• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which "Thinking Hat" Are You? (test and poll)

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Without question the "Devil's Advocate" (black hat). I knew this before even taking the test. The black hat is the one who thinks "how can I make this happen?" and sees snags which might manifest themselves in achieving just that. They are NOT negative people - quite the reverse.

gromit

likes this
ps I got white hat, which I am somewhat like, I suppose.

You're always questioning things when ever you are trying to solve a problem. Most of the time they're are dumb questions or it may seem that you are just stating the obvious, but you are ok with it since it makes you feel comfortable knowing that you have your facts straight. When ever in a group situation, whether at work or at school, you're the first one to lay out all of the facts on the table, trying to simplify the issue. Great Job! Without you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

1681899664.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Green Hat
The 6 Thinking Hats is a genius method where you sit down and try and solve a problem, one step, or hat, at a time. Each hat has its own unique questions to answer according to its color. The way to do it, is to pick either the red-emotional, yellow-optimistic, blue-controller, green-creative, black-critical, or white-information hat and come up with questions that relate to its' description. In order to solve a problem, you have to use each hat, come up with questions, answer the questions, and then come up with a solution that makes logical sense. Its a great way to stay organized especially if you are the one in charge, since it keeps all of your team members in check, to make sure that each and every step is covered.

Green Hat:
People are sometimes blown away with amazement every time you open your mouth. Your gifted with coming up with highly creative solutions that others couldn't even imagine. Whether its�persuading�somebody or a one-of-a-kind marketing idea, you've got the answer. Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

I got green hat, and I'm noticing that most of the other ENTP's are green hat thinkers as well.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Green Hat:
People are sometimes blown away with amazement every time you open your mouth. Your gifted with coming up with highly creative solutions that others couldn't even imagine. Whether its persuading somebody or a one-of-a-kind marketing idea, you've got the answer. Great Job! Without you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
S

SingSmileShine

People are sometimes blown away with amazement every time you open your mouth. Your gifted with coming up with highly creative solutions that others couldn't even imagine. Whether its�persuading�somebody or a one-of-a-kind marketing idea, you've got the answer. Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

Nicki

Retired
Red Hat

The 6 Thinking Hats is a genius method where you sit down and try and solve a problem, one step, or hat, at a time. Each hat has its own unique questions to answer according to its color. The way to do it, is to pick either the red-emotional, yellow-optimistic, blue-controller, green-creative, black-critical, or white-information hat and come up with questions that relate to its' description. In order to solve a problem, you have to use each hat, come up with questions, answer the questions, and then come up with a solution that makes logical sense. Its a great way to stay organized especially if you are the one in charge, since it keeps all of your team members in check, to make sure that each and every step is covered.

Red Hat:

Others tend to label you as the "over emotional, touchy feely" person and it makes you wonder what ever was wrong with caring about what other people think? When ever there's an argument, your team members come to you to spill on how they feel. You like to keep in mind how everyone is adapting or coping, and you tend to make sure that your surrounding company is comfortable. Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Red Hat

Red Hat:

Others tend to label you as the "over emotional, touchy feely" person and it makes you wonder what ever was wrong with caring about what other people think? When ever there's an argument, your team members come to you to spill on how they feel. You like to keep in mind how everyone is adapting or coping, and you tend to make sure that your surrounding company is comfortable. Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

I have the book "Six Thinking Hats" by Edward de Bono.

Signed,

Talking penis.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Blue hat...

Bitched to the man that the internet called me bossy and he agreed with it :thelook:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Blue Hat
Blue Hat:
You love being in charge of everything. If there is a job to complete you're the first one to take charge and start handing out individual tasks. You're very good at keeping things together and organized. A lot of times your team members complain about you being too bossy, but at the end of the day everyone knows that they couldn't have done it without you. Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

Interesting. I would not have anticipated that. I suppose whenever I had group projects, I usually end up facilitating things . It's not so much that I prefer it that way, it's just that it's a vacuum I end up filling. I'm good at seeing all the pieces, and how they fit together, and somehow the expectations of the group keep more organized than I am in my solo efforts.

For instance, if I see people working at cross purposes, I have to step forward and say something. It'll just bother me too much if I don't.

I'm not sure how reliable this test is. Black, white, or green sound more like me. I think the test needs to have more questions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I would not have anticipated that. I suppose whenever I had group projects, I usually end up facilitating things . It's not so much that I prefer it that way, it's just that it's a vacuum I end up filling. I'm good at seeing all the pieces, and how they fit together, and somehow the expectations of the group keep more organized than I am in my solo efforts.

For instance, if I see people working at cross purposes, I have to step forward and say something. It'll just bother me too much if I don't.

I'm not sure how reliable this test is. Black, white, or green sound more like me. I think the test needs to have more questions.

It seems like [MENTION=9143]Eric[/MENTION]b should know something about that leadership style...

I spelled his username wrong, oh well.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Black Hat:
People tend to brush you off for always looking on the negative side, but remember that everyone needs to think critically every now and then! What others don't understand is that in order to be "realistic" with matters, you have to think about what might go wrong in a situation. What would happen if you kept thinking on the bright side and then something really bad happens? You my friends, are always prepared for the worst of things to happen. A lot of times, you're the one who says "I knew this was going to happen!" or "I told you so". Great Job! Without�you on the team, the 6 thinking hats theory wouldn't even exist! But keep in mind that the most successful person can exercise each of these hats equally, so keep practicing in your everyday life, and you'll soon realize that its very easy to come up with master-minded solutions.

Bullshit! I didn't even select the critical thinking answer on the question/s that provided it as an option.