User Tag List

123 Last

Default Which Magic: The Gathering Guild Do You Belong To?

Clicky

Here is my result:

You Are:
    Simic

My Vision. My Evolution. My Guild.
    Life evolves in strange ways in the Simic Combine, where researchers grow hybridized monsters in their grotto bio-labs.

You might also be:
    Selesnya, Gruul, or Golgari.

(You can also get extended descriptions if you click on the guild icon.)

The Simic Combine is Ravnica’s steward of nature and the wild; its mission is to preserve and advance the natural world even as Ravnica’s cities continue to grow. The guild seeks to protect the elements of the plane that are incompatible or mutually exclusive with its overpopulated, urban conditions. This is not easy, of course, because the forces of civilization are so prevalent on Ravnica that they threaten to subsume anything that runs counter to them. But the Simic practice a strange combination of detachment and holism that provide a kind of separation from the larger urban systems—a separation on which their conservation mission depends.

I prefer to play green/red (Gruul) but green/blue (Simic) probably fits my personality better.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Simic as well.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Rakdos

My Chaos. My Carnage. My Guild.The bloodthirsty Cult of Rakdos celebrate their flair for sadistic entertainment, spreading depravity and mayhem wherever they riot.

The Rakdos Cult is a large group of hedonists, sadists, criminals, and psychopaths under the leadership of a powerful demon named Rakdos. The Rakdos Cult combines an instinctual bloodlust and desire for power. They’re sadistic and cruel simply for the fun of it. Opportunistic violence is their modus operandi. Mayhem and personal enjoyment is their goal. They want Ravnica to bow to their whims and anything that gets in their way—or happens to be walking by—is fair game.

Rakdos lacks a formal structure. The cult members despise rules or anything that curtails their freedom, so there are no laws other than the precept to please their demonic master. On the surface, the activities of the guild are run by loosely affiliated “Rings,” each led by a Ringmaster, and each with its own sphere of influence, commodities, and cult followers.

You Are Dimir
    My Secrecy. My Advantage. My Guild.The House Dimir seeks to control Ravnica from the shadows, gathering intelligence until the time is right for their agents to strike.

In the dark, slick corridors of the undercity lurks the unfathomable network of the Dimir guild. House Dimir is Ravnica’s dark but open secret: the populace knows Dimir exists but they pretend it doesn’t. The Dimir’s role in Ravnica is to provide covert services that other guilds can’t or won’t, using their secrecy as both weapon and defense. Dimir is hidden even from itself, using pockets of covert agents who are aware of only a few other contacts. Dimir agents leave no trace, destroying memories of witnesses to their crimes, and even going so far as to eliminate their own memories of their assignments.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTP

You Areimir My Secrecy. My Advantage. My Guild.The House Dimir seeks to control Ravnica from the shadows, gathering intelligence until the time is right for their agents to strike.

I play Dimir lol

# [Dimir mill cipher](http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-mill-cipher/)

This is a real deck, it is sitting right next to me

WALMART

I guided my results to what I play IRL, The Boros Legion - White/Red.

ReflecTcelfeR

Dimir.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I guided my results to what I play IRL, The Boros Legion - White/Red.

Cheating!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Orzhov

My Consecration. My Commerce. My Guild.

Extortion and backroom dealings are all in a day’s work for the Orzhov Syndicate, where everything has a price and strings are always attached.

The Orzhov guild is founded on the beliefs that wealth is power, that structure breeds wealth, and that guilt creates structure. The guild is run like a combination religion, credit-lending agency, and crime syndicate. An ostentatious hierarchy of priests, enforcers, and ghostly councilors rules over a congregation of guilt-bound loyalists, indebted undead, and thrull servants. Many Orzhov guild members truly believe that their rule is necessary for making Ravnica the best it can be, and they are unscrupulous in their methods of seizing power. Most Ravnicans see the Orzhov for the corrupt organization they are, but many are lured in by their promises of wealth, prestige, and longevity.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Cheating!
    In the name of justice!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Orzhov

My Consecration. My Commerce. My Guild.

Extortion and backroom dealings are all in a day’s work for the Orzhov Syndicate, where everything has a price and strings are always attached.

The Orzhov guild is founded on the beliefs that wealth is power, that structure breeds wealth, and that guilt creates structure. The guild is run like a combination religion, credit-lending agency, and crime syndicate. An ostentatious hierarchy of priests, enforcers, and ghostly councilors rules over a congregation of guilt-bound loyalists, indebted undead, and thrull servants. Many Orzhov guild members truly believe that their rule is necessary for making Ravnica the best it can be, and they are unscrupulous in their methods of seizing power. Most Ravnicans see the Orzhov for the corrupt organization they are, but many are lured in by their promises of wealth, prestige, and longevity.
    Eerie.