• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Perfectionistic Are You?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You checked off 37 out of 54 on this list!

You are such a perfectionist that everything subpar irritates you. If it were up to you, the world would be a calm and ordered place.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing irritated me, except for maybe the picture of the sausages, they looked unappealing.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
6/54

I notice the flaws in things but they don't particularly bother me if I don't have to keep looking at them.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
15/54

I thought some of them were a cool way to turn things around and think outside the box - like an artistic statement of sort :laugh:

Yeah, this is why I wasn't 'annoyed' with bulk of them. And maybe I'm extra tired so don't have energy to be annoyed. :laugh:

I got 6.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
3/54

Most of them amused me or struck me as being works of art. 4 annoyed me because it was trying too hard, 8 because it's ugly, and 44 because it looks horrendous.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You checked off 4 out of 54 on this list!
You’re pretty zen, aren’t you? Well done: You are a very calm human being. :dry:
It took me a lot of time to notice what should be wrong in many pictures... seriously does anyone really care about such meaningless things as square of different color? :dry:

Control freaks

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found the absurdity of many of those photos delightful! Forget being bothered by it; a smile was brought to my face.
The only thing that bugs me is tile patterns that don't align & poorly sliced food. But the rest is almost fantastic.

I am absolutely a perfectionist though, but in a very different way.

á´…eparted

passages
I found the absurdity of many of those photos delightful! Forget being bothered by it; a smile was brought to my face.
The only thing that bugs me is tile patterns that don't align & poorly sliced food. But the rest is almost fantastic.

I am absolutely a perfectionist though, but in a very different way.

I showed this to one of my friends last week (knowing they would have this sort of response) and they said the same as you, they found the absurdity/error of many of these delightful. I find it a bit hard to wrap my brain around. I mean, I get it, but nearly all of these bother me. I love absurdity, it's my primary form of humor and style of art that I am drawn to, but this is sort of, well, not ok absurdity. Essentially, these things are wrong. They aren't supposed to be this way in the environment their in and it breaks harmony. It's not "designated" to be absurd. It could be and the photo loses context, but I didn't assume that. It was one of the points of discussion we had too, was what counts as "designated". To my dismay I couldn't well define it, as I see it as one of those "it's self evident" kind of things. As an example, during a game there could be certain levels of absurdity that are there because it's "permitted" by the conditions of the game. Or a music video that is just really weird and bizzare, such as this (the stranger the better). In a way, absurdity needs to have organization for me to enjoy it.

The kind of stuff in this little quiz thingy sticks to one of my areas of perfectionism; things (which often include objects) need to be "right". If not, I have fits.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love how perfectionism is "generally" viewed as a positive trait by corporate/business America. Results matter.

I hate how the reality is quite different. It's very much a defect imo.

I acknowledge that I'm a perfectionist at times, to my detriment often. My inner realist does battle with perfectionism all the time. Fortunately, of late, my inner realist wins :)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I showed this to one of my friends last week (knowing they would have this sort of response) and they said the same as you, they found the absurdity/error of many of these delightful. I find it a bit hard to wrap my brain around. I mean, I get it, but nearly all of these bother me. I love absurdity, it's my primary form of humor and style of art that I am drawn to, but this is sort of, well, not ok absurdity. Essentially, these things are wrong. They aren't supposed to be this way in the environment their in and it breaks harmony. It's not "designated" to be absurd. It could be and the photo loses context, but I didn't assume that. It was one of the points of discussion we had too, was what counts as "designated". To my dismay I couldn't well define it, as I see it as one of those "it's self evident" kind of things. As an example, during a game there could be certain levels of absurdity that are there because it's "permitted" by the conditions of the game. Or a music video that is just really weird and bizzare, such as this (the stranger the better). In a way, absurdity needs to have organization for me to enjoy it.

The kind of stuff in this little quiz thingy sticks to one of my areas of perfectionism; things (which often include objects) need to be "right". If not, I have fits.

I guess to me, in the grand scheme of life, a package of pencils just doesn't register as anything to care about.
There is also a stupidness about it that is funny. I think when absurdities aren't contrived, but truly arise from some irrational, nonsensical place, then they register as funnier to me. I don't mind contrived absurdities either (which is what your preference sounds like; something intended to be absurd, instead of a "mistake"), but the uncontrived yet insignificant ones have the added appeal of stupidity to them.

But because I rather like tile as an art almost, my aesthetic sensibilities are offended there. And I've always disdained broken cookies as unworthy of my consumption; the soul child of the 4 is the 1, after all ;).

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess to me, in the grand scheme of life, a package of pencils just doesn't register as anything to care about.
There is also a stupidness about it that is funny. I think when absurdities aren't contrived, but truly arise from some irrational, nonsensical place, then they register as funnier to me. I don't mind contrived absurdities either (which is what your preference sounds like; something intended to be absurd, instead of a "mistake"), but the uncontrived yet insignificant ones have the added appeal of stupidity to them.

But because I rather like tile as an art almost, my aesthetic sensibilities are offended there. And I've always disdained broken cookies as unworthy of my consumption; the soul child of the 4 is the 1, after all ;).

That's what I thought too. Some of them were just funny, like the pizza one. I don't care if cookies are broken or not when I eat them. The tile patterns generally don't bother me if they are not in my house. If they are in my house, it would drive me nuts to have a missing or misplaced tile.