User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I found the absurdity of many of those photos delightful! Forget being bothered by it; a smile was brought to my face.
    The only thing that bugs me is tile patterns that don't align & poorly sliced food. But the rest is almost fantastic.

I am absolutely a perfectionist though, but in a very different way.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I found the absurdity of many of those photos delightful! Forget being bothered by it; a smile was brought to my face.
    The only thing that bugs me is tile patterns that don't align & poorly sliced food. But the rest is almost fantastic.

I am absolutely a perfectionist though, but in a very different way.
    I showed this to one of my friends last week (knowing they would have this sort of response) and they said the same as you, they found the absurdity/error of many of these delightful. I find it a bit hard to wrap my brain around. I mean, I get it, but nearly all of these bother me. I love absurdity, it's my primary form of humor and style of art that I am drawn to, but this is sort of, well, not ok absurdity. Essentially, these things are wrong. They aren't supposed to be this way in the environment their in and it breaks harmony. It's not "designated" to be absurd. It could be and the photo loses context, but I didn't assume that. It was one of the points of discussion we had too, was what counts as "designated". To my dismay I couldn't well define it, as I see it as one of those "it's self evident" kind of things. As an example, during a game there could be certain levels of absurdity that are there because it's "permitted" by the conditions of the game. Or a music video that is just really weird and bizzare, such as this (the stranger the better). In a way, absurdity needs to have organization for me to enjoy it.

The kind of stuff in this little quiz thingy sticks to one of my areas of perfectionism; things (which often include objects) need to be "right". If not, I have fits.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I love how perfectionism is "generally" viewed as a positive trait by corporate/business America. Results matter.

I hate how the reality is quite different. It's very much a defect imo.

I acknowledge that I'm a perfectionist at times, to my detriment often. My inner realist does battle with perfectionism all the time. Fortunately, of late, my inner realist wins
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I showed this to one of my friends last week (knowing they would have this sort of response) and they said the same as you, they found the absurdity/error of many of these delightful. I find it a bit hard to wrap my brain around. I mean, I get it, but nearly all of these bother me. I love absurdity, it's my primary form of humor and style of art that I am drawn to, but this is sort of, well, not ok absurdity. Essentially, these things are wrong. They aren't supposed to be this way in the environment their in and it breaks harmony. It's not "designated" to be absurd. It could be and the photo loses context, but I didn't assume that. It was one of the points of discussion we had too, was what counts as "designated". To my dismay I couldn't well define it, as I see it as one of those "it's self evident" kind of things. As an example, during a game there could be certain levels of absurdity that are there because it's "permitted" by the conditions of the game. Or a music video that is just really weird and bizzare, such as this (the stranger the better). In a way, absurdity needs to have organization for me to enjoy it.

The kind of stuff in this little quiz thingy sticks to one of my areas of perfectionism; things (which often include objects) need to be "right". If not, I have fits.
    I guess to me, in the grand scheme of life, a package of pencils just doesn't register as anything to care about.
    There is also a stupidness about it that is funny. I think when absurdities aren't contrived, but truly arise from some irrational, nonsensical place, then they register as funnier to me. I don't mind contrived absurdities either (which is what your preference sounds like; something intended to be absurd, instead of a "mistake"), but the uncontrived yet insignificant ones have the added appeal of stupidity to them.

But because I rather like tile as an art almost, my aesthetic sensibilities are offended there. And I've always disdained broken cookies as unworthy of my consumption; the soul child of the 4 is the 1, after all .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I guess to me, in the grand scheme of life, a package of pencils just doesn't register as anything to care about.
    There is also a stupidness about it that is funny. I think when absurdities aren't contrived, but truly arise from some irrational, nonsensical place, then they register as funnier to me. I don't mind contrived absurdities either (which is what your preference sounds like; something intended to be absurd, instead of a "mistake"), but the uncontrived yet insignificant ones have the added appeal of stupidity to them.

But because I rather like tile as an art almost, my aesthetic sensibilities are offended there. And I've always disdained broken cookies as unworthy of my consumption; the soul child of the 4 is the 1, after all .
    That's what I thought too. Some of them were just funny, like the pizza one. I don't care if cookies are broken or not when I eat them. The tile patterns generally don't bother me if they are not in my house. If they are in my house, it would drive me nuts to have a missing or misplaced tile.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne