmatic 27
    Choleric 12

I had my mom answer the 5 temperaments test with me in mind, and here are the results:

Melancholy 68
    Phlegmatic 64
    Sanguine 63
    Supine 55
    Choleric 55

I took the test again today (without looking at my old scores first):

Melancholy 56
    Sanguine 54
    Choleric 52
    Phlegmatic 52
    Supine 46

What was I smoking when I took the test the first time?! It's totally off compared to today's result and my mom's analysis of me.

Looks like ISTP (or ESFJ if we flip Melancholy and Sanguine).

Senior Member Valhallahereicome's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

Choleric - 50
    Melancholy - 49
    Sanguine - 43
    Phlegmatic - 37
    Supine - 27

Using their scoring, where you discard the 1s and 2s.

Not a surprise, since I'm so close to the borderline on all the MBTI functions.

What I can see in this test is that I would have been MUCH more melancholy when growing up. I was depressed most of the time as a kid and teenager, mainly because of my wretched home life. Since I moved out 4 years ago, I've been developing most of the "choleric" qualities and that part of me is getting stronger and stronger. I like it.

Didn't ask anyone to take this for me. I suspect that if I did, I'd be scoring a lot lower on melancholy because that's the part I hide from most people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    ISTJ Pure Melancholy (My family and several friends)
    ISFJ Phlegmatic*/Melancholy ("PhlegMel")
    INFJ Melancholy/Phlegmatic* ("MelPhleg")
    INTJ Melancholy/Choleric ("MelChlor")
    ISTP Melancholy/Sanguine ("MelSan")
    ISFP Phlegmatic*/Sanguine ("PhlegSan")
    INFP Pure Phlegmatic*
    INTP Phlegmatic*/Choleric ("PhlegChlor")
    ESTP Choleric/Sanguine ("ChlorSan")
    ESFP Pure Sanguine
    ENFP Sanguine/Phlegmatic* ("SanPhleg")
    ENTP Sanguine/Choleric ("SanChlor")
    ESTJ Choleric/Melancholy ("ChlorMel")
    ESFJ Sanguine/Melancholy ("SanMel")
    ENFJ Choleric/Phlegmatic* ("ChlorPhleg")
    ENTJ Pure Choleric
    Ahahaha, now I'm REALLY confused!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Interaction Style + Temperament.
    Since you emphasized ESTJ=Choleric/Melancholy in the quote, EST= the "Choleric" Interaction Style called "In Charge" (expressive, directive). SJ (Guardian or Stabilizer temperament) is Melancholy. While I dispute Keirsey/Berens on NT and NF, here on the S side, I am in total agreement with them. So according to Berens, ESTJ is a Choleric/Melancholy (even though she never comes out and calls it that directly).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

^^^Right... but my concern is that I generally test as an INFP, which is the farthest thing from an ESTJ.

Oh well, guess I'm versatile.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Oh, I didn't even notice your results for some reason. I saw the post I responded to, and the results were right before it.

Well, for one thing, you did say you were close to the borderline on all the MBTI functions. Also, INFP and ESTJ are actually the same thing in reverse, function wise (even though they SEEM furthest from each other on the surface). So maybe you're developing your Te now. Or maybe it was there, and you're more naturally an ESTJ but you were more reserved from being depressed from your earlier circumstances? (That actually seems more likely from the way you describe developing it so quickly after moving out).

Type Ideas