• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sokanu Career Test (and Personality sort of)

Alea_iacta_est

This is a cool test I found on PerC. Its a long one though, so you have been warned. It basically tests what you want to do in life and ranks that with how you prefer your working conditions (which are scattered throughout the test). Don't freak out if instantly you get a strange career at the beginning (it gave me veterinarian at the very beginning, hell no). You do have to register, but it isn't a long process and I don't think they spam.

http://www.sokanu.com/

My Results:

á´…eparted

passages
This was fun, and I gotta hand it to it. Overall it's damn accurate. It got my profession of choice as my top pick. However, I really dislike children. Like, no make them go away. I even answered questions as such, and it still gave me options to teach children. That said... kids love me and when I have done outreach I have been approach by several teachers saying I'd be great at teaching kids. Maybe it picked up on that? Who knows. Also props it picked up that I am a chemist (organic).

So yeah, pretty darn accurate. I mean, once I am done with my PhD my plan is to become a teaching professor, so it completely nailed it. I am also currently a graduate teaching assistant, and a chemist :D.

--------------------------

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This is neat.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Chana is a Lover
Lovers thrive when they are working with ideas and people. They like expressing their creativity to others. Being a part of meaningful relationships where they can express emotions and sensitivities is very important to the Lover. They place a lot of value in helping people through their creative outlets.

I'm going to be an -ologist.

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
Says Particle physics for me...

Way to make me feel even more alienated...

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to avoid career tests because they all give me the same result. This test is no exception, but it picked up on some subtleties that most tests are too blunt to detect.

W

WhoCares

Fucking facebook tests. I hate facebook and anything connected to it, or uses it. Spent 30mins just trying to access this test. Crap interface with an iPad could not even start the test. This kind of shit pisses me off. Clearly I'm not a sokanu future employee.

W

WALMART

Jon is an Architect

photo-rel_architect.jpg

Top recommendation: Particle Physicist
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] once told me ISTP's have serious God complexes :unsure:

W

WhoCares

Okay got it to work, graphic artist, film editor, Multimedia animator or composer. The second tier involved careers I've already had time in, but the first tier or careers I've always brushed off of being too difficult. :blush:

Alea_iacta_est

Fucking facebook tests. I hate facebook and anything connected to it, or uses it. Spent 30mins just trying to access this test. Crap interface with an iPad could not even start the test. This kind of shit pisses me off. Clearly I'm not a sokanu future employee.

There was a way to not sign in to facebook and simply just register with a first name, last name, password, and email address.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Explorer
Explorers are naturally inquisitive people with a social side. They spend a lot of time in their mind investigating ideas. They tend to be observant and analytical. Though they are very mind-oriented people, they also enjoy team work when the time is right. Explorers spend time creating insights and new ways of expressing ideas, and like to share their findings with others.

Top Careers:
Librarian (what I'm currently doing!)
Anthropologist
Sociologist
Archaeologist
Industrial-Organizational Psychologist

A Dreamer > Hands on
Methodical > Free Wheeling
A Free Spirit > Buttoned Down
Prefers Working with People > Prefers Working with Things
Unassuming > Enterprising
Pioneering > By the Book
Values Independence > Values Support
Creative > Traditional
Authoritative > Supportive
Adaptable > Stalwart
Prefers individual work > Prefers Group Work

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A Dreamer, Prefers Working with People, Methodical

V is an Advocate
The Advocate is a people-person that is both helpful and inquisitive. Advocates like to spend time mulling over ideas but also make nurturing relationships one of their priorities. They have a knack for uncovering facts and conducting research, and while for some this means working solo, the Advocate likes fostering a sense of community.

Substance Abuse Social Worker 100.0% Compatibility
Social Worker 99.8% Compatibility
School Counselor 99.6% Compatibility
Drug & Alcohol Counselor 99.3% Compatibility
Humanitarian 99.1% Compatibility
Rehabilitation Counselor 98.9% Compatibility
Anthropologist 98.7% Compatibility
Sociologist 98.4% Compatibility

V's Interests: Social Sciences, Counseling And Helping, Creative Arts, Creative Writing & Journalism, Teaching

A Dreamer, Methodical, A Free Spirit, Prefers Working with People, Enterprising, Pioneering, Values Independence, Creative, Authoritative, Adaptable, Prefers group work

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sociologist

100.0%
Compatibility

Anthropologist

99.8%
Compatibility

Archeologist

99.6%
Compatibility

Pastry Chef

99.3%
Compatibility

Baker

99.1%
Compatibility

Author

98.9%
Compatibility

News Reporter

98.7%
Compatibility

Journalist

98.4%
Compatibility

Television Writer

98.2%
Compatibility

Editor

98.0%
Compatibility

News Anchor

97.8%
Compatibility

Marine Biologist

97.6%
Compatibility

Zoologist

97.3%
Compatibility

Culinary Chef

97.1%
Compatibility

Geographer

96.9%
Compatibility

Epidemiologist

96.7%
Compatibility

Geneticist

96.4%
Compatibility

Cytotechnologist

96.2%
Compatibility

Biologist

96.0%
Compatibility

Web Designer

95.8%
Compatibility

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hon R is an Explorer

Explorers are naturally inquisitive people with a social side. They spend a lot of time in their mind investigating ideas. They tend to be observant and analytical. Though they are very mind-oriented people, they also enjoy team work when the time is right. Explorers spend time creating insights and new ways of expressing ideas, and like to share their findings with others.

Career Recommendations

Epidemiologist
Marine Biologist
Zoologist
Geneticist
Anthropologist

Hon's Character
A Dreamer
Methodical
Buttoned Down
Prefers Working with Things
Unassuming
Pioneering
Values Support
Traditional
Creative
Supportive
Stalwart
Adaptable
Prefers group work

Hon's Interests
Social sciences
Life science
Teaching
Family activity
Human relations management

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

No surprises here really, as far as my 2 highest matches. The rest are really diluted compromise, but if I had them for occupations, I wouldn't dread every waking moment, at least. :shrug:
The test kept telling me to slow down. Fuck you, test. I know what I want to do with my life, and what I love. And hate. :cheese:

G

garbage

Whoa, great find. I'm intrigued by the recommendations changing as you answer more and more questions. It was recommending physical therapist and gynecologist for a while :)dont:), but it eventually found its way to

Sociologist
Anthropologist
Conductor
Actor
Archeologist

Aside from Conductor, no surprises on what it included. The interests are more spot on:

_'s Interests
Social Sciences
Performing Arts
Creative Arts
Teaching
Professional Advising

And

Creative, Authoritative, Pioneering

_ is a Dreamer

Dreamers are lovers of ideas. They spend a lot of their time in their minds, exploring ideas, establishing theories, and understanding phenomena. Usually they like exploring scientific ideas and coming up with their own methodologies. They prefer to work alone as that’s when they get their best thinking done. Expression is important to the Dreamer, though they like to organize their thoughts thoroughly before sharing them.

is pretty accurate, too.

Also, here's this thing:
iHdVunsl.png

wolfy

awsm
It was a well designed test. My first page is a mixture of design and sports training related work. Both interest me.

93JC

93JC is a Dreamer
Dreamers are lovers of ideas. They spend a lot of their time in their minds, exploring ideas, establishing theories, and understanding phenomena. Usually they like exploring scientific ideas and coming up with their own methodologies. They prefer to work alone as that’s when they get their best thinking done. Expression is important to the Dreamer, though they like to organize their thoughts thoroughly before sharing them.

93JC's Character
A dreamer, methodical, a free spirit, prefers working with things, unassuming, pioneering, values independence, creative, supportive, stalwart, prefers individual work. ('methodical', "a free spirit", "prefers working with things", and "values independence" were clearly favoured but the other metrics were closer to 50/50. In fact 'supportive' vs. 'authoritative' appears to be almost exactly evenly split.)

93JC's Interests
Technical writing, law, creative writing & journalism, engineering, and teaching.

Career recommendations
Lawyer - 100%
Judge - 99.8%
Hearing officer (a.k.a. an administrative judge) - 99.6%
Arbitrator - 99.3%
Judicial law clerk - 99.1%

Apparently I should have gone into law!

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
KDw8XrQ.png

IrBFPwr.png

ZCattW2.png

xgABmz8.png

Love how my personality description have nothing to do with my interests... but hell, that was really accurate, I thought because of my personality I would get stuff like animals care and therapist thingy, but it was very spot on.

Also, top 20 best carreers:
Detective (100%)
Private Detective (99.8%)
Firefighter (99.6%)
Police Officer (99.3%)
Sheriff (99.1%)
Special Agent (98.9%)
Transit Police Officer (98.7%)
Correctional Officer (98.4%)
Customs Inspector (98.2%)
Bailiff (98%)
Security Guard (97.8%)
Air Crew Officer (97.6%)
Forensic Science Technician (97.3%) (nah)
Life Guard (97.1%)
Special Forces Officer (96.9%)
Infantry Soldier (96.7%)
Special Forces Member (96.4%)
Particle Physicist (96.2%)
Professor (96%)
Kindergarten Teacher (95.8%)

And Bottom 20 carreers
Substance Abuse Social Worker (4.5%)
Humanitarian (4.2%)
Drug & Alcohol Counselor (4%)
Social Worker (3.8%)