• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The cube test (don't look at the answers/spoiler till you describe it all).

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Cube
Imagine a room with nothing in it.
How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?
The room is medium/small, closed in and dark. I'm just imaganing a completely black room with a door slightly ajar emitting a little light.

Place in the room a cube.
How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room? The cube is small
Where is the cube in the room? around the middle
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air? It's on the ground, glowing
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side? A side
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?) Opaque
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color? It's a neon green, I don't mind it.

2. Ladder
It's leaning against the back wall, about 5 ft away from the cube
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube? The wall
How tall is the ladder? Medium size maybe a little on the small size
Would you be able to climb it easily? No it would probably fall to the ground
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this? Stainless steel, and I'm okay with it. I guess.

3. Horse
Now place in the room a horse.
Where is the horse in the room? Standing next to the cube
How far is it from the cube? Right next to it, staring at it..
How far is it from the ladder? About 4-5 ft
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle? It's standing still but it's not tied to anything, and no it doesn't
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel? It's brown, I wish it were something nice like white.. the horse makes me feel a little weird.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? Yes
How many flower(s) are there? 3
Where are the flowers in relation to the cube? Right on top of the cube in a really small vase
What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that? Purple and I'm happy about that

5. Storm
Add a storm. Describe the storm.
Is it huge and all encompassing? No, it's small. Kind of like in cartoons when someone is depressed and they put a dark cloud over someone
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside? It's in the room itself
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane? It's a fairly heavy downpour
How do you feel towards the storm? It annoys me

Alea_iacta_est

1. My room is medium sized, perfectly cubicle, and strangely dark, the image I had in my mind was like one of those weird grunge pictures with concrete walls and a dim light, no windows.

Cube: My cube was about the size of one of the cubes in Portal to fit the exact definition, and it was completely opaque and darkly colored Maroon, the exact shade (So I guess Red/Black/Brown?) and I really like how the color fits it. My cube was in the middle of the room underneath the dim light. My cube is on the ground and casting a shadow. I'm also facing the corner of the Cube, and to be clear I'm not even staring straight into the room, it's more like I'm staring from one corner to the other and the cube is facing a cardinal direction.

Ladder: It's leaned up against the wall behind the cube, the ladder reaches the top of the room and is easily climbable. It's one of those wooden ladders that you have to prop up against something, I feel nothing really towards the ladder, but I think it looks functional and urbane for the setting.

Horse: The horse was standing to the left of the cube, which considering that I'm viewing this from a corner is probably like left and behind the cube. It's not really paying any attention to the cube and staring straight ahead at the wall. From the ladder it is maybe 10 feet? It's motionless and not tied up, it doesn't have a saddle. It's one of those painted horses, a brown horse with white spots around it. The horse is a pleasant addition but not really conjuring any certain feeling.

Flowers: NOPE

Storm: The storm fills up the very top of the ceiling and covers the entire area of the ceiling. It's in the room and it is very intense, torrential rains and some lighting inside but not outside the cloud (chain lightning). How do I feel about it? I kinda like it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Cube
How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?

it's infinite... I can't even see the walls... and it's white, because why not :)

How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?
Where is the cube in the room?
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side?
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?

The cube is about the same height as I am and it's sitting in front of me in what may be the middle of the room... who knows though because I can't see the edges even. It's translucent, like an ice cube out of the freezer... actually that's pretty much what it is. It looks clean and cold. I might lick it. :unsure:

2. Ladder
Place in the room a ladder.
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?
How tall is the ladder?
Would you be able to climb it easily?
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this?

It's an old wooden ladder propped against the cube... just the right height to climb to the top of it. It's right next to me because I'm right next to the cube. Wood makes me feel comfortable.

3. Horse
Where is the horse in the room?
How far is it from the cube?
How far is it from the ladder?
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?

It's standing beside the cube, me and the ladder. It's a typical brown horse with a black mane and tail. It has a bridle, but no saddle or tether... it's a nice horsey and doesn't need to be tied up or saddled... it can safely be ridden bareback if necessary and it won't wander. I've always thought that the horsiest horses are brown horses with black manes and tails... I'm comfortable with it.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)
How many flower(s) are there?
Where are the flowers in relation to the cube?
What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?

no flowers. they don't grow indoors and there's no tables or vases for them. this does not hurt my feelings.

5. Storm
Is it huge and all encompassing?
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?
How do you feel towards the storm?

Sorry, but no storm. No storms indoors and the room is pretty infinite.

and looking at the answers...

I guess that I've always been fascinated by the infiniteness of the universe and my own place in it, so an infinite room with a me sized cube should make perfect sense :laugh:

I'm as cold as ice though? :unsure:

my goals are achievable and comfortable... that's nice to know. The man is achievable and comfortable as well? Well... he IS the epitome of dependability and comfort :)

good... kids are creepy :thelook:

so I guess that it's all smooth sailing then!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Cube

Can't tell how big the room is. It's not huge but not small. It's all white. A glossy white cube about 8 inches by 8 inches on a white table which is close by one of the walls in the middle of the room.

2. Ladder

It's against the side of the wall. Close by the table. It's 18 feet high. It's made of old wood which conflicts with the the white newness of the room.

3. Horse

It's kind of wild and bucking. Too big for the room. It doesn't knock over the ladder. It's brown without a saddle. Not tied up. I'm a bit afraid of the horse.

4. Flowers

No but I would like to add them on the table next to the cube. Yellow and red.

5. Storm

Thunder and rain is coming down inside the room. It's of moderate intensity. I'm annoyed at the storm because it's getting me wet.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

A room with vast open space.

Big enough to carry with two hands, sort of like a box. In other cases, it is small compared to the room.

Center of the Room

It is on the ground

A side

Its solid

It's brown, it's a box, lol.

2. Ladder
It is towards the side of the room

In relation to the room, directly north of the cube that is in the center.

Not leading, it has two legs, but one side is touching the bottom of the wall.

6 feet

Yes

Steel, it is sturdy.

Directly west of the Box

Not far, close enough that I could carry the cube and place it onto the horse without getting tired.

It's near the cube, so near the same distance as the cube towards the ladder.... north... which is far because it is towards the wall, but not too bad.

Free roaming, but the horse has a saddle for me

Brown, ehhh, the horse bring me places

4. Flowers

The corners of the room, North-West/East South-West/East.

What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?
Red, White, Pink, Yellow. They are just flowers.

Just a drizzle. It's raining, but it isn't gusty or anything, just raining.

It encompasses the room.

It's throughout

Slight drizzle

It will pass in time.

wolfy

awsm
1. Cube
Medium

It is a rubiks cube
On the table. In the middle of the room.
I like the colour.

2. Ladder
To the left of the table
Free standing. Easy to climb. Almost as high as ceiling.
Steel. Cold.

3. Horse
To the right. Looking outside
Not far from cube.
Free. Brown,warm.

4. Flowers
No flowers.

5. Storm
Huge. Grey, cloudy.
In the room. Huge potential.
Awe.

two cents

MBTI Type
INFJ
So, apparently, I am humble yet completely self-centered. Also, apparently, very self-aware, which should help me judge the truth-value of this claim, but isn't. Self-centered is probably correct, humble, I'm not necessarily sure about. Also, apparently my goal is to transcend my own small-ish universe (which I apparently believe is possible AND easy) and I prefer uncontrollable/unpredictable or simply very independent lovers.

I would give all those a maybe. Flowers too -- I didn't see any and I don't care about having children. On the other hand I was imagining a completely bare, room without even any windows, so it could be that my personal universe is just that stark or that the test didn't elaborate much on the kind of room one was to imagine, like an abstract idea of a room-as-enclosed-space vs a room in a house.

The storm thing seems completely wrong, as it is not even remotely related to how big, how dire, and how close/intruding I find my problems to be. Let's just say I thought of a somewhat heavy thunderstorm outside the room (which I couldn't even see because of no windows) that was in not threatening or even affecting me in any way. I can only wish that's how I saw my problems.

As far as color meanings, that seems even further off the mark. Not saying that colors aren't meaningful, but they are assigned so many different/disparate ones by different cultures and individuals!

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The room has the size of a big living room or a small apartment, comfortably sized.
In the centre of it on the floor is an milky white opaque cube, the size of a chair.
There is a dark wooden ladder a few steps from the cube which is leaning against the wall. It goes almost all the way up tp the ceiling and can be easily used.
There is a medium sized brown horse standing on the other side of the cube, at about the same distance as the ladder. It is calmly standing there, untied, without a saddle.
It was said in the instructions that the room was empty, so how would it have occured to me to place some flowers in the room????? However, as soon as this was mentioned a whole bed of small yellow flowers (pansies?) appeared along the longside wall of the rom, kind of like what you'd see in a garden.
The storm is nonthreatening, it just means that there is a strong wind blowing through the room.

As for the interpretation: I am from a small town background but have been travelling and eager to see the world ever since I was a kid. It is big in the sense that there is so much more in it than what we come into contact with in our daily routine but you can visit different continents, meet people from very different cultures and backgrounds and study/learn about very different disciplines. Much, if not all of it, can be captured be science and learning.
The cube is modestly sized in comparison but not tiny. It is opaque, as befits an INTP. The milky white is a simple color that does not attract much attention.
The ladder is reachable but does not exactly attract me either. It is just there, leaning against the wall. The horse is on the opposite side from the ladder. That could mean that I might have to chose between my goals and my lover. This is true to the extant that dreams of living abroad etc. will now have to be coordinated with my partner and my past dream of working in the foreign service (which didn't work out anyway) would hardly have been compatible with a stable partnership (usually even harder for women than for men). The horse is a nice healthy horse, neither especially royal nor shabby. It is calmly and comfortably standing near the cube without being tied down or saddled.
The flowers that showed up as soon as they were mentioned are more of an abstractum, a full bed of uniform color rather than a bunch of inividuals. Assuming that there is something to the interpretation, that would be interesting as it might mean that while I do want children (and soon), the thought is still an abstract idea and less of a specific vision.
The storm is a temporary obstacle and does not cause any permanent damage to the room.

The first thought that went through my head after doing all this is that maybe I am more calmly and healthily settled in life at age 33 than I had realized. A nice thought. :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I did the test anyway, without rereading the answers and keeping my mind as empty as possible.

If anything, it seems like a mood reflector and doesn't necessarily get more specific than that (apparently at the moment I feel relaxed about life), but whatever.

I'm looking at a big, open, airy style room, with textured sunlight pouring through the windows and a healthy breeze making the curtaints flutter pleasantly. The floor is wooden, with a woven texture rug in the middle. There is trim throughout the room. It feels spacious and like a pleasant place to be.

A decent-size cube (2-3' wide) floats in the room's center, a beautiful translucent blue so you can see the far side of the room through it. As it float, it also spins through the air (in place) at an angle, so that you can see various pieces of it -- the edges, corners, top, bottom, sides, etc. It pulses gently.

A sturdy wooden ladder is propped up against one wall, near the cube, reaching up to the ceiling. The ladder is easily climbable, if I was motivated, and is carved along its sides to look a bit ornate.

The horse is powerful and strong, a Clydesdale, with a shiny sheen to its skin, huge hooves, and a long silken tail and mane. It is not bridled or saddled in any way. Despite its intimidating size, it is at ease and friendly, walking over to nuzzle me as I rub a hand on its smooth strong side.

There's a flower box hanging on the outside of the window, containing a variety of flowers (different colors and species), all healthy.

There is a storm on the horizon, visible from the window, and it's a magnificent one, with purple and blue and grey swirling clouds. Not a lot of rain, just a lot of wind and beautiful flashes of lightning that light up the sky -- breath-taking. I can watch with admiration rather than with fear.

EDIT: Having now looked at the answer key in detail, I am afraid I should apologize for the accidental horse p0rn. Sorry.

W

WhoCares

My room was about bedroom size and I was facing a corner. The cube was about the size of two hands, floating in mid air and oscillating. It was sparkly, clear blue. The ladder was to the left and measured about 5ft in size, it was an old, white milk painted double sided ladder made of sturdy and traditional wood. It was close to the cube. My horse was brown, without saddle or lead with it's arse to me...lol! It was to the right of the cube and was larger than the ladder but normal horse size. Incidentally horses are one creature I just dont trust, i had a horse when I was a kid and never trusted it. I fear horses. The storm was inside my room and it was the size of one of those little weather reader clouds with a lightning bolt. Like a cartoon storm. Pretty imsignificant.

So I guess my world is a comfortable size to me but somewhat confined yet it feels cosy rather than scary. I see myself as pretty small but not insignifant and my goals are acheivable in my eyes. Anyone can elaborate on the horse if they want, so many shades of do not want there. :D i'm an abstract imaginative thinker. No flowers. Neithervwere there any windows or doors...:unsure:

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Had the question used any other word than 'room', I would have pictured oblivion, designed like space. But for this question, I pictured a room the size of a high school auditorium. The cube is fairly large, about the size of a car cut into two symmetrical uniform components. It is placed in the exact center of the room, and floating halfway between the floor and the ceiling. It is translucent, with faint streams of light flowing around the interior, but mostly opaque. It is red in color, for some reason unbeknownst to me. A ladder is placed against the wall. It is definitely climbable, being around 15-20 foot tall. There is a considerable distance between the cube and the ladder. A horse is perched on the top of the cube. It's brownish-yellow appearance is distinct. Well, the horse is not tied to something or restricted by a foreign object, but if it falls off the cube it would be seriously injured (not dead). It does not have a saddle, at least not a discernible one. The horse does not make me feel anything. On the contrary, I'm curious about the horse's participation in this scenario. Nope. No flowers at all (but I won't die a virgin). A miniature storm is occurring in the far corner of the room, the horse and the cube are fairly unperturbed by its presence. The storm is no more intense than a slight whirlwind. I feel superior, almost disdainfully indifferent, towards the storm. It can't hurt me.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems like horse feathers to me.

I found it difficult to translate some of my own references into the analysis at the end. The parts that made sense seemed to have about a 50% accuracy rate. The implied dichotomy between imagination and analysis is inexplicable. Some of the measures are vague; number of flowers represents number of kids, but what is the ratio? I imagined seven, so does that mean I want seven kids? I don't want any, so that seems hard to explain. Color theory itself is always silly, and right off the bat, black, the color of my cube, some represents both authority or submission.

Silliness.

Rosie Drew

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Cube
r? white
I should kick it! Its spacey.

2. Ladder
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube? next to the cube.
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube? leaning on the cube
How tall is the ladder? medium.
Would you be able to climb it easily?yes
wood. bored.

3. Horse
A small cornered room.

How big is the cube? Very big but it can become smaller... How big is it in relation to the room? half the size of the room.
Where is the cube in the room? at the top
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air? floating at its side.
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side? side
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?) opaque
What color is the cube? What do you think about that colo

Where is the horse in the room? next the the ladder diagonal

How far is it from the cube? not very far
How far is it from the ladder? very close.
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle? it is
roaming free but not moving.
no saddle.
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?
brown. Boring. Fun too ride?

5. Storm
Add a storm. Describe the storm. black and cartoon lightning.
Is it huge and all encompassing? small.
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside? its inside and outside.
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane? intense but small.
How do you feel towards the storm? excited its a bit surreal.

You know I don't want a horse!:p

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
What I wrote:
1. The room is small-sized, it's floating in black nothingness, in space but not really. The cube is not really that big or small, kind of like a washer or a dryer. It sits in a corner on the ground, what I face depends on what angle I'm looking from! It's solid and light grey, pretty boring.

2. The ladder is on one of the walls the cube is touching, it's centered attached to the wall, following a square white brick pipe that goes about 10-20 meters. I would be able to climb it, though I would hurt myself bad if I fell. It's made out of steel and the color is red, looks pretty cool. It's very cold!

3. The horse is in the absolute center of the room, so just about 2-3 meters away from the cube and the ladder, it's roaming free and doesn't have a saddle, it's brown and eating grass; from where I don't know! It looks peaceful enough, though it's best to always be cautious when dealing with animals you've never met! It makes me feel less alone, but also weird.

4. There are no flowers.

5. The storm is a tornado rather, it's in the room and it's grasping the horse! It's annoying and seems dangerous, I wouldnt want to go near it.

My thoughts to the spoilers/answers according to what I answered:

All in all pretty cool test.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Cube

The room is about the size of my own bedroom - neither too big nor too small. Even though it is a room though, it feels more like a vast open space, given that I imagine everything to be painted white.

The cube is also neither too large nor too small. In relation to the room though, it is small.
The cube is floating in the air, in the middle of the room.
When I look at the cube, I am facing a side.
The cube is somewhat transparent, and is composed of a few bright colors (mostly red, yellow, green, and blue). I am attracted to all of those colors.

2. Ladder

The ladder is standing on the side opposite to myself and the cube.
It is leaning against the wall.
The ladder is tall enough that the top of it would almost reach the ceiling if it were standing upright.
I would be able to climb it easily. I imagine that the ladder is my opportunity to escape the room - so I guess it would mean that I feel hopeful?

3. Horse

The horse is standing against the wall opposite to me.
It is about the same distance away from the cube as the ladder is from the cube.
The horse is right next to the ladder.
It is roaming free, and does not have a saddle.
The horse is a dark sable color. I love that color on the horse. I feel compassionate towards the horse, as if it belongs only to me.

4. Flowers

There are flowers in the room.
How many flowers? Too many to count, I suppose.
They are directly underneath the cube, in the center of the room.
The flowers are of different colors - red, pink, yellow, and purple. I feel happier and more alive, looking at them all.

5. Storm

It is a heavy rainstorm - though I guess I can't really call it a "storm", since there's no lightning or thunder.
The storm is large, but not all encompassing. It is directly above the cube and the flowers as well as myself.
It is neither a slight drizzle nor a category 5 hurricane. It's just a heavy rainfall.
I don't mind the storm - in fact, I love the rain all on its own.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, I just saw the answers... why did I have to imagine so many flowers? :17425:

EDIT: Also, what does it mean if I love the storm? Does it mean that I love facing challenges in my life, or something else?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION] ... Sorry this took so long.

**I just went back and read the interpretation, That's really interesting.. I liked it, thanks for sharing. :)

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
1. Cube

Medium Size (Like a large living room), White, minimalistic, padded.

How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?

The size of a sculpture that could fit on a stand. About 1 metre x metre.

Where is the cube in the room?

In the centre.

Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?

On a stand.

A side.

Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)

Opaque.

What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?

Multiple, like a rubix, but varies witht he lighting and where you stand. It looks good.

2. Ladder

Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?

Against a wall, far from the cub, relatively tall.

Would you be able to climb it easily?

Yes

Metal, indifferent.

3. Horse

Where is the horse in the room,

Lying by the cube near the middle, by the sofas.

How far is it from the ladder?

Far

Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?

Free, no saddle.

White. It is a highly regarded horse and proud of itself.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)

No.

5. Storm

Is it huge and all encompassing?

No.

Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?

Outside.

What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?

A thunderstorm, lighting and thinder, ehavy rain, wind is not too strong. It is a normal storm, it will pass with no structurl damage, of course you would not go outside in it.

How do you feel towards the storm?

Glad to be inside! It is awe inspiring but intimidating.
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]

Beyonce76

Room like living room, average size. Cube big plastic green with white dots , ladder against the wall , horse white standing looking at me/ feeling friendly- between ladder and cube. Storm is outside and we are safe inside.

R

Riva

[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION] i would like to see you do this test.

I'm predicting that your horse would be big strong masculine and male because you are a bodybuilder.