• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How Well Can You Read Emotions?

summerdaze

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
SCORE:26/36

Understanding Your Score
The average score for this test is in the range of 22 to 30 correct responses. If you scored above 30, you may be quite good at understanding someone’s mental state based on facial cues. If you scored below 22, you may find it difficult to understand a person’s mental state based on their appearance.

Well shoot. The new-new cog functions test just told me I'm a robot with no Fe ability. Guess it's not as bad as all that...

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
32/36

Messed up the first one because, somehow, for some stupid reason, I wasn't quite sure what it was asking for. After that, the answers mostly seemed obvious. I hesitated on a select few. Apparently I didn't hesitate enough on some of them.

:shrug:
based on an assessment tool developed by University of Cambridge professor Simon Baron-Cohen.
This guy is also required reading.

Well, not required. But neat anyway.

Pinker85

Ugh below average ... I have a really hard time reading negative facial expressions, like I didn't get any of those right, tending to default on those as irritated. But I am fairly good at the sexual ones and the ones having to do with being interested and curious. I'm genuinely not that nuanced emotionally, like really, as far as I can tell I'm very ... Simple. So maybe that's why I had difficulty.

Also supposedly I have AS. Or I was diagnosed as having it. But I don't agree.

Also!! Also!! I'm good at pretending I know what you feel ... That has to count for something!!

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There should be a test for "How well can you read emoticons?"

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
21/36 I would've done worse if it weren't for the multiple choice...

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
28/36

I got the first 18 or so right and then bombed 6 in a row before finally getting it together closer to the end.

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
34/36. Not too shabby, I guess.

I found most of them really easy. When I hesitated, I tried to recreate the different possibilities in my head and then match them to the picture, worked well. I guess it helps that I experience a lot of intense moods, even though I don't like letting them into my reasoning process.

It's funny, on other "emotional quotient" quizzes (series of verbal questions) I get an extremely low score, but I seriously think those quizzes conflate "not understanding others' emotions" and "not caring about others' emotions."