• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The cube test (don't look at the answers/spoiler till you describe it all).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ thanks. I was just about to mention you just to see the description of the box. Thanks to your participation I have renewed confirmation of the test.
How so? (I assume you meant me in this comment.)

R

Riva

How so? (I assume you meant me in this comment.)
Yes it was you. Your cube wasn't transparent which is why I said it acted as a confirmation. I hope you read the answers/spoiler once you were done with the test.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes it was you. Your cube wasn't transparent which is why I said it acted as a confirmation. I hope you read the answers/spoiler once you were done with the test.
I read the explanation long ago, when I first did this. That is why I posted my original response. As someone observed, you can't do this one again, because you know what is behind it.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]
1. Cube
Imagine a room with nothing in it.
How big is the room?
an elegant bedroom, with a few windows

Place in the room a cube.
How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?
Where is the cube in the room?
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side?
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?
the cube is opaque and the color of mystic quartz and shimmers radiantly.
it's about the size of a rubix cube and meant to be used as a magical artifact. I am holding the cube, so I am neither facing a side nor a corner

2. Ladder
Place in the room a ladder.
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?
How tall is the ladder?
Would you be able to climb it easily?
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this?
the latter is in the back of the room, extending out of the room and reaching up to the heavens

3. Horse
Now place in the room a horse.
Where is the horse in the room?
How far is it from the cube?
How far is it from the ladder?
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?
the horse is a majestic white stallion upon which I am riding.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)
How many flower(s) are there?
Where are the flowers in relation to the cube?
What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?
inside: no
outside: yes. lots of flowers of all different colors

5. Storm
Add a storm. Describe the storm.
Is it huge and all encompassing?
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?
How do you feel towards the storm?
a raging thunderstorm outside.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the explanation long ago, when I first did this. That is why I posted my original response. As someone observed, you can't do this one again, because you know what is behind it.

Yeah this test is old old old. I mean, I ran across it years and years ago. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads on this site with the same test (and/or variations of it, but all similar enough to figure out).

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah this test is old old old. I mean, I ran across it years and years ago. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads on this site with the same test (and/or variations of it, but all similar enough to figure out).
This cube activity is an example of Kokology. There have been several books about it, plus blogs here and there.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hey, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], check out my horse. It's a toy. I'm not sure what that says about me. haha...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's interesting how when [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] did this visual, he saw a ladder extending upwards forever into the heavens, and when I did it, I saw a ladder extending downwards and supposedly infinitely deep, or at least, it was so deep that the bottom wasn't visible.

So Riva, do you have a potential explanation for the never ending up/down ladders?

Personally, I think for someone like Elfboy, it could mean he's very expansive, and for me, it might mean that my goals are very distant, or that I'm intensely absorbed in thought, perhaps.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, I'll do it soon. :) I did this in high school, but it would be interesting to see if the results are different now. Otherwise I'll post what I got then.

Sunny Ghost

Ooh. I want to come back and do this. But I can't at the moment. School's been cray, and I've started a new full time job that has me incredibly tired at the moment.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I swear I've done this before. Catrific made a video about it but she didn't really go into detail much. :unsure:

Alright, now time to analyze the answers. :happy2:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I think I want to sit on my answer longer before posting. This was intense.

R

Riva

Hey, [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], check out my horse. It's a toy. I'm not sure what that says about me. haha...
I was going to rep you about your wooden horsie; so that I could privately tease you :p. But now that you asked for it should we try to interpret it?
Don't do that famous infj doorslam on me.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I was going to rep you about your wooden horsie; so that I could privately tease you :p. But now that you asked for it should we try to interpret it?
Don't do that famous infj doorslam on me.

:newwink:Now [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]you know I don't slam doors. I just quietly throw things, like shurikens.

Anyhow, I think the test was fun and your interpretation was fun, too. Thank you for posting it.

W

WALMART

My room wasn't so wide as it was long. There was a Rubik's Cube, solved, sitting very close to my perception. The ladder propped up against the far wall, and from under my feet to the four corners blossomed a field of various colored rather plain flowers. Then I was standing near a cliff, as far as the wall had once been, a storm in the distance.

I really didn't want to think about the horse. Too dynamic a character to imagine so static, like it could trot away at any second and my mind couldn't account for it.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I also think I have done this test in another thread but don't remember it. I do remember another one though, infact two, maybe I skipped the cube one. I do tend to make my answer complicated and elaborate, maybe this is indicitive in itself.

S

Society

I enjoyed reading the responses. Now for my curiosity: @Lexicon @Lux @Mane@affirmitiveanxiety @senza tema @Maddy @Chanaynay @Nicodemus, @Time, @OrangeAppled (i'm going to enjoy this), @Elfboy More to come

i hope this mind fuck will be as good for me as it seems to be for you...

i'm tired, i'll read the interpretations tomorrow.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
1. Cube
Imagine a room with nothing in it.
How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?

Place in the room a cube.
How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?
Where is the cube in the room?
Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?
When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side?
Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)
What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?

My cube is small at the moment but has the ability to grow larger and larger. The cube continually grows with time. The cube is at the center of the room so everyone can see it. My room that I'm in is absolutely huge. The goal is to make the cube so large that despite, how big the room is, everyone can see the cube.

2. Ladder
Place in the room a ladder.
Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?
How tall is the ladder?
Would you be able to climb it easily?
What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this?

My ladder is along the side of my cube so that I can easily climb up the ladder. My cube is huge at this point and the climb up the ladder will be long, but eventually I will get to the top of the ladder and everyone will be beneath me.

3. Horse
Now place in the room a horse.
Where is the horse in the room?
How far is it from the cube?
How far is it from the ladder?
Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?
What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?

My horse is right along the side of my cube. It can take me from place to place. I don't trust it to roam free right away, but after time and training, I trust my horse to roam free and be untied.

4. Flowers
First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)
How many flower(s) are there?
Where are the flowers in relation to the cube?
What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?

There are no flowers.

5. Storm
Add a storm. Describe the storm.
Is it huge and all encompassing?
Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?
What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?
How do you feel towards the storm?

There is a heavy storm but it is outside and we are safe inside.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently I'm the most egocentric person here since - as you can from my results in post #9, my cube was pretty much just as tall as the entire room, and it had a width that covored at least half of the space extending to the walls.