User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 309

  1. #111
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Just finished it; I scored 10.

    It claims that a score of 22 and more along with episodes of clinical depression are required to fit close to their 80% accuracy rate of bi-polar.
    So you're basically just polar.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #112
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    So you're basically just polar.
    I'll become bear in a bit!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #113
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Thanks. But then again, that's the way these tests have been organized for a long long time. John's 25quiz is overly absolute.
    Yeah. I feel like all the tests have some fatal flaws and could be greatly improved. I wish I knew how. And I agree with the person who pointed out that they conflate emotion with feeling. For instance, a person with feeling as an inferior function who is under stress will frequently be influenced by emotion, s/he just will behave as an underdeveloped and less functional version of the type for which the function is dominant.

    If you believe in CF theory, which I know you don't. But regardless, feeling is not emotion- it's just loosely correlated with it.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah. I feel like all the tests have some fatal flaws and could be greatly improved. I wish I knew how. And I agree with the person who pointed out that they conflate emotion with feeling. For instance, a person with feeling as an inferior function who is under stress will frequently be influenced by emotion, s/he just will behave as an underdeveloped and less functional version of the type for which the function is dominant.

    If you believe in CF theory, which I know you don't. But regardless, feeling is not emotion- it's just loosely correlated with it.
    I know that without knowing what CF theory is. But correlated? Only if you mean by sloppy thinking.

    I correlate Si/Fi with feeling (of different kinds), and Fe/Se with emotions.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #115
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah. I feel like all the tests have some fatal flaws and could be greatly improved. I wish I knew how. And I agree with the person who pointed out that they conflate emotion with feeling. For instance, a person with feeling as an inferior function who is under stress will frequently be influenced by emotion, s/he just will behave as an underdeveloped and less functional version of the type for which the function is dominant.

    If you believe in CF theory, which I know you don't. But regardless, feeling is not emotion- it's just loosely correlated with it.
    I came up with a lot of different kinds of hits for "CF theory." (Cystic-fibrosis, Crystal field, etc.)
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #116
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I know that without knowing what CF theory is. But correlated? Only if you mean by sloppy thinking.

    I correlate Si/Fi with feeling (of different kinds), and Fe/Se with emotions.
    No I meant the first part, about stress and the inferior function being about cognitive functions. It's obvious feeling =/= emotion (only ~emotion).

    Well, think about it: everything is based to some extent on emotion, because it's our instinctual reaction to our environment. It gauges the quality of relationships. Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions. Values and social connections are based on emotional attachments. Emotion is necessary for Feeling (both Fe and Fi, and Feeling in general), but not for Thinking in the strictly logical sense, although it is necessary for judgements based on objective values. So emotion is still more associated with Feeling.

    (Social relationships & values) --> emotional attachments
    Feeling--> emotion

    (--> = is a necessary condition for)

  7. #117
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No I meant the first part, about stress and the inferior function being about cognitive functions. It's obvious feeling =/= emotion (only ~emotion).

    Well, think about it: everything is based to some extent on emotion, because it's our instinctual reaction to our environment. It gauges the quality of relationships. Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions. Values and social connections are based on emotional attachments. Emotion is necessary for Feeling (both Fe and Fi, and Feeling in general), but not for Thinking in the strictly logical sense, although it is necessary for judgements based on objective values. So emotion is still more associated with Feeling.

    (Social relationships & values) --> emotional attachments
    Feeling--> emotion

    (--> = is a necessary condition for)
    So you meant JCF, not CF. I have no problem with JCF. But it's not the MBTI, they are separate systems and should remain separated. But everybody here conflates the two into a single mongrel system of typology. And whenever they see something MBTI-related that's not this mongrel someone pulled out of their ass, it must be wrong because it's not what they're used to seeing.

    By the way, you contradicted yourself by affirming both "Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions" and "Feeling--> [is a necessary condition for] emotion".
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #118
    philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    By the way, you contradicted yourself by affirming both "Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions" and "Feeling--> [is a necessary condition for] emotion".
    No I meant it in the (formal) logical sense: A--> B means B is a necessary condition for A. I assumed you would know this being Ti dom. Sorry for not being clear.

  9. #119
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    No I meant it in the (formal) logical sense: A--> B means B is a necessary condition for A. I assumed you would know this being Ti dom. Sorry for not being clear.
    I can play that game too. A--> B means that A implies B, not that B is a necessary condition for A.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #120
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    94% INTP

Similar Threads

  1. MMDI MBTI Test
    By beyondaurora in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
  2. [MBTItm] So I did the MBTI test in reverse....
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 02:41 PM
  3. difficulty with MBTI tests
    By jnick1972 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 06:49 AM
  4. NEW MBTI TEST
    By meanlittlechimp in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
  5. MBTI test in Chinese?
    By unagi in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 01:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO