INTJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

*Refuses to take perfect set up for one liner*

Mom, if you don't want to break your filter, quit setting up smutty jokes!!

Anyhow.. my results
    Calm
    Response when issues/conflicts first arise.

11 Collaborating
    9 Compromising
    9 Forcing
    8 Avoiding
    6 Accommodating

Storm
    Response after the issues/conflicts have been unresolved an have grown in intensity.

11 Avoiding
    10 Compromising
    9 Accommodating
    7 Collaborating
    6 Forcing

Now, to cross threads for a moment, let's see them make ENTP out of THAT lot!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Uh, actually, Collaborating would be the Sanguine (high in both scales) and would correspond to Get Things Going (ENP). And Sanguines would become "avoiding" if there was no resolution; as they don't like conflict. Considering that your FIRO Inclusion score was fairly high in both scales ("People Gatherer") and then all the stuff people were pointing out in the Mistype thread ("bouncing around"; forget the term they were using); from all sides, ENTP does look like a better fit.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Uh, actually, Collaborating would be the Sanguine (high in both scales) and would correspond to Get Things Going (ENP). Considering that your FIRO Inclusion score was fairly high in both scales ("People Gatherer") and then all the stuff people were pointing out in the Mistype thread ("bouncing around"; forget the term they were using); from all sides, ENTP does look like a better fit.
    Not you too!!

The whole inclusion side was further modified after my father observed my behaviour around people. The side note was that I'm inclusive of people I like, the rest I'm not overly bothered about.

Having mused over that addendum I tend to agree. If I like someone then I will go out of my way to include them and keep them happy. If I'm not bothered or don't like them then they are accorded similar amounts of courtesy.

I'm thinking that people tend to mistype me online because I'm here to have a bit of fun and to enjoy the interaction. When I'm not enjoying it or not bothered, I don't turn up. It's that simple. Hence the regular absences.

Seriously though... INTP 4 eva!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, sorry; but it seems these tests, plus others observation, is suggesting a higher level of "expressiveness", which would lend to extraversion.

In Inclusion, you were just right and above center, which would imply that you are a little more than moderately expressive, and also a little more than moderately responsive (wanting of people), so what you say would make sense. You can basically take people or leave them (like the Phlegmatic or INP), but you have people you like and will be more expressive to.

I/E is the least important as to who we really are, and this is better than the way you and others keep making me an F.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Well, sorry; but it seems these tests, plus others observation, is suggesting a higher level of "expressiveness", which would lend to extraversion.

In Inclusion, you were just right and above center, which would imply that you are a little more than moderately expressive, and also a little more than moderately responsive (wanting of people), so what you say would make sense. You can basically take people or leave them (like the Phlegmatic or INP), but you have people you like and will be more expressive to.

I/E is the least important as to who we really are, and this is better than the way you and others keep making me an F.
    It's not about which letter is important though.. it's about the type itself. If I'm an ENTP then the work I will have undertaken to improve myself will have been wasted!

Besides I'd not mind being an INFP. I see fewer and fewer differences between them the more I get to know people.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    *Refuses to take perfect set up for one liner*

Mom, if you don't want to break your filter, quit setting up smutty jokes!!

Anyhow.. my results
    Calm
    Response when issues/conflicts first arise.

11 Collaborating
    9 Compromising
    9 Forcing
    8 Avoiding
    6 Accommodating

Storm
    Response after the issues/conflicts have been unresolved an have grown in intensity.

11 Avoiding
    10 Compromising
    9 Accommodating
    7 Collaborating
    6 Forcing

Now, to cross threads for a moment, let's see them make ENTP out of THAT lot!
    When did you become an ENTP?!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

A lot of people were suggesting it on the "Mistyped Members" thread.
    It's not about which letter is important though.. it's about the type itself. If I'm an ENTP then the work I will have undertaken to improve myself will have been wasted!

Besides I'd not mind being an INFP. I see fewer and fewer differences between them the more I get to know people.
    The cognitive dynamics of types differing only by E or I is very close, as they have the same preferences, only each pair being reversed. Change T/F, now, you're bringing Fi out of the bottom of the shadow and making it dominant, and sending Ti down into the depths. This would probably be less of a drastic change if you held pure Keirseyan temperament theory, which uses the letters apart from the functions.

So the principles for self-improvement for I vs E types are probably not all that different either. Probably just stuff like how an extravert can tone down, instead of how an introvert can become more assertive. But you're still pretty close to moderate, so that should not be a problem, as you're most likely well rounded. (You did seem upfront more introverted to me, and with the classic Phlegmatic "wry humor". I was surprised you would come up on the "expressive side" in either FIRO or TKI).

Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    When did you become an ENTP?!
    It's a theory that's being thrashed out. Apparently I "sound" like an ENTP cause I skip around too much in my thinking.
    The cognitive dynamics of types differing only by E or I is very close, as they have the same preferences, only each pair being reversed. Change T/F, now, you're bringing Fi out of the bottom of the shadow and making it dominant, and sending Ti down into the depths. This would probably be less of a drastic change if you held pure Keirseyan temperament theory, which uses the letters apart from the functions.

So the principles for self-improvement for I vs E types are probably not all that different either. Probably just stuff like how an extravert can tone down, instead of how an introvert can become more assertive. But you're still pretty close to moderate, so that should not be a problem, as you're most likely well rounded. (You did seem upfront more introverted to me, and with the classic Phlegmatic "wry humor". I was surprised you would come up on the "expressive side" in either FIRO or TKI).
    I keep getting the sense from you that you get too tied up in the whole "science" of the function order and all the intricacies. I still pick up an F vibe from you... in fact aren't your results in your signature more F slanted?

Going back to topic.. do I rate as a 9 then or has that changed too?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I keep getting the sense from you that you get too tied up in the whole "science" of the function order and all the intricacies. I still pick up an F vibe from you...
    Well the intricacies and stuff are the Ti. If you're picking up F, maybe it's the inferior Fe? You said somethng aout the way I am in e-mails. Since it is relating to another, that would be more Fe. It would have to be Fi in order for me to be an NFP type, and I don't see how you would be picking that up in anything I've written.
    in fact aren't your results in your signature more F slanted?
    No; that shows more precisely where I have F leanings (in two out of the five T/F subscales), and that I still overall am more T. So again, that is most likely what you are picking up.

Going back to topic.. do I rate as a 9 then or has that changed too?
    Could be. I would think that 9, since it's so Phlegmatic, would be more moderate, and not as introverted as the 5, which many of us are coming out as. So that could cover your moderate to high expressive behavior as the other tests are picking up.

Type Ideas