User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 24

  1. #1
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default Political views test (Left - Right scale)

    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  2. #2
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

    And for the record, I am a liberal (of the Elizabeth Warren vein).

    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  3. #3
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

    And for the record, I am a liberal (of the Elizabeth Warren vein).
    The questions are pretty transparent It's liberal vs. conservative. If you got right-wing than you're likely conservative.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  4. #4
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Mildly right-wing.

    I agree with Hard, test sucks.

  5. #5
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    The questions are pretty transparent It's liberal vs. conservative. If you got right-wing than you're likely conservative.
    No. These are stereotypes and would not be consistent. Your political position is determined by your actual political views on policies, candidates, etc. and that is what political position is based on. Not some abstract metric that may or may not relate to politics. I have never voted for a conservative candidate in my life, and hold very few conservative views.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  6. #6
    Almöhi Stephano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp
    Posts
    1,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    No. These are stereotypes and would not be consistent. Your political position is determined by your actual political views on policies, candidates, etc. and that is what political position is based on. Not some abstract metric that may or may not relate to politics. I have never voted for a conservative candidate in my life, and hold very few conservative views.
    I admit that the questions with the monkey meat and the purple carrots are not very well chosen, but the rest seems ok to me. I wouldn't take it serious, though. The test only indicates your preferred way of living (individuality vs collectivism) and assumptions one's political views based on that.
    You may be a little conservative in your lifestyle, but not in your political views.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

  7. #7
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I admit that the questions with the monkey meat and the purple carrots are not very well chosen, but the rest seems ok to me. I wouldn't take it serious, though. The test only indicates your preferred way of living (individuality vs collectivism) and assumptions one's political views based on that.
    You may be a little conservative in your lifestyle, but not in your political views.
    Ok, this is a fair statement.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #8
    LadyLazarus
    Guest

    Default

    Mildly-Left wing.

    Damn monkey meat, keeping me from scoring higher on the liberal side.

  9. #9
    Senior Member statuesquechica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

    And for the record, I am a liberal (of the Elizabeth Warren vein).
    I agree with all of the above
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

    Joni Mitchell

  10. #10
    hypersane Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This test is horrible! It's assuming your political leanings are based off (REALLY bad) stereotypes, and it's binary at that. Rubbish. It doesn't even ask you any political questions.

    And for the record, I am a liberal (of the Elizabeth Warren vein).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Mildly right-wing.

    I agree with Hard, test sucks.
    Political views are for the most part hardwired, and the parts of the brain that makes you lean either way also influence personality traits like openness to experience, preference for structure and order, being punishing rather than forgiving etc etc. (This article explains more and links to studies). The test doesn't say "This is what you are", it says "Based on your lifestyle, social scientists predict that your political views are [X]". It makes a guess. Political leanings can be accurately predicted to a very large degree by either observing lifestyle choices or doing brainscans (according to the article, brain scans accurately predict political preferences 83% of the time).

    That being said, I got solidly left wing.

Similar Threads

  1. Political Compass Test
    By Kiddo in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 245
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM
  2. Typology and Left-Right Sidedness
    By Alwar in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 04:42 PM
  3. Left, Right or Middle brained?
    By EcK in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM
  4. What are your political views?
    By Dufresne in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 08:08 AM
  5. Political Compass Test
    By Meursault in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO