User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Anyone know any questions to find out the following socionics traits?

Does anyone know any good yes/no option A / option B questions I can ask to find out the following reinin dichotomies in socionics? I'm trying to figure out the most accurate questions that would control the person to answer in an honest and accurate fashion; I want to ask in such a way that the person is unable to interpret the question's intent.

For example: when testing irrational/rational, I don't want someone who already believes himself to be a judger, to respond to a question as a rational because the questions sound similar and the person is confident he is an MBTI judger. The person's own knowledge on typology would interfere with the test question.

Rational/Irrational
    Aristocratic/Democratic
    Emotivist/Constructivist

So for example, if I wanted to figure out if someone was a rational vs irrational, I'd ask the question, "Are you the most proactive during times of stability or instability?"

Thanks

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You should ask @Elfboy

He may be able to answer this question.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    You should ask @Elfboy
    He may be able to answer this question.
    nah, I don't know much about socionics
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Does anyone know any good yes/no option A / option B questions I can ask to find out the following reinin dichotomies in socionics? I'm trying to figure out the most accurate questions that would control the person to answer in an honest and accurate fashion; I want to ask in such a way that the person is unable to interpret the question's intent.

For example: when testing irrational/rational, I don't want someone who already believes himself to be a judger, to respond to a question as a rational because the questions sound similar and the person is confident he is an MBTI judger. The person's own knowledge on typology would interfere with the test question.

Rational/Irrational
    Aristocratic/Democratic
    Emotivist/Constructivist

So for example, if I wanted to figure out if someone was a rational vs irrational, I'd ask the question, "Are you the most proactive during times of stability or instability?"

Thanks
    I know what ur asking...but I do not have the best functions to answer that....

Actually you should be good at it...

Ti does that right?

It's sounds like sociology class when we had to make surveys...they had to be unbiased...I still don't know how to fucking word a survey.

Ask an ISFJ or INTP maybe?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I suppose I'd need an ISTP for the job. INTP's don't seem to understand how to control other peoples' reactions. Yes I do think its Ti now that you mention it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

...Rational/Irrational...
    It's difficult coming up with good questions that would be accurate, since the way people evaluate themselves on all these dichotomies is very variable. They don't know much about these dichotomies, and they don't know how they fare in comparison to others on these scales, so then they give misleading answers.

Couple years ago an EII I knew, who is pretty much a rational, got into socionics and decided that he was irrational because he didn't really understand the extent of some people's irrationality. He was so focused on his Si hidden agenda that he thought it is his leading function and typed himself as SEI initially. He read all the descriptions of rationality and irrationality from socionics sources, and still considered himself to be an irrational type for a good year. It wasn't until I brought to his attention how much more irrational our IEE friend is, and how many of their fall-outs with each other look like rational-irrational differences, that he started considering EII for himself. This is a problem for many socionics novices. They can read up about these scales, but they can't accurately estimate where they belong on these scales. Not enough understanding of themselves.

Another problem. Rationality is described inaccurately. The need to plan, for example, irrational types that are also 1s or 6s in enneagram may take up planning because it offers them extra stability. If they read socionics descriptions, they will mistakenly believe that they are rational types.

If you want to type people into temperaments, easier route is to determine static-dynamic and extroversion-introversion. It's more of a fail safe approach to typing people. Forget about the rational-irrational dichotomy, too many mistypes using this one.

Major flaws in this approach.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think it's possible to come up with a question that can't/won't be interpreted.

even seemingly straightforward ones make me woozy with all the different possible ways it could mean
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    It's difficult coming up with good questions that would be accurate, since the way people evaluate themselves on all these dichotomies is very variable. They don't know much about these dichotomies, and they don't know how they fare in comparison to others on these scales, so then they give misleading answers.

Couple years ago an EII I knew, who is pretty much a rational, got into socionics and decided that he was irrational because he didn't really understand the extent of some people's irrationality. He was so focused on his Si hidden agenda that he thought it is his leading function and typed himself as SEI initially. He read all the descriptions of rationality and irrationality from socionics sources, and still considered himself to be an irrational type for a good year. It wasn't until I brought to his attention how much more irrational our IEE friend is, and how many of their fall-outs with each other look like rational-irrational differences, that he started considering EII for himself. This is a problem for many socionics novices. They can read up about these scales, but they can't accurately estimate where they belong on these scales. Not enough understanding of themselves.

Another problem. Rationality is described inaccurately. The need to plan, for example, irrational types that are also 1s or 6s in enneagram may take up planning because it offers them extra stability. If they read socionics descriptions, they will mistakenly believe that they are rational types.

If you want to type people into temperaments, easier route is to determine static-dynamic and extroversion-introversion. It's more of a fail safe approach to typing people. Forget about the rational-irrational dichotomy, too many mistypes using this one.

Major flaws in this approach.
    Yea rational and irrational can be difficult to determine.

You bring up a very good point. That theres also a sort of scale...

That can apply to a lot of personality theories..even enneagram
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There is at least one Russian website you can go to for that. You mean narrowing down, concept by concept, quickly yes?

I will be back someday soon with the link .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't think it's possible to come up with a question that can't/won't be interpreted.

even seemingly straightforward ones make me woozy with all the different possible ways it could mean
    Yes but you ask people things like do they notice that which is there, or what is not...the one I took narrowed me pretty easily and the questions were nothing like mbti and couldn't really be manipulated unless you know a great deal about socionics.

I think that is what he means.