• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensitivity to criticism test

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Score: 39

Individuals who score similarly to you generally:
Approach issues or disagreements in an appropriate and non-confrontational manner.
Put a conscious effort into listening and learning from feedback.
Suggest their own ideas for self-improvement.

I am very, very sensitive to criticism, but I hold those reactions in, and try to focus on what I can learn from it. So I scored as if I'm less sensitive than I am.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Score: 22

Approach issues or disagreements in an appropriate and non-confrontational manner.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4???? how the hell. that seems absurdly low compared to how i answered.

ANyway, I really liked question 44:

Whether someone criticizes my behavior, performance or personality makes no difference - it's a personal attack regardless.

Because it made me realize that I take criticism to those three areas in completely different ways.

Edit: Overt score was 4. Covert score was 36. That makes way more sense.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How is everyone getting the strengths and limitations? I click on that tab and it tells me to buy my personalized report.
Oh, and I got 53. I'm not sure about the accuracy of the test, but I learned a lot about myself while taking it. For most of the questions, I either chose one of the most positive OR most negative responses; it was never in the middle. For example, I chose "I could learn a few things from her" in the new employee one, but immediately quit the game in the soccer example.
I also love the situational questions :heart: they're so much easier to answer than the "do you usually..." type questions.

I think a lot of my answers would change if I took it a second time, after understanding that the test is referencing many different types of criticism, not just criticism in general.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried to take the test, but it didn't give me results.

My response to criticism has a lot to do with boundaries and circumstance. When I was in school I was fine with being even harshly critiqued by professors I respected, and that's the reason I way paying to be there. That sort of criticism occurs in idea space and has no social undercurrent if the professor is worthy of respect.

Unsolicited advice from people who wouldn't necessarily be in a position to know can be annoying to me. I think a lot of criticism is social game playing, so that annoys me and I'll avoid people who appear to be doing that. I'm plenty self-criticial and have analyzed and thought through a lot to improve myself and my work, so the drive-by criticisms from strangers is not something I welcome because it seems intrusive and really arrogant. I think like this when someone says "You know what your problem is?" My response is "Yes, i know a lot about what my problems are, and you don't." Most of the time it becomes one-sided where I'm supposed to defend and explain myself, but the other person has no intention of examining their own short-comings, and I'm not going to suggest any in the them or the conversation may never end. I also wouldn't be in a position to know fully what their problems are. I don't think everyone has to be perfect in every detail, and I don't think it's an assumed group effort to try to achieve that end. Just let people be who they are even with their flaws - unless those flaws are inhibiting or violating someone else's boundaries, and then it's more complex because every person has a right to defend themselves, but I don't respect the right to attack others very much.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
33/100

Hypatia

trying to be a very good ENTP
I scored a 2/100 on the Summary/Snapshot Report, "Overt Behavioral Reactions." Didn't bother to buy the actual test...