12 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Online Privacy Type and Relationship to E/I

How much privacy do you seek online? Take the quiz here.

How do you think it correlates to your E/I preference?

My hypothesis is that MBTI introverts will also be somewhat more concerned with online privacy as a whole. I know people who are exceptions to this though.

I'm fairly introverted on the MBTI and I scored a moderate on the privacy test. I was expecting to score a little more on the private end. I don't take advantage of every privacy setting and I'm not overly paranoid so moderate is about right.

On forums like this, I share selectively. I'll post photos of myself for a brief amount of time and usually take them down after a couple of weeks. On Facebook with closer friends, I usually leave them on indefinitely. I'll share my city of residence but not my street address. Age but not date of birth. Type of occupation but not actual place of work. I don't give out my real name on forums like this. On sites like Facebook with closer friends, yes.

I'm careful about filling out forms online. I don't give out more information than is required and I only reveal personal information like address or birthday when its required to and I know the site is secure and is from a source I trust.

How about you?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I come out as moderate.

In some ways, I am very much out there in the public, with a lot of photos on Facebook and extensive use of LinkedIn. In other ways, I am a very private person. It's a mix.

Social networking is a tool in my mind and if you are completely private, you don't get much value out of it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Glycerine

I voted "highly private extravert". Even if I share personal information, I am usually vague on details.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm introvert and I got this.

Privacy Please

You cherish your privacy and want to be the one to initiate.
    But this would mostly be because I don't even have Facebook or Twitter. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'd always want to be the one to initiate if I had them though. I'm actually less than moderately private in real life, but online I'm much more private.

I'm really extroverted, like regularly experience social interaction fails because the extroversion has been in the driving seat, I get morose when I've too much time alone etc.

Although I'm very guarded about my information online, I'm beginning to get that way offline too, in the online scenario and sometimes in the offline scenario I've engaged in omissions and sometimes misinformation of a minor nature, ie telling people who do not need to know that I live in places other than where I do live, I think I've got good reason for this but then I really do think that everyone has good reason for this if they think seriously about it.

If you imagine the online world to be like a bar, would you go to a bar full of mafia, criminal sorts, predators, thieves, persons with shit all impulse control, persons with high potential to carry on vendettas etc. in real life, I'm betting that the answer is no, not intentionally at least. There's lots of online prescence from hackers now which is pretty varied, from the individuals to organised groups, including spooks (the chinese have a division of cyber warfare which IT security friends of mine have told me they believe are responsible for some of the world's premium information thefts, easily attributable to anonymous or anyone else or not attributed at all). I think that a lot of the medium lends itself to way, way more self-disclosure than necessary, I know that I've done it myself without thinking about it.

There's a lot of information online for anyone who is looking for it and if you think about all the people who've perhaps got a grudge against you or who may perhaps simply not be "right" that's bound to be worrying. I've my own suspiscions about one or two people who I know who appeared briefly online at times when other people were foolishly announcing travel plans and when burglaries followed I thought they were either responsible or involved, although knowing something and proving it is very different.

The thing about all this is that there's no guide, no one has ever told anyone "there are the ten commandments of online behaviour" or anything like that. Its not as common sensical as you may think either, I use usernames on different sites but occasionally they'll get mentioned on other sites than I began using them and hay presto there's a link, someone could then easily create dupe accounts with the same username etc.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm moderate in real life, but really really open online.

The Carefree Surfer
    You're highly active online and don't worry about sharing information with outside sources or companies.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I got 'privacy procrastinator'. It's pretty accurate, I care a lot about my privacy, but sometimes I forget to, or rather I can't be bothered, ensuring that privacy in the best way possible.

I think others can find this annoying since they aren't always aware I have a limit.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

garbage

I'm The Moderate. And an ambivert.

That boringly makes sense

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    On forums like this, I share selectively. I'll post photos of myself for a brief amount of time and usually take them down after a couple of weeks. On Facebook with closer friends, I usually leave them on indefinitely. I'll share my city of residence but not my street address. Age but not date of birth. Type of occupation but not actual place of work. I don't give out my real name on forums like this. On sites like Facebook with closer friends, yes.

I'm careful about filling out forms online. I don't give out more information than is required and I only reveal personal information like address or birthday when its required to and I know the site is secure and is from a source I trust.
    I got

Privacy Please

You cherish your privacy and want to be the one to initiate.
    I don't use social media sites, primarily due to privacy concerns, and take all the privacy-protecting measures listed in the quiz, and then some. On forums like this, I share rather freely of my thoughts and opinions, but very little personal information. I avoid online forms, and frequently fill them out with made-up information. I guard my privacy fairly closely offline as well. This is probably influenced by enneagram as well as MB type.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Carefree surfer, Introvert.

I don't post a ton of stuff on social media and I do try to make sure I don't announce to the world when I'm going to be leaving my house sitting empty or stuff like that, but I don't think people care about me enough one way or another to mess with me too much and it's not like I've got a lot of money for anyone to steal or that anyone could screw my credit rating up a lot more than I have.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers