NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Melancholy: 67
    Sanguine: 49
    Supine: 46
    Phlegmatic: 39
    Choleric: 18

Currently I identify as INFJ but am willing to consider ISTP. I do have a strong drive for Seness (I love the potentials and possibilities suggested by hardware stores... oh my!), but lack the actual finesse when it comes to executing such tasks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    That seems reasonable.

Just to throw another wrench in the works, Phlegmatic was a fairly close second.
    That could also be a couple of things. Like being Introverted, plus Motive-focused (the mirror of "Informing", tying together the SP and NF). So then ITP's may at times seem both Melancholy and Phlegmatic.

Something like that that does not seem to fit Interaction Style (Inclusion) or the Keirsey (conative) temperament (Control) could also be the third area, Affection. (In fact, with the full five temperament theory, you could have 125 different "types" (combinations). Even more if you add in moderate blends, mentioned below). Affecion deals with deep personal relationship skills. IT does not seem to be directly covered in the 16 types, though it would fit closest into the Interaction Styles characteristics. Though in this theory, Inclusion and Affection temperaments can be completely different, further explaining variation in type.

Quote Originally Posted by MuraKoji View Post
    *look at the list*

Choleric/Phlegmatic, eh? I thought I was Choleric/Sanguine when I took the test in CatholicMatch, though I'm not Catholic.
    Those Catholic versions of the theory generally do not allow blending of "opposite" temperaments (Choleric with Phlegmatic; and Sanguine with Melancholy). So they only have 12 possible "types" (four pure types, and eight "blends"). This seemed to follow Kant, though Kant would also pair those opposites with his "Recognition of Beauty" scale; which became the forerunner of S/N with Sanguine and Melancholic both as S.
    So you had to come out as something that shared a common factor with Phlegmatic, and the closest was apparently Sanguine.

Quote Originally Posted by sciski View Post
    Melancholy: 67
    Sanguine: 49
    Supine: 46
    Phlegmatic: 39
    Choleric: 18

Currently I identify as INFJ but am willing to consider ISTP. I do have a strong drive for Seness (I love the potentials and possibilities suggested by hardware stores... oh my!), but lack the actual finesse when it comes to executing such tasks.
    You could be inbetween. Both of those types are Melancholy in Inclusion. One is Supine (or Phlegmatic) in Control, and the other is Sanguine in Control. Supine and Sanguine are next to each other, differing only in expressed behavior (Sanguine=high; Supine=low), Inbetween them are a pair of hybrid temperaments with moderate expressive behavior, called Phlegmatic Supine and Phlegmatic Sanguine. (They're considered part "Phlegmatic" because of the moderate expression. Could also explain Phlegmatic being next highest). If someone scores one of those in Control, they might teeter between both SP and NF.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    LOCK
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post

Those Catholic versions of the theory generally do not allow blending of "opposite" temperaments (Choleric with Phlegmatic; and Sanguine with Melancholy). So they only have 12 possible "types" (four pure types, and eight "blends"). This seemed to follow Kant, though Kant would also pair those opposites with his "Recognition of Beauty" scale; which became the forerunner of S/N with Sanguine and Melancholic both as S.
    So you had to come out as something that shared a common factor with Phlegmatic, and the closest was apparently Sanguine.
    Oh geez I don't know that, all I know just it's a theory.

And yeah maybe you're true. But I'm not as bubbly as sanguine or "patient" like phlegmatic.

MBTI
    yupp

chloreric-21
    phlegmatic-54
    melancholy-54
    sanguine-32
    supine-34
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

deleted

5 temperaments are a bit correlative to the 5 love languages.

I am Melcancholic with Choleric and Phlegmatic.

Definitely not Sanguine or Supine.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    chloreric-21
    phlegmatic-54
    melancholy-54
    sanguine-32
    supine-34
    I noticed an astounding phenomenon that INFPs are never ever cholerics

Anyway, the test is messy so I don't do it, but I'm choleric

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    5 temperaments are a bit correlative to the 5 love languages.
    Tell me about it

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Cool test! Just my own scores today, will try and get friends to do it for me:

Sanguine: 55
    Melancholy: 53
    Phlegmatic: 41
    Choleric: 36
    Supine: 27

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    These are the resultant correlations I would expect:

ISTP Melancholy/Sanguine ("MelSan")

This test is not the full one dividing between Inclusion and Control, so it might come out with the factors meshed together like that. They're still overall not too far, though.
    Seems like I fit well into your correlations. I've taken other temperment tests before. The most recent one scored me as Melancholy/Sanguine which seemed to fit me very well, actually. Even though they seem rather opposite when I read the descriptions- it's like I like to project Sanguine when inside Melancholy is more natural to me.

Though I also somehwat identify with Phlegmatic, it seems to be more of what I admire and how I would like others to see me than my actual expression. (But I guess that's what the friend-scoring is for).

What do "in Inclusion" and "in Control" mean?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

definitely Melancholy
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

beyondaurora

Supine 40
    Melancholy 38
    Sanguine 30
    Phlegmatic 27
    Choleric 12

Eric B - if you're around, I'd be extremely interested as to what type you think this correlates with.