• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal Hell No Escape Lifetrap Test

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
What kind of misery did your childhood inflict upon you? Discover your neurosis or personality disorder today!

http://www.lifetraptest.com/

I'm a freaking nut-case. Thank god I'm not dependent or enmeshed.

Lifetrap Strength

Insufficient self-control very strong
Abuse very strong
Emotional deprivation very strong
Defectiveness strong
Vulnerablity strong
Abandonment strong
Entitlement strong
Sosial isolation strong
Emotional inhibation strong
Punitiveness strong

Failure medium
Pessimism medium
Self-sacrifice medium
Subjugation medium
Approval seeking medium
Unrelenting standards weak
Dependence weak
Enmeshment no lifetrap

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lifetrap Strength

Sosial isolation very strong
Emotional inhibation very strong
Unrelenting standards very strong
Entitlement strong
Self-sacrifice medium
Pessimism medium
Emotional deprivation medium
Punitiveness weak
Abuse weak
Vulnerablity no lifetrap
Defectiveness no lifetrap
Abandonment no lifetrap
Subjugation no lifetrap
Enmeshment no lifetrap
Insufficient self-control no lifetrap
Failure no lifetrap
Dependence no lifetrap
Approval seeking no lifetrap

Interesting. Do you think it means anything (i.e. how accurate is this test, and how useful the information)?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh boy, another fun opportunity to discover what's wrong with us, thereby making us feel special!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How lovely, I think I'm more of a nutcase than you, [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION].
Edit: Just looked at yours again. Maybe not. But it's a close call.

Defectiveness strong
Failure strong
Abandonment strong
Punitiveness strong
Unrelenting standards strong
Pessimism strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Approval seeking strong
Subjugation strong
Vulnerablity strong
Sosial isolation medium
Dependence medium
Emotional inhibation medium
Abuse medium
Insufficient self-control weak
Entitlement weak
Enmeshment weak

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lifetrap - Strength
Entitlement - very strong
Sosial isolation - very strong
Emotional inhibation - very strong
Abuse - strong
Insufficient self-control - strong
Pessimism - strong
Dependence - strong
Abandonment - strong
Subjugation - medium
Enmeshment - weak
Unrelenting standards - no lifetrap
Self-sacrifice - no lifetrap
Failure - no lifetrap
Vulnerablity - no lifetrap
Defectiveness - no lifetrap
Emotional deprivation - no lifetrap
Approval seeking - no lifetrap
Punitiveness - no lifetrap

En Gallop

Sosial isolation very strong
Subjugation strong
Emotional inhibation strong
Emotional deprivation strong
Entitlement strong
Enmeshment strong
Dependence medium
Defectiveness medium
Self-sacrifice medium
Unrelenting standards medium
Abuse medium
Pessimism weak
Punitiveness weak
Vulnerablity weak
Failure weak
Abandonment no lifetrap

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Self-sacrifice 87% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Subjugation 82% (Your score: weak)
Unrelenting standards 75% (Your score: very strong)
Pessimism 70% (Your score: medium)
Approval seeking 68% (Your score: strong)
Emotional inhibation 68% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Sosial isolation 64% (Your score: strong)
Insufficient self-control 62% (Your score: medium)
Abandonment 61% (Your score: medium)
Abuse 60% (Your score: strong)
Failure 58% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Punitiveness 57% (Your score: medium)
Emotional deprivation 55% (Your score: very strong)
Vulnerablity 54% (Your score: strong)
Defectiveness 54% (Your score: medium)
Dependence 48% (Your score: no lifetrap)
Entitlement 35% (Your score: medium)
Enmeshment 28% (Your score: no lifetrap)

Unrelenting standards
Lifetrap strength: very strong
19% of people answering the test got the same result. 75% scored at least medium strength.

You are highly demanding on yourself, although you will probably see your standards quite reasonable. You feel that you have to do something all the time, to get results, be efficient and keep things in order. You can’t be happy with yourself if you do not meet your requirements. Nothing ever seems to be sufficient; there is always something worth pursuing. The feelings of inadequacy, failure, inferiority and shame lurk nearby and strike hard if you can’t reach your requirements. You strive to avoid these unpleasant feelings, and it causes you anxiety and stress. Stress may arise in various physical symptoms - insomnia, fatigue, high blood pressure, ulcer or panic attacks. You find it hard to relax and just enjoy life. You may be mostly frustrated and irritated with yourself and others. To you, life is performing, and you believe that at the end it will bring to you a prize - freedom or perfection. The achievements, however, feel empty after all and you need to look for the following tasks and challenges. If you choose to succeed at something, you will probably succeed - however, you can’t stop to enjoy the success. Maybe you neglect your friends or loved ones - because you do not have the time to relax and give your time to the others.

Emotional deprivation
Lifetrap strength: very strong
15% of people answering the test got the same result. 55% scored at least medium strength.

You feel that no one will or can satisfy your need for love and care, and probably you feel often that no one really listens and understands you. You might avoid love relationships, relationships tend to be short or you protect yourself with falling in love with a person who is not available. You might fall in love with cold, rejecting and inhibited persons. Something in them attracts you strongly. Relationships often end after the high expectations with bitter disappointment. Perhaps the great desire that your partner will change and someday be able to fulfill your needs keeps you in relation with an unsatisfying partner. You might expect that the loved one should be able to read your mind and automatically satisfy your needs for affection and intimacy. You may not have ever considered expressing your needs, on the other hand you may withdraw from or be hurt if one is unable to meet your need for feeling loved. Repeated deprivation confirms the beliefs that you will never find a life partner and you will never get the love you need.

Sosial isolation
Lifetrap strength: strong
25% of people answering the test got the same result. 64% scored at least medium strength.

You often feel anxiety in social situations and it makes you avoid them. You feel different and therefore not fitting in. With new people you feel uncomfortable and nervous and you do not really know what to say. You might be nervous about the situation and afraid of getting into the spotlight. Feeling anxious you are wondering what others might think of you. When you are upset you are unable to use your social skills, so you will feel insecure and withdraw. You may be accustomed to avoid social situations to the extent that it seems quite natural - but at the same time you need inside a closer contact with fellow human beings. In a group you may pretend you're more like the others and you want to give a good impression of yourself. You might get into working positions, which does not require a lot of interaction. In close relationships you'll feel more confident and calm - you can be more truly yourself. The repeated experience of being an outsider makes you avoid more and more unpleasant social situations.

Vulnerablity
21% of people answering the test got the same result. 54% scored at least medium strength.

You are often scared and feel insecure. You worry excessively about your health, accidents or financials. You might choose a partner who is strong enough to protect you from the risks. You suffer from anxiety or panic attacks; or you are constantly more or less anxious, which makes it difficult for you to enjoy the everyday life. You might rely on addictions in order to facilitate anxiety. You strive to ascertain that you are safe. Therefore, you have learned to evade risks: elevators, cars, travelling in the city or abroad, investments, or career opportunities; you would rather stick to the old which is familiar and safe. Fears are limiting your life and your loved ones who have to adapt to your fears. Constant worrying and risk avoidance further enhance the feeling of vulnerability.

Abuse
24% of people answering the test got the same result. 60% scored at least medium strength.

You fear that other people will hurt, cheat, be violent, abuse or take advantage of you in some way. You probably don't feel confident and safe but rather you see threats in your relationships. It is usually hard for you to trust other people. You might have doubts about the intentions of others and you believe they will deceive you one way or another, sooner or later. You will not let anyone get close to you and you do not dare to open up to in your relationships. You are careful and you may test whether other people are worthy of trusting. However, you may be attracted by people who are abusers and you let others treat you badly. Repeated emotional experiences of exploitation or abuse tend to strengthen the lifetrap. This eats out your self-esteem, and you find it hard to get out of a relationship where you are being mistreated.

Approval seeking
26% of people answering the test got the same result. 68% scored at least medium strength.

It is important for you that all people like you, even strangers. You strive to please other people. Even if you would not like some person, you want that he or she likes you. You may make decisions thinking how your parents, your partner or your friends accept them. You may be afraid to do things on your own way, because you are afraid that might be accused or criticized. In a group you are trying hard to belong and you might transform yourself, depending on what you think others want from you. You hope that you would be liked, and therefore you aim to avoid conflict or hurting other people. You do not put forward your own opinions in fear of rejection, or you present strong opinions to test how others accept you. You may dress in a very conservative or acceptable way not to feel yourself different from others and to avoid becoming an outsider. You make a lot of effort in ensuring the people would appreciate you. You might acquire success, achievements, status, wealth or beauty, so that others could appreciate you. It is difficult for you to appreciate yourself for who you are, rather other people are a mirror of your dignity.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We're all nutcases, [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]. :)

Bolding my results in the style of the OP:

Self-sacrifice very strong
Punitiveness very strong
Approval seeking very strong
Defectiveness strong
Entitlement strong

Pessimism medium
Failure medium
Abandonment medium
Enmeshment medium
Subjugation medium
Sosial isolation medium
Abuse weak
Emotional deprivation weak
Vulnerablity weak
Dependence no lifetrap

Not even a little bit surprising. :laugh: Pretty much every moment of angst I ever have is courtesy of those four "lifetraps". All my closer forum friends have definitely seen those lifetraps play out, too.

Interesting. Do you think it means anything (i.e. how accurate is this test, and how useful the information)?
I was wondering that too. Probably the test's main use is just to be aware/mindful of those trends in your life, to accept that they'll likely always affect you in some small way, but to still allow you to work on them to whatever extent you can.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lifetrap Strength

Self-sacrifice very strong
Defectiveness very strong
Abuse very strong

Emotional inhibition strong

Punitiveness medium
Failure weak
Social isolation weak
Pessimism weak
Subjugation weak

Enmeshment no lifetrap
Vulnerablity no lifetrap
Emotional deprivation no lifetrap
Dependence no lifetrap
Entitlement no lifetrap
Abandonment no lifetrap

:thinking: So, primarily giving too much of myself at the cost of my own needs, dealing with a pervasive sense of defectiveness/shame-including being unable to accept/express my own feelings, inability to really fully trust others, highly perfectionistic of myself (I'm actually far more lenient with others)/beat myself up over perceived failures (expect to fail), deal with a lot of pathological guilt feelings, at times accommodating others to evade those feelings or to just calm the environment around me..

Yep. That's me in a nutshell. I think if I'd taken this about ten years ago, there'd be a lot more enmeshment involved, but I've found peace/freedom from that element, psychologically, in these recent years. Maybe someday the self acceptance, increased self-care, and the ability to accept others accepting me will work itself out. We'll see, I guess. Ever forward.

I

Infinite Bubble

Social isolation very strong
Pessimism very strong

Punitiveness strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Failure strong
Dependence strong
Vulnerability medium
Abuse medium
Subjugation medium
Entitlement medium
Enmeshment weak
Abandonment no lifetrap

Had to correct those damn typos. :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Abuse strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Entitlement strong
Abandonment strong
Insufficient self-control medium
Vulnerability medium
Dependence medium
Social isolation weak
Subjugation weak
Punitiveness no lifetrap
Failure no lifetrap
Enmeshment no lifetrap
Pessimism no lifetrap

Lark

Lifetrap Strength
Entitlement strong
Pessimism medium
Abuse weak
Subjugation no lifetrap
Sosial isolation no lifetrap
Emotional inhibation no lifetrap
Vulnerablity no lifetrap
Emotional deprivation no lifetrap
Abandonment no lifetrap
Enmeshment no lifetrap
Self-sacrifice no lifetrap
Failure no lifetrap
Dependence no lifetrap
Punitiveness no lifetrap

So my results sort of say that FUCK I'M FUCKING AWESOME, THAT'S WHAT!!!

En Gallop

Social isolation very strong
Pessimism very strong

Punitiveness strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Failure strong
Dependence strong
Vulnerability medium
Abuse medium
Subjugation medium
Entitlement medium
Enmeshment weak
Abandonment no lifetrap

Had to correct those damn typos. :D

Lol they annoyed me too! I mean... sosial??

Lark

When you try to recommend this on facebook why does it keep coming out in latvian or some shit?

Lark

How lovely, I think I'm more of a nutcase than you, [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION].
Edit: Just looked at yours again. Maybe not. But it's a close call.

Defectiveness strong
Failure strong
Abandonment strong
Punitiveness strong
Pessimism strong
Self-sacrifice strong
Approval seeking strong
Subjugation strong
Vulnerablity strong
Sosial isolation medium
Dependence medium
Abuse medium
Entitlement weak
Enmeshment weak

Hey, what, lol, what the, lol, what the hell happened?

Was your quiz like broken or something? Why did it spew out some many results? And they arent even results its not bad to have like pessimism, unrelenting standards and entitlement (from certain perspectives that means you're well adjusted, yes, I subscribe to the insane society theory).

What the hell is defective anyway? I want to know, why is everyone defective? :laugh: *laughs so hard*

I hope that page doesnt link to a dianetics website or anything like that :laugh:

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That test said I didn't have abandonment issues. I could have sworn that I do. I'll have to retake it.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lifetrap Strength
Sosial isolation strong
Dependence strong
Defectiveness strong
Insufficient self-control strong
Failure strong
Pessimism medium
Subjugation medium
Abuse medium
Entitlement medium
Punitiveness medium
Enmeshment medium
Self-sacrifice medium
Approval seeking weak
Vulnerablity weak
Abandonment weak
Unrelenting standards no lifetrap

Lark

That test said I didn't have abandonment issues. I could have sworn that I do. I'll have to retake it.

:laugh:

Did you mean that you could have sworn you didnt or is that a freudian slip?

I think the quiz is a bit extreme in its extrapolation from responses.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
:laugh:

Did you mean that you could have sworn you didnt or is that a freudian slip?

I think the quiz is a bit extreme in its extrapolation from responses.
I was pretty sure I have abandonment issues. I guess if I do, they aren't as bad as I thought. I dunno. :shrug:

Lifetrap --------- Strength
Self-sacrifice --------- strong
Subjugation --------- strong
Vulnerablity --------- medium
Approval seeking --------- medium
Pessimism --------- medium
Abuse --------- medium
Entitlement --------- medium
Failure --------- medium
Sosial isolation --------- medium
Dependence --------- weak
Insufficient self-control --------- weak
Emotional inhibation --------- weak
Abandonment --------- weak
Defectiveness --------- weak
Unrelenting standards --------- no lifetrap
Enmeshment --------- no lifetrap
Emotional deprivation --------- no lifetrap
Punitiveness --------- no lifetrap

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
This was interesting... and makes some sense.

Lifetrap Strength

Self-sacrifice strong
Social isolation strong
Abuse strong
Subjugation strong
Approval seeking medium
Emotional deprivation weak
Abandonment weak
Vulnerability no lifetrap
Punitiveness no lifetrap