• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The cube test (don't look at the answers/spoiler till you describe it all).

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The room was at first some bare hospital room, like a mental ward, but I didn't like it so I changed it to a nice Japanese style room open to the outdoors, with bamboo floors and screens. It is a fairly spacious room, maybe a little larger than my living room.

The cube is about a foot across. It is hovering in the air in a corner of the living room. It is clear and whitish, and sparkling. I like the color a lot because it feels clean and magical, and clearing to my mind. It has a vague sphere outside of it, the size of the cube. I am looking at a side. It is clear so I can see the nice little room inside.

It didn't specify which room, so I put the ladder in the room inside the cube. It is leaning against the roof, so people can climb up onto the roof. There are plants growing on the roof and trees next to the building. It's made of wood, I guess, light colored and smooth.

I don't want a horse. I have no use for them. They're a lot of trouble and they make a mess. A wild horse would be ok. They can come in a herd and eat the plants near the building, and we can make friends with them. The one I like is brown. It makes me feel safe and loved.

There are wildflowers near the building, and the horses eat some of them. There are large white ones near a waterfall. There are little blue ones in the woods. There are little white ones on the roof and in front of the building.

There is a large thunderstorm with lots of wind and rain. We gather the water in large containers. It's outside, but inside we are dry. There is a small sheltered place attached to the building, maybe on the roof where we can sit in the storm and not get soaked.

Edit: Well if we can only do it once, then I better describe how it was the first time. The first time we did it everything was on a landscape, not a room, which makes more sense, because why would there be a horse in a room? Why would I want a horse in the house? Why would I have a ladder and a storm in a room? I took some elements of the first for the second, because I like the horse in the landscape but not on my property.

So, the landscape was a desert. The cube was about the same size, about 10 feet in the air. It looked the same. There were red flowers within about 20 feet of the cube, in front of where I am standing. The ladder was floating, leading up to the cube but not touching it. It looks the same. The horse was running in the distance. If I return to the meditation now though, it is friendly and letting me pet it, and eating the flowers (and there are other horses in the distance). I don't know what that means, but the interpretation makes it sounds weird, even though that's what horses do. But lovers don't eat children.

Edit 2: See, other people didn't put the room in the cube, inside another room, even though the OP explicitly said to. I take things literally. And then tell people that their instructions don't make sense.

S

Society

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]: If you have an odd answers that I didn't cover, ask them and I'll try to describe what they mean/make some shit up.
^ that. i need that.

comparing my answers from yesterday to the interpretations... how the fuck do i interpret this?

this is what i have so far:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoyed reading the responses. Now for my curiosity: [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=7647]Lux[/MENTION] [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]@affirmitiveanxiety [MENTION=13147]senza tema[/MENTION] [MENTION=9335]Maddy[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION], [MENTION=6071]Time[/MENTION], [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] (i'm going to enjoy this), [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] More to come

We already did this on Vent Riva. Twas endless fun till it ended.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
This room is small, confining, and very bare. It’s about the size of a typical bedroom, maybe a little smaller. It’s bluish in color, and there’s some light coming in from a small window high up near a corner.

The cube is an ice cube. It’s about the size of a typical ice cube you’d keep in your freezer at home. It’s been sitting there for a while, so it’s been melting, and there’s a smallish puddle of water surrounding it. It’s in some random place on the ground near the center of the room. I guess I’m facing it at kind of an angle, but it’s hard to tell since it’s not perfectly cubical, nor was it ever really at any point. It’s translucent. Its characteristics just resemble that of an ice cube.

The ladder is near a corner leaning up against where the wall and ceiling meet. It’s just an old wooden ladder that looks like it would just slip down and fall if I tried to climb it. It’s just kind of sitting there and not serving any purpose.

It’s a big-ass horse; how it got into the room and can fit there is beyond me. It’s near the middle, like the cube, though it’s not in quite the same place. The ladder is more on the opposite side of the room. It’s not tied to anything or saddled, but it’s just standing there. It doesn’t exactly have a lot of room to roam. It’s just all chill. It’s a very dark brown color with black hair, like what I would expect a horse to look like. The color is nice and relaxing, and it’s nice to have the horse’s company. I like animals.

No flowers!

Now suddenly the light from the window darkens and is replaced by the storm- and it’s a dark, heavy, ferocious storm. But it’s outside, and I’m safe from it inside the room. It’s kind of a nice storm. I enjoy having it while it’s there, but I don’t think I’d want it there permanently, or for a particularly long time. It’s nice having the knowledge that it’s going away.

R

Riva

i hope this mind fuck will be as good for me as it seems to be for you...

i'm tired, i'll read the interpretations tomorrow.

Mane this is amazing. Most of it is true for you of course.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is a cold reading technique that lets someone in on your personality.

Answer the following questions and imagine what you see. There are no right or wrong answers.

Concentrate on how you feel about what you are describing and not just on how it looks.

Once you have answered all the questions, scroll down to see what it all means.

1. Cube
Imagine a room with nothing in it.
How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?

Small, it is a room.

Place in the room a cube.
How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?

Small. Very small.

Where is the cube in the room?
Near the middle.

Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?
On the ground.
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side?
Facing a corner.
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)
Opaque.
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?
Grey, dull.

2. Ladder
Place in the room a ladder.
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
On the wall, a little bit further.
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?
On a wall.
How tall is the ladder?
Almost touches the ceiling.
Would you be able to climb it easily?
Sort of.
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this?
Wood. Bleh.

3. Horse
Now place in the room a horse.
Where is the horse in the room?
Middle between ladder and cube on it's right.

How far is it from the cube?
Not really too far.
How far is it from the ladder?
Same distance as cube.
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Roaming free. Does it have a saddle? No.

What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?
Brown with white spots. Color is okay. Horse makes me feel happy.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5) No.
How many flower(s) are there?
Where are the flowers in relation to the cube?
What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?

5. Storm
Add a storm. Describe the storm.
Is it huge and all encompassing?
If only around the room yes.
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?
Both. o_O
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?
Torwards the middle more.

How do you feel towards the storm?
Not good.

G

Ginkgo

1. Cube
How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?

The cube is in a medium-sized room. Maybe the size of a luxurious bedroom. I'm facing a corner of the cube. The cube is white-grey. Maybe it's actually white, but the lighting of the room had rendered it darker than it really is. The coloring and texture of it gives it a soft sort of pleasantness. However, it is not soft to the touch. It's probably half a meter long and wide. It floats mysteriously in front of me.
2. Ladder
How tall is the ladder?

The ladder is a bit north west of the cube (if north is in front of me). It's wooden but not rickety. It's leaning against an entryway on the ceiling that leads to the roof. It feels like a means to experiencing freedom.

3. Horse
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?

The horse is a unicorn. I don't know why. It's north east of me, as far away from me as the ladder and not as close as the cube. It's white. It's sort of eyeballing me out of its left eye, as though it's waiting for me to ride it bareback. It's fairly large. It may be hungry. It has no saddle nor is it hitched to anything. So basically you get the sense that it's deliberately standing there for me.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)

There are flowers lining the interior walls, most notably on the wall north of me. They're in full bloom. I'm not sure what kind they are - they're not tropical or exotic. Nor are they roses and blue bonnets. Orange, purple, red.

5. Storm
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?

The storm is all encompassing. Rain drizzles down from the roof. There's thunder but no lightning. It might cause a flash flood, but it's nothing horrendous. It might even go away in an hour or so.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if your cube was on a table?

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
1. Cube
It's a room -- big enough to be comfortable but still small enough to be cozy.

The cube is sort of almost in one corner but not exactly. It's on the ground, a bit bigger than a Rubik's cube -- solid blue-gray (my favorite color at the moment). I'm looking at at from above and I can see three sides. It's kinda pretty, with a pleasant texture that is nice to touch, like paper or those unshiny metal that doesn't get cold.

2. Ladder
The ladder is a wooden ladder, like one you would use to change a light bulb. It's not very high. It's very sturdy, and woody, and feels like one of those wooden toys I used to play with as a kid. It's beside the cube on the left, but not too close. It's one of those up-side-down V ladders that can stand on its own. I like it.

3. Horse
The horse is on the right of the cube, quite close to it. It has a saddle but is not tied to anything. It's light brown -- I love brown horses -- might be a brownish chestnut though. It's peacefully standing there, not doing anything much.

4. Flowers
Not quite sure -- but if there are there are 2 or 3 -- it's kinda vague. And they are white, orange, pinkish red, or something like that. They are most likely tulips. They are beautiful, a bit fragile, bright, upper-class.

5. Storm
The storm is outside. It's just full of rain. I'm in the room and I feel safe.

So that's it -- But again I might be a bit too test-aware for this to work :blush:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

R

Riva

:tongue:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Cube
The room is not big, neither is small. Just a typical middle sized room. I imagine just room, 4 white walls and nothing more.
The cube is pretty big, it's a half size of the whole room and it's placed right in the middle and floating in the air. When I look at the cube, well it's 3D so I see the corner as well as side, but maybe I am looking more streight at the corner. I think the cube is made of ice and it a bit reflects the room around, but I can't see throught it. Well I really imagined an ice cube so it's blue and I like the color.
2. Ladder
How tall is the ladder?
The ladder is on the right side from the cube, leaning on the right wall in the middle of the wall. It extends to three quarters of the wall... It seems just a bit unstable, but it could be safe to climb it. It's made of wood, it's really just this typical old school ledder you have to lean somewhere to climb it. It seems a bit wierd to me, the ledder seems to has no real meaning in the empty room. It makes me feel a bit unsure about why is it there, or who would place it there...
3. Horse
The horse is next to the cube, left from the ladder. It's not really far from the cube, though there is some distance. It's much further from the ledder, than the cube. The horse is free, but does have a saddle a nice one actually... Its color is interesting it's grey with some white spots. Actually the horse makes me feel safe and comfortable. It doesn't feel like an empty room anymore.
4. Flowers
Yes where else could they be? I don't know, it's a bouquet in the vase. They are a bit infront of the cube on the right side right infront of the horse. The colors are different, mostly red and yellow. The flowers rimendies me on something from my past...I am not sure what.
5. Storm
It's dark, with white lightnings. It's really loud, but lightnings are a bit calmer than the thunders. The storm is outside. I think it's a normal strom, might be a little wild, but nothing unusual.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Cube

- It's medium sized. It's an open room with wood floors & white moulding on the walls.

- I misread this and placed the room in a cube... I'm too fascinated by that to change it.

It's bigger than the room. The room is inside the cube

The room is inside the cube.

floating in the air

It's rotating slowly, but mostly seeing a side.

Transparent, but there are inside walls to the room on the other sides.
It's as if I'm seeing through the room's walls too, but only on the side of the cube I'm looking through.

Glass-like, so a grey-blue tint. I think the color looks like glass. I generally find grey & blue to be boring colors.

2. Ladder

I first placed a spiral staircase in the middle. I cannot follow directions :X

It's leaning against the far wall. It's inside the room which is inside the cube

It's leaning on the room's wall, which is within the cube's walls

How tall is the ladder?
About 2/3 up to the ceiling, which is very high

No, because it's propped and not secured. It looks like it would need to be held steady to climb.

It's that yellow painted metal that ladders often come in. I feel it's ugly & looks like a construction tool.

3. Horse

The middle

It's inside the cube inside the room

It's a decent distance as the room is big & the ladder is on a wall & the horse in the center

It's standing still with wind running through its mane. No saddle or tie.

Deep mahogany. I like the color for a horse. I like the horse; it's beautiful and kind of surreal as it stands there still, almost like a statue.

4. Flowers

No flowers.

5. Storm

It's thunder & clouds gathering in a center area towards the ceiling

No, it's just a small area in the top center of the room.

Inside the room. It looks like some kind of wormhole opened up to bring it in.

It's a big storm, but not a hurricane. It's the kind of rainstorm that might knock a tree down but not destroy a house.

It's interesting. I find it visually beautiful. It seems to bring movement to the room, which seemed still and dead before, especially with the statue-like horse. It is also kind of ominous though.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Cube
How big is the room? Standard room size for a US suburban room
Is it very large, small, etc? Moderate
Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?
It's most definitely a room. Totally enclosed except for the front door, which I am standing in.

How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room? It's about Rubic's cube sized, but this is certainly a cultural association.
Where is the cube in the room? In the middle, slightly towards the front, slightly on the left (maybe).
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air? On the ground.
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side? Maybe a little of both, though I was first aware of only looking at one face of it.
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?) Both somehow.
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color? It kind of looks like a Rubic's cube, actually--squares of different colors. I visualized the reds and blacks most clearly in my mind. I like this cube.

2. Ladder
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube? It's against the wall on the left side, more in the background than the cube is.
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube? The wall.
How tall is the ladder? It goes almost to the ceiling.
Would you be able to climb it easily? If someone held it, yes.
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this? Wood, which is fine I guess. A nice solid material.

3. Horse
Where is the horse in the room? It's head is behind the ladder, facing the left wall. It's more or less against the wall in the center.
How far is it from the cube? Maybe a meter?
How far is it from the ladder? It's head is under the ladder.
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle? Not tied. Just standing there.
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel? The horse is brown, which I don't really like as a color but is OK for horses. My feeling is that the horse really shouldn't be here and is messing up the room.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5) Nobody said a damn thing about flowers.

5. Storm
Is it huge and all encompassing? No, but it's annoying.
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside? It's inside the room.
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane? Sort of a tornado.
How do you feel towards the storm? It's making the room too small to have any space left to negotiate.

That is not inaccurate. Especially my remarks about the flowers!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Cube
20ftx20ft room
2ftx2ft cube
northwest end against wall
on the ground
facing corner
opaque
grey; color of neutrality

2. Ladder
southwest end, away from cube
leaning against wall
How tall is the ladder?
50ft
perhaps
wood; solid, effective; indifferent towards material

3. Horse
next to cube
1ft
18ft
free; wearing saddle
brown; warm, comforting. horse makes me feel loved
4. Flowers
No flowers

5. Storm
large, above everything, all encompassing
outside room, extends infinitely
slight drizzle, grey sky
depressed but not terrified or seriously bothered

Sunny Ghost

I'm in a medium sized room, that is very white/light, with one big open window and no roof.

The cube is opaque and shiny white, in the middle of the room on the floor. It's like a big box, size wise.

The color of the room and the cube make me a little uneasy.

I flip between overlooking the entire room to being in the corner of the room. But with both views, it's from one of the corners, so I'm looking at the other three corners.

The ladder is leaned against the cube and coming out of the top of the room and I don't see the end of it. It seems sturdy. I'd climb it.

The horse is on the opposite side of the cube and ladder from where I'm observing. It's brownish/red with a black tail. It's not tied, nor is there a saddle.

There's a lot of lightning and rain and clouds amongst a tranquil scenery of mountains and grass and flowers. I like storms, so I think it's beautiful and calming.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, this turned out a little creepy and sad...

Room: Perfect cube, smallish, white, sterile. No windows, no doors. Vaguely prisonlike. Size approx. five cubes by five cubes by five cubes. Cube (within the cube-shaped room) also white, smallish (3'x3'x3'?), on the ground, on the exact center of the floor. Opaque, and not quite the same white as the walls and floor. Warmer, maybe? Regardless, I feel pretty neutral about the room. It's a bit calming, maybe. I'm looking at the room at a bit of a diagonal -- 30 degrees ish.

Ladder and horse: Nearly at exact opposite corners of the room. Ladder is a standard ladder size, made of wood. It has a really lovely grain. It's in the back corner, resting on a wall (not resting on the corner). The horse is closest to me -- small, almost pony-sized, brown, a bit scruffy? No saddle and no tether. Just standing there, its left side facing me. It doesn't seem terribly happy to be there -- but that makes sense to me. If you were a horse, would you be happy to be in a blank room with no windows and no doors and just a cube in the middle? It bothers me distinctly that the horse is stuck in there.

Flowers? Nah.

The storm is inside the room; clouds take up the top 1/3 of the room, it's suddenly very dark, thundering a little, and raining pretty hard. No lightning or much wind to speak of -- just a lot of rain. Now it REALLY bothers me that the horse is in there.

Last edited: