User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Choleric-Phlegmatic
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

After reading into this more (reading what you've posted Eric B) I'd say that I'm a Phlegmatic mostly, and not a Melancholy main. I just don't really fit what you're describing about the Melancholy, I'm not shy and I don't have a "response delay". I'm just... moderate.

Are there any websites where we can read about these temperaments? I get the feeling that I'll fit Phlegmatic more.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    After reading into this more (reading what you've posted Eric B) I'd say that I'm a Phlegmatic mostly, and not a Melancholy main. I just don't really fit what you're describing about the Melancholy, I'm not shy and I don't have a "response delay". I'm just... moderate.

Are there any websites where we can read about these temperaments? I get the feeling that I'll fit Phlegmatic more.
    I hope he doesn't mind, but here's a link to his website: Temperament for Dummies

:P

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What does "reaction time" exactly mean in this sense? As a phlegmatic what would a "slow response" time mean?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Gah all of this is so unclear. I just cannot read that website, it's too disorganized... I still have no idea. lol I don't see anything specific that describes each temperament... just a bunch of paragraphs with a bunch of random crap in them. But from what I've read I fit Phlegmatic.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Right, that's what I would have thought.

It's pretty obvious that Choleric and Sanguine aren't a major part of my temperament. But I am curious as to why my Phlegmatic score is so high, and what that could indicate about me along with the other scores. I mean, what kind of unusual tendencies for my type and temperament could the high Phlegmatic score explain?

Sorry if I sound like I'm nitpicking. It just kind of stood out to me, because 5 more points and it would have tied with the other two.
    Sorry that I missed your question about the Phlegmatic this morning.
    That could mean several things. There are three areas in the full theory, the first two seeming to correspond well to Interaction Styles, and the Keirsey temperaments respectively. Since you have a third strong temperament, that could be the third area.
    Another possibility is that NF corresponds better to a combination of Supine and Phlegmatic. The pure Supine in the leadership area is very dependent, while the pure Phlegmatic has very low energy. Neither seems well represented in the temperament groups, but a combination called Supine Phlegmatic (or on FIRO, the "Checker") might be more of a match.
    Also, Phlegmatic is blended with the other temperaments as well, so your Melancholy (Chart the Course-INJ) could be blended with Phlegmatic as well. what that means is that you would either express or respond moderately. Expressing as a Phlegmatic is basically ambiversion. Responding as a Phlegmatic would mean that you are midway between Directing and Informing, but slightly on the directive side since it is blended with Melancholy.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I'll have to read into this later. I need to go for now. But you're onto something here. I totally don't relate to Supine. Then again I am a weird INFP. But yeah I'll be posting here later to get more into this and ask more questions.

I am a 9w8 sx/so/sp for enneagram. So the sexual instinct theory of yours makes sense.

Thanks.
    INFP can be either Supine or Phlegmatic or both.
    Also, one way to get an idea of the five temperaments is that they seem to correspond well to the Enneagram types:

5 Melancholy
    6 Supine
    7 Sanguine
    8 Choleric
    9 Phlegmatic
    1-4 seem to be moderate combinations

After reading into this more (reading what you've posted Eric B) I'd say that I'm a Phlegmatic mostly, and not a Melancholy main. I just don't really fit what you're describing about the Melancholy, I'm not shy
    That's good, as that makes it fit even more.
    and I don't have a "response delay". I'm just... moderate.
    What does "reaction time" exactly mean in this sense? As a phlegmatic what would a "slow response" time mean?
    [From Visitor Message]just not too clear on what "expression" and what "reacting" exactly means according to this theory along with the other stuff.
    Response-delay is simply the time it takes you to respond to something. Extraverts will have a shorter delay, and introverts will have a longer delay. Response-delay became known as "expressiveness". Extroverts tend to be more expressive, while introverts less so. Keep in mind that in the ancient theory, the Phlegmatic was considered an introvert, with a long delay. Hence, being slow like "phlegm". In five temperament theory, it is basically moderate or ambiverted, while Supine is low in expressiveness.

Response sustain is how long the person holds onto their reaction. Melancholies and Cholerics, for instance, will hold on to reactions such as anger, such that it often characterizes their temperament. Sanguines and Phlegmatics will get over reactions quicker, and thus generally come across as more friendly. (Since Sanguines will also get over pleasant reactions quickly as well, they seek constant stimulation).
    This also became known as responsiveness (not "reaction", though it deals with reactions). Sanguines and Phlegmatics tend to be more responsive to people, and Melancholies and Cholerics less so, as they are more focused on tasks. So this also is people vs task orientation. It also corresponds in the Interaction Styles model as directing vs informing. Those with longer sustain will tend to direct, while those with shorter sustain will tend to inform. It can also loosely match "Neuroticism", but in the FFM it is actually a closer match to Agreeableness.
    Again, in five temperament theory, the Phlegmatic is moderate in the scale, while Supine is high.

So the way the two factors come down in this theory, expressive behavior is how we approach people and responsive behavior is how much we "want" people to approach us.

Gah all of this is so unclear. I just cannot read that website, it's too disorganized... I still have no idea. lol I don't see anything specific that describes each temperament... just a bunch of paragraphs with a bunch of random crap in them. But from what I've read I fit Phlegmatic.
    :ouch: Well, gee, I tried to lay it out from scratch, building up the theory beginning with the two factors, and how they make up the temperaments.

I did briefly describe the original four temperaments, (figuring they were already known) and then went into a more lengthy discussion of the new temperament. There's also the interactive graphic, from the same guys who did this test we are using here.

Just curious; how would you suggest the page be better organized?
    I have come to realize it may be too wordy and technical for many people, so nowadays, I tend to point people to this new site set up by a ministry that offers the full five temperament test (And I did link to it at the bottom):

Temperaments.Info Welcome
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

your resident asshole

The link to the test on your website is broken.

http://www.intrinsys.org/aps.html

It doesn't work. :/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

That was an older site. The one I have just linked to above has much more information, and you can also order the test (this is the full, non-free one, be advised).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    That was an older site. The one I have just linked to above has much more information, and you can also order the test (this is the full, non-free one, be advised).
    You should also note that not only does it cost money, it's also Christian-exclusive. So it's really not even worth a look for us agnostics.