• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

back to similar minds

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
After NOT taking a cognitive functions test for some time, I decided to go to similar minds and take one. I read the questions, slowly and made sure that I understood them. I answered honestly and would you just look at these results?! They're crazy. Do you find them interesting?

Do any of you get, type unclear on this particular test?

Don't get me wrong, I have been diagnosed as an INFJ [yes, my friends it is a sickness]. Still, I thought it interesting to redo this test and question the validity of tests in general. Perhaps it depends upon a person's frame of mind, or perhaps some tests are "stacked" more toward one way than another.

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (90%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (55%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

based on your results your type is likely - unclear

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (85%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (70%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (65%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (45%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (70%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (45%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (75%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what i've noticed with these tests is that the first function is always strong it both directions (introverted and extroverted). I always have similar (and very high) Ne and Ni, and I've noticed the same for almost all users that have shared their test results. this might be a mistake in the test itself (that is not asking the correct questions to discriminate between two variables) or maybe it is true that if you have a very strong hold of a cognitive process, you also have a good command of it's contrasting direction (Te if Ti, Ti if Te, etc). more people have hypothesized this before, and i think it would be interesting to study it further.

so that explains your Te/Ti. After that, your Ni is very high (90%) and your Fe is quite strong (75%) so INFJ seems right for you, yes. but what could explain such a high Ti?

you know what, i'm going to take it myself now, let's see what happens...

EDIT (half-way through): seriously, some of these questions are impossible.
for instance, what cognitive process would correspond to?
14) I dislike myself.
or
42) I am very happy with my life.?
or
59) I love indie rock.?

EDIT2: results:

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (85%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (50%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (40%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (30%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (20%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - enfp

Conclusion: the questions are dumb and the test sucks.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
First, thank you [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] for taking it and investigating a bit with me.

About these questions, I'm only guessing, but two of them seem like they are trying to ferret out Fi-dom.
14) I dislike myself.
or
or
59) I love indie rock.?

Still, I find it interesting that RW also got unclear and I can't help if that happens very often on this particular test. I also wonder if maybe this might be a better way to look at functions rather than just having a generator that spits out four letters for the tester. I'm unsure.

There is one thing I like about it. I like the definition of Fe. Notice that it really has nothing to do with "feelings" at all but more to do with adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups, etc. In other words, Fe users would be a little more in tuned with the kind of emotional displays and behavioral displays that are socially acceptable within a group or situation. And that doesn't make an Fi user more emotional, as some might think, but rather causes one to be more assured of what does and does not fit in with his/her internal value system.

Oh well, at the very least, it was fun. At the worst, it's flawed.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First, thank you [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] for taking it and investigating a bit with me.

About these questions, I'm only guessing, but two of them seem like they are trying to ferret out Fi-dom.

Still, I find it interesting that RW also got unclear and I can't help if that happens very often on this particular test. I also wonder if maybe this might be a better way to look at functions rather than just having a generator that spits out four letters for the tester. I'm unsure.

There is one thing I like about it. I like the definition of Fe. Notice that it really has nothing to do with "feelings" at all but more to do with adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups, etc. In other words, Fe users would be a little more in tuned with the kind of emotional displays and behavioral displays that are socially acceptable within a group or situation. And that doesn't make an Fi user more emotional, as some might think, but rather causes one to be more assured of what does and does not fit in with his/her internal value system.

Oh well, at the very least, it was fun. At the worst, it's flawed.

aren't there other cognitive functions tests? i think so? shall we try them?
i'm also of the school of thought that cognitive functions are more important than mbti letters.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that tests only tell you what you already think about yourself, either that and/or tell you what's within the limits of the test as designed by its creator. A test is only as good as its tester, that and its creator.

As for functions being the definition of it all, find me an INTP that relates better to the ISFJ description than the INTJ description.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti (Introverted Thinking) (95%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (80%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (60%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (55%)

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (35%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (20%)

based on your results your type is likely - intp

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes get unclear. But I get all kinds of things. Usually INTP or INTJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sometimes get unclear. But I get all kinds of things. Usually INTP or INTJ.

I can't see you as an INTP (you could be, but the overall rationale doesn't seem to vibe), although I could very well see you as an INxJ, either one. What are your thoughts on INTJ?

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I fixed your results for you... :D

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (90%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (55%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (75%)

based on your results your type is likely - WIND

http://similarminds.com/classic_jung.html

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't see you as an INTP (you could be, but the overall rationale doesn't seem to vibe), although I could very well see you as an INxJ, either one. What are your thoughts on INTJ?

Haven't we already done that thread before a few times over? :unsure:

As for functions being the definition of it all, find me an INTP that relates better to the ISFJ description than the INTJ description.

Well, as far as RAW scores go...

Si + Fe = 115%
Ni + Te = 95%

...hmmmm...... :rly???:

G

garbage

'k

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (80%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (75%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (95%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (10%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (30%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (65%)

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (90%)

based on your results your type is likely - intj

All sorts of fucked up result there, but Ni/Ne usually come out on top for me. These tests never know what to do with that result.

EDIT (half-way through): seriously, some of these questions are impossible.
for instance, what cognitive process would correspond to?
14) I dislike myself.
or
or
59) I love indie rock.?
That's an understandable concern. But it's a common-ish practice to have 'filler' questions on surveys/questionnaires to help with the flow of the test, to make sure that the participant focuses only on the questions, and so on. We wouldn't have doubts about these questions, nor would we know their relative significance, if we didn't know a thing or two about JCF.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I think both INTP and INTJ are wrong of course. It's just a test. Today I got INFJ! Yay!
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (55%)

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (85%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (80%)

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (100%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (60%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (65%)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haven't we already done that thread before a few times over? :unsure:

Yes, we have. I kind of like repeating things a lot of the time to better verify the accuracy of previous results. Also, we have more information to work with now than we did last year, and I'm sure greenfairy has since become more enlightened on Typology.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, we have. I kind of like repeating things a lot of the time to better verify the accuracy of previous results. Also, we have more information to work with now than we did last year, and I'm sure greenfairy has since become more enlightened on Typology.

yes...hence... do it in GreenFairy "Who Am I?" thread #5.... :happy2:

btw I responded to your other question in that post....

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, as far as RAW scores go...

Si + Fe = 115%
Ni + Te = 95%

...hmmmm...... :rly???:
yes...hence... do it in GreenFairy "Who Am I?" thread #5.... :happy2:

btw I responded to your other question in that post....

Okay, it looks like I was wrong. It's good you had the boldness to show me that. It's also funny how I tested much higher on Te and Fi than on Ti and Fe. Maybe there's something here that I'm not getting. Dang it, I'm even further away from the treasure than greenfairy ever was!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, it looks like I was wrong. It's good you had the boldness to show me that. It's also funny how I tested much higher on Te and Fi than on Ti and Fe. Maybe there's something here that I'm not getting. Dang it, I'm even further away from the treasure than greenfairy ever was!

I don't know if it's a standard pattern type-wise, or if age has anything to do with it as well.

Theoretically, one is supposed to align easier with people who share an MBTI function mix, even if it's tert or inf, at least once you get out of the kid/teenage years. People mature a bit, and you have more connection points.

For me, I'd honestly say INTJ is low on my list of "personally understood types." ENTJ is even worse.
I get ESTP much better, if I have to pick types aside from the few I really click with.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Te (Extroverted Thinking) (50%)

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (90%)

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (15%)

Si (Introverted Sensing) (25%)

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (30%)

Master of Intuition!?!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I fixed your results for you... :D

Aw...thanks [MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION]. I should have known I could depend on you:) You are the best bear friend I've ever had.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
but what could explain such a high Ti?
Decided to go back to this question. I always score a high Ti. Two scores have remained consistent across every test I've taken and that is the Ni and Ti. Therefore, based on the frequency of their occurrences and the diverse instruments by which they've been tested, I believe them to both be fairly accurate. I can't say that for the other scores, but for those two...yes, they are probably within the ball park of accuracy.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]I have asked myself what type I thought you to be and I've come to this conclusion that based on online interaction, I can't tell. I would need to watch you in your natural habitat and watch you interact with other people in your life. I think that may hold true to many people [not all...there are some people whose online presence clearly dictates a certain type or at least points in a likely direction]. For example, I certainly think Fi is easier to spot online that some of the other functions. The best way, I think to discover a person's type, is to spend time observing them without them actually being aware of it.