User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Default back to similar minds

After NOT taking a cognitive functions test for some time, I decided to go to similar minds and take one. I read the questions, slowly and made sure that I understood them. I answered honestly and would you just look at these results?! They're crazy. Do you find them interesting?

Do any of you get, type unclear on this particular test?

Don't get me wrong, I have been diagnosed as an INFJ [yes, my friends it is a sickness]. Still, I thought it interesting to redo this test and question the validity of tests in general. Perhaps it depends upon a person's frame of mind, or perhaps some tests are "stacked" more toward one way than another.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (90%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (90%)
    your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
    your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (55%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

based on your results your type is likely - unclear

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (85%)
    your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (65%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
    your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (45%)
    your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (45%)
    your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (75%)
    your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - unclear

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

what i've noticed with these tests is that the first function is always strong it both directions (introverted and extroverted). I always have similar (and very high) Ne and Ni, and I've noticed the same for almost all users that have shared their test results. this might be a mistake in the test itself (that is not asking the correct questions to discriminate between two variables) or maybe it is true that if you have a very strong hold of a cognitive process, you also have a good command of it's contrasting direction (Te if Ti, Ti if Te, etc). more people have hypothesized this before, and i think it would be interesting to study it further.

so that explains your Te/Ti. After that, your Ni is very high (90%) and your Fe is quite strong (75%) so INFJ seems right for you, yes. but what could explain such a high Ti?

you know what, i'm going to take it myself now, let's see what happens...

EDIT (half-way through): seriously, some of these questions are impossible.
    for instance, what cognitive process would correspond to?
    14) I dislike myself.
    or
    42) I am very happy with my life.?
    or
    59) I love indie rock.?

EDIT2: results:

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (75%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (50%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (40%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (30%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (20%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    based on your results your type is likely - enfp

Conclusion: the questions are dumb and the test sucks.

Enneagram
    9w8

First, thank you @RaptorWizard and @pinkgraffiti for taking it and investigating a bit with me.

About these questions, I'm only guessing, but two of them seem like they are trying to ferret out Fi-dom.
    14) I dislike myself.
    or
    42) I am very happy with my life.?
    or
    59) I love indie rock.?
    Still, I find it interesting that RW also got unclear and I can't help if that happens very often on this particular test. I also wonder if maybe this might be a better way to look at functions rather than just having a generator that spits out four letters for the tester. I'm unsure.

There is one thing I like about it. I like the definition of Fe. Notice that it really has nothing to do with "feelings" at all but more to do with adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups, etc. In other words, Fe users would be a little more in tuned with the kind of emotional displays and behavioral displays that are socially acceptable within a group or situation. And that doesn't make an Fi user more emotional, as some might think, but rather causes one to be more assured of what does and does not fit in with his/her internal value system.

Oh well, at the very least, it was fun. At the worst, it's flawed.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    First, thank you @RaptorWizard and @pinkgraffiti for taking it and investigating a bit with me.

About these questions, I'm only guessing, but two of them seem like they are trying to ferret out Fi-dom.

Still, I find it interesting that RW also got unclear and I can't help if that happens very often on this particular test. I also wonder if maybe this might be a better way to look at functions rather than just having a generator that spits out four letters for the tester. I'm unsure.

There is one thing I like about it. I like the definition of Fe. Notice that it really has nothing to do with "feelings" at all but more to do with adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups, etc. In other words, Fe users would be a little more in tuned with the kind of emotional displays and behavioral displays that are socially acceptable within a group or situation. And that doesn't make an Fi user more emotional, as some might think, but rather causes one to be more assured of what does and does not fit in with his/her internal value system.

Oh well, at the very least, it was fun. At the worst, it's flawed.
    aren't there other cognitive functions tests? i think so? shall we try them?
    i'm also of the school of thought that cognitive functions are more important than mbti letters.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I think that tests only tell you what you already think about yourself, either that and/or tell you what's within the limits of the test as designed by its creator. A test is only as good as its tester, that and its creator.

As for functions being the definition of it all, find me an INTP that relates better to the ISFJ description than the INTJ description.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (80%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (60%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (55%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (35%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)

based on your results your type is likely - intp
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I sometimes get unclear. But I get all kinds of things. Usually INTP or INTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I sometimes get unclear. But I get all kinds of things. Usually INTP or INTJ.
    I can't see you as an INTP (you could be, but the overall rationale doesn't seem to vibe), although I could very well see you as an INxJ, either one. What are your thoughts on INTJ?

I fixed your results for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Te (Extroverted Thinking) (90%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (90%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (55%)

based on your results your type is likely - WIND

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html