• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which philosopher are you? [quiz]

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Found this test good and it's really short (only 12 questions).

http://www.gotoquiz.com/cat/philosophy-quizzes.html

Your Result: W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

90%
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does.

And what are their types?
Aristotle: xNTJ

Plato: INFJ

Kant: INTP

Nietzsche: INTJ

Wittgenstein INFJ

Camus: INFx

Sartre: INTJ
Quine: INTP?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Which philosopher are you?
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does.

--This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.
Result Breakdown:
85% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
53% Aristotle
51% Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
48% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
36% Nietzsche
23% Immanuel Kant
0% Plato (strict rationalists)

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

though some of the options for certain questions, i didn't agree with any of them, so i picked the one that was the closest

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

79%
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does. --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.
76%Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
50%Nietzsche
50%Aristotle
46%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
21%Immanuel Kant
0%Plato (strict rationalists)

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Shit, I got Plato when I expected Nietzsche.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3

90%

There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is dependant on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does. --
This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, I retook it because that doesn't really align with my beliefs. The questions' wordings made me dither.

Your Result: Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
88%
The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

65%Aristotle
60%Plato (strict rationalists)
40%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
40%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
38%Nietzsche
24%Immanuel Kant

^ That's a little closer. I hold this weird contradiction in my head, believing in objective truth, but at the same time believing we're bound by perspective and neuronal circuitry in one way or another.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Okay, I retook it because that doesn't really align with my beliefs. The questions' wordings made me dither.

Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

^ That's a little closer. I hold this weird contradiction in my head, believing in objective truth, but at the same time believing we're bound by perspective and neuronal circuitry in one way or another.

Existentialism was my second one. I have to say that Wittgenstein isn't my most favorite philosopher and I think I lean more towards Sartre and Schopenhauer, but Nietzsche is too hardcore for me.

idkman24

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Satre/Camus (Late Existentialists) 74%
The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world. (see Nietzsche for very closely tied beliefs)

W.v.O Quine/Late Wittgenstein 59%
Early Wittgenstein/Positivists 51%
Nietzsche 47%
Immanuel Kant 32%
Aristotle 31%
Plato (strict rationalists) 16%

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

81%

56%Nietzsche

48%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

39%Aristotle

36%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

32%Immanuel Kant

9%Plato (strict rationalists)

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Your Result: Aristotle 88%
Truth does not exist in some transcendent realm. We get to truth by applying reason to the physical world. The world follows logic and commonsense. Science if done properly is not to far from philosophy.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your Result: Plato (strict rationalists)

81%
There is a transcendent, absolute truth. We can get to this truth by pure reason, in the form of dialectic. Everyone wants truth. Truth is virtue, is happiness. Your philosophy might boil down to: You are right and those who disagree with you are wrong. (Note that there are many different conflicting interpretations of Plato's writings.) --This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.

69%Aristotle

62%Immanuel Kant

50%Early Wittgenstein / Positivists

40%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

34%Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)

31%Nietzsche

Beorn

Permabanned
Plato 88%

"We read Plato because he's smarter than us. And we read him to spurn the tyranny of the contemporary." -James K.A. Smith

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your Result: Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
The ambiguity of language is the cause for most (if not all) philosophical problems. If we could get a purely objective language all philosophical problems would be solved. Q.E.D.

--This quiz was made by S. A-Lerer.
Result Breakdown:
88% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
72% Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
54% Aristotle
53% Nietzsche
43% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
16% Immanuel Kant

Seeing the questions on the test, I don't think it's actually that accurate. the questions were far too simplistic and few.

L

LadyLazarus

Your Result: W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein-81%
There is no provable absolute truth. The way you see things is *dependent on your language. Truths exist only within a language, and change as the language does.

Daenera

Rogue heart
Your Result: Early Wittgenstein / Positivists81%

The ambiguity of language is the cause for most (if not all) philosophical problems. If we could get a purely objective language all philosophical problems would be solved.

72%Nietzsche

69%Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)

57%W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein

51%Aristotle

0%Plato (strict rationalists)

0%Immanuel Kant

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Your Result: Nietzsche 74%

There is no provable absolute truth. At the bottom of every philosophy there is some inspired assumption which the philosopher defends with reasons they have sought after the fact. There is no rational principle behind our world. The most noble goal in life is to create art. To live well is to be art. If life is a dream, "I will dream on!"

49% Sartre/Camus (late existentialists)
47% Early Wittgenstein / Positivists
35% W.v.O. Quine / Late Wittgenstein
19% Immanuel Kant
19% Plato (strict rationalists)
18% Aristotle

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
84%
The world is absurd. No facts govern it. We live well once we truly accept the world's absurdity. YOU give our life's meaning, and YOU control your world.

74% Nietzsche

66% W.v.O. Quine /Late Wittgenstein

44% Early Wittgenstein/ Positivists

44% Aristotle

29% Immanuel Kant