User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think this test is applicable to me, because I'm extremely sensitive to criticism but I know that I should not be. Baseless criticism is annoying, but does not really bother me. On the other hand if they are right and I am really in the wrong I tend to feel very, very bad about myself and will most likely over-react by breaking down and wanting to die.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    I don't give this thing much weight. I got 2 questions in and said, "is the criticism accurate or not?" Do I handle criticism well from some moron who thinks his opinion matters? No, no I do not. Do I handle criticism well from someone who knows exactly what they are talking about and how to help me improve? Yes. Unfortunately, 99.9 (repeating, of course) percent of criticism comes from the former.
    Criticism is contextual. Is this because this person is a fucking moron and/or they don't agree with me, or are they really an expert?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh I think its interesting that women learn to criticize themselves and men learn to criticize the other.

That's fucking disgusting.

I like to think I'm a blend of the two, that I have an ear for context, that I'm aware when criticism is warranted of me and when it's just the other person being a jackass.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4?9

Strengths

· You are not very defensive
    · You tend to view criticism and those who criticize you in a tolerant and constructive manner
    · You experience few, if any negative, defensive emotions towards people who criticize you
    · You respond to criticism in an openly-accepting and professional manner

Potential Strengths

· You occasionally chastise yourself when you receive negative feedback
    · Criticism can sometimes stir up negative, self-defeating emotions in you
    · You sometimes retaliate with passive-aggressive behaviors when criticized

Limitations

· No limitations detected
    "Potential strengths". Really? Come on now.

I guess it makes a kind of weird sense that a test about sensitivity to criticism would couch everything in terms that avoid sounding like criticism. It's pretty transparent though.

Not really sure how it arrived that those results given how I answered some of the questions, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Oh I think its interesting that women learn to criticize themselves and men learn to criticize the other.

That's fucking disgusting.
    Yeah, but hardly surprising given the context of our society. It's the heroic, masculine thing to do to lash out aggressively and show no weakness, but women ought to internalise all criticism because it's always their fault for not being good enough. I think a lot of people grow up being spoonfed this crap, even in our allegedly enlightened age.

Disgusting, I agree.

Where is the score?

Strengths

· You tend to view criticism and those who criticize you in a tolerant and constructive manner
    · You do not chastise yourself when you receive negative feedback
    · You experience few, if any negative, defensive emotions towards people who criticize you
    · You generally do not feel bad about yourself when criticized, or experience self-defeating, demoralizing emotions
    · You rarely, if ever, respond with passive-aggressive behaviors after being criticized

Potential Strengths

· On some occasions, you respond to criticism in an openly-defensive or antagonistic manner

Limitations

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

No numerical score here.

Strengths

· You generally do not feel bad about yourself when criticized, or experience self-defeating, demoralizing emotions
    · You respond to criticism in an openly-accepting and professional manner
    · You rarely, if ever, respond with passive-aggressive behaviors after being criticized

Potential Strengths

· No potential strengths detected

Limitations

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

So... did anybody have any limitations detected? I think this is a "smoke up your ass" test. Seriously, if it didn't detect any limitations regarding sensitivity to criticism in me, it's broke.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4?9

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    So... did anybody have any limitations detected? I think this is a "smoke up your ass" test. Seriously, if it didn't detect any limitations regarding sensitivity to criticism in me, it's broke.
    I took it again while trying to come off as completely maladjusted and got some nice limitations.
    Strengths

Potential Strengths

· No potential strengths detected

Limitations

· You have a tendency toward defensiveness
    · You experience negative, defensive thoughts toward people who criticize you
    · Your emotional response toward a person who criticizes you tends to be negative and defensive
    · You often experience self-defeating and disheartening emotions when criticized
    · You often respond to criticism in an openly-defensive or aggressive manner
    · You often respond to criticism with passive-aggressive behaviors
    Sweet!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I should take the test, but it sounds like the results turn out opposite of how you answer?

I know my sensitivity to criticism is contextual. If it is coming from a credible source, then I can take a ton of criticism. If it seems unwarranted and I don't trust the source of the criticism, then I get upset, but not because of doubting myself, but because it seems simply mean and intrusive. I do get upset when someone tells who I am, what my motives are, or what I'm actually feeling. That sort of criticism can make me angry because I consider myself the most credible source for those particular questions. For those questions I have trillions of data points to draw from and even someone really close to me would have only hundreds of thousands or millions. Even with that much they don't know all the internal processes of connecting those data points. Strangers/acquaintances online only have hundreds or maybe thousands of data points. I find that people who do that are almost always projecting something and are choosing to be blind to the other person for some reason. If someone tells me something is wrong in my actions or skill level, then I am pretty tough and not sensitive at all to criticism. I welcome it, actually, and seek out those people.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. It said I had no limitations, when obviously I do.

I wonder if the test designer did that on purpose. The people that are more sensitive to criticism, have more limitations but would likely be over sensitive to having those limitations pointed out. Taking those limitations as a criticism.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne