In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Addendum: I found it slightly creepy that the pictures of women got most of the "sexy" emotions. Seems like it could have been a little more balanced.
    Agreed.

Emotions are like ripples and waves in the water, they are constantly interacting and flicking around, very seldom in one steady state for very long or in isolation from each other as these tests imply. At least this test is a bit better than that other redonkulous one where the people are just acting facial expressions and not feeling them interiorly. I think historically I have disagreed with 3 or 4 of them on this test - the inner emanation does not match the external expression to the extent the captions imply.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

26/36

MBTI
    INFJ

36/36

I score well on these tests, but I think it's because it's multiple choice.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

32/36

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

32/36

I got these ones wrong (by order of toughest to least):

Quote Originally Posted by windoverlake View Post
    I score well on these tests, but I think it's because it's multiple choice.
    Lol, I honestly suspect my own score is due to that reason. From constant practice, my ability to read non-verbal cues is fairly standard. I know a great deal of individuals who are far superior readers of non-verbal emotional cues than I am.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

This test was inspired by the work of Borat's cousin. I'm not joking. (Edit: Curses, @Doktorin Zylinder, for beating me to the punch on this factoid. )
    21/36

I'm not surprised. I don't find this stuff "obvious" and I never have. If I ask someone a question about a social situation, and they scoff at me and tell me that it's "obvious" the only thing that this will do is piss me off. Saying that it's "obvious" doesn't help people who find this difficult, and I consider people who proudly respond in such a fashion, to be, at best, ignorant, and at worst, pricks. From where I sit, they're the arrogant insensitive ones. I don't think highly of that sort of person at all, unless they show signs that they care about being less ignorant in the future. If they're too proud to do that and become more informed, their opinion of me is none of my concern. I do myself a disservice by trying to pander to individuals who persist in their dogmatic assertion that their way of seeing the world is the only correct one.

I did better on a lot of the ones with female subjects, though. I tended to screw up more with the males; for some reason, I found them harder to read.

The article it linked to is worth a read, and suggests something that might actually work for someone like me:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/1...-read-chekhov/

If someone responds to me with practical advice, that I would be ok with. Merely telling me that I need to learn how to grasp the obvious does nothing for me. I also wonder why people who are so socially skilled are spending so much of their time on the internet.

People who proudly bully the sort of people that would score low on this test, and then suddenly expect everyone to care about whatever issues they are dealing with, are the worst sort of people, if you ask me. I feel no guilt about feeling contempt for them. They deserve it. If they suddenly come around or show signs of having changed their mind, I will leave it in the past, but until that happens, I have no respect for them. Whatever cool toys they might have acquired or whatever kind of lifestyle they are leading will make no difference.

What gets someone respect from me is the way they act. Nothing else matters. I don't demand that everyone act like me, think what I think or want what I want; I just expect them to act decently while allowing for the possibility that good people can make mistakes. I'll befriend people who either have an open-mind, or eventually acquire one. Otherwise, I'll be watching them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Lol, I honestly suspect my own score is due to that reason. From constant practice, my ability to read non-verbal cues is fairly standard. I know a great deal of individuals who are far superior readers of non-verbal emotional cues than I am.
    I think it is practise, even for people who are really good at reading non-verbal cues. It's ultimately a form of pattern-seeking. The look in the eyes gives out a vibe, and once you get the hang of discerning what that might be (especially with the multiple choice options) you can then imagine the rest of the face. Maybe that's what readers of non-verbal cues are doing: they use the look in the eyes to determine how the rest of the face looks.