• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would you have been a Nazi

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Once again, the best of the best (INTP) leads the way (copied from INTPc):

Your Score: The Resistance

Achtung! You are 38% brainwashworthy, 22% antitolerant, and 42% blindly patriotic

Welcome to the Resistance (Der Widerstand)! You believe in freedom, justice, equality, and your country, and you can't be converted to the the dark side.

Breakdown: your Blind Patriotism levels are borderline unhealthy, but you show such a love of people from everywhere and a natural resistance to brainwashing, you would probably focus your energy to fight the Fuehrer with furor, so to speak.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would have taken up ARMS against the oppressors. Or even your friends' oppressors. Congratulations!

Less than 5% of all test takers earn a spot in the Resistance!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pffffft, nahhh, if you do not like what is going on in your country, you need to leave. No point in talking trash about the place where you are born and sabotaging it. If you do not feel comfy, you need to find a place where you do.

And that is what I did. And that is what I tested. So thankfully, I live what I think and believe. :party2:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
They should have weighed "blindly patriotic" and "brainwashworthy" more harshly than they did antitolerant, which seems to get a bad rap. Suppose I am intolerant of Nazi incursions into my private life? Why does that make me a swine? In general, tolerance is a neutral value too often given a good rep. Yeah, you're soooo tolerant. but of what?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
They should have weighed "blindly patriotic" and "brainwashworthy" more harshly than they did antitolerant, which seems to get a bad rap. Suppose I am intolerant of Nazi incursions into my private life?

My thinking exactly.

I know I have very low tolerance for crap.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 38% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 24% blindly patriotic

NoahFence

MBTI Type
INTP
The Test said:
Your president/prime minister/despot/whatever makes a budget. In it, he or she allocates $4 billion to top-secret defense initiatives. How does this make you feel?

My answer: Safer

Only $4 billion?? Whew!!! They're scaling back!

Oh, and I'm Expatriate, for the record. But this test really lacked the flavor of being faced with the honest-for-real possibility of one of the nastiest countries on the planet just taking over. If I saw Nazi Germany rising, and the sinking of so many ships off American soil, I probably would have fought. Running isn't really always an option.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pffffft, nahhh, if you do not like what is going on in your country, you need to leave. No point in talking trash about the place where you are born and sabotaging it. If you do not feel comfy, you need to find a place where you do.

And that is what I did. And that is what I tested. So thankfully, I live what I think and believe.
I love my country and want to make it better in the long run, not abandon it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 8% brainwashworthy, 14% antitolerant, and 29% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The patriots in Germany left the country or subverted the Nazis. I am sure you would have done either or both. :hug:

:huh: I genuinely am not that patriotic!

:laugh:

Countries shift, fight and are boring... land, people and cultures are interesting. If I think my country is being an asshole I'm not going to support it. I like travel anyways. :)

WobblyStilettos

MBTI Type
INFP
The Everyday German
Achtung! You are 54% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 14% blindly patriotic

Had you lived in Germany in the 1930s, you'd have probably just gone along with the flow. Men with guns are surrounding the house next door? The bagel place on the corner's gone? Hmm...whatever.

The data show you're a decent person who's willing to listen to what people of authority tell you. That's what most people are, and in most times and most places, that's ok. But not then; not there.

The sad conclusion: you would've missed your Jewish friends, but you would've done nothing about it. Seriously. But rest assured, you would've forgiven yourself eventually.

Humph. I still reckon I would have done something and refuse to admit otherwise :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Everyday German
Achtung! You are 46% brainwashworthy, 23% antitolerant, and 24% blindly patriotic

Ditto the rest of it for that type.

This is from being "indifferent" on several questions. But the political climate I think of when answering those questions is very different from back then in Germany. I wouln't have been indifferent if I saw something that evil and powerful arising right in front of me.

heart

heart on fire
The Expatriate
Achtung! You are 15% brainwashworthy, 36% antitolerant, and 19% blindly patriotic

Congratulations! You are not susceptible to brainwashing, your values and cares extend beyond the borders of your own country, and your Blind Patriotism does not reach unhealthy levels. If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

heart

heart on fire
I love my country and want to make it better in the long run, not abandon it.

Yes, correct. People should admit what's going on then stand and fight evil not run away.

If all people who saw the truth about the evil around them felt this way, the whole world would go to the dogs. All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing to stop the evil. Passiveness in the face of evil causes far more harm than those who actually do evil.

Didums

The Expatriate
Achtung! You are 23% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 24% blindly patriotic
If you had been German in the 30s, you would've left the country.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
The Expatriate

Achtung! You are 38% brainwashworthy, 32% antitolerant, and 33% blindly patriotic

lol

im korean american too.

im glad germany supports a united korea. ^_^

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
The Expatriate
Achtung! You are 31% brainwashworthy, 27% antitolerant, and 24% blindly patriotic

One bad scenario -- as I hypothetically project you back in time -- is that you just wouldn't have cared one way or the other about Nazism. Maybe politics don't interest you enough. But the fact that you took this test means they probably do. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you know that many of the smartest Germans departed prior to the beginning of World War II, because they knew some evil shit was brewing? Brain Drain. Many of them were scientists. It is very possible you could have been one of them.

Conclusion: born and raised in Germany in the early 1930's, you would not have been a Nazi.

Yay! Those are kinda high percentages though... :unsure: