MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Just finished it; I scored 10.

It claims that a score of 22 and more along with episodes of clinical depression are required to fit close to their 80% accuracy rate of bi-polar.
    So you're basically just polar.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    So you're basically just polar.
    I'll become bear in a bit!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Thanks. But then again, that's the way these tests have been organized for a long long time. John's 25quiz is overly absolute.
    Yeah. I feel like all the tests have some fatal flaws and could be greatly improved. I wish I knew how. And I agree with the person who pointed out that they conflate emotion with feeling. For instance, a person with feeling as an inferior function who is under stress will frequently be influenced by emotion, s/he just will behave as an underdeveloped and less functional version of the type for which the function is dominant.

If you believe in CF theory, which I know you don't. But regardless, feeling is not emotion- it's just loosely correlated with it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah. I feel like all the tests have some fatal flaws and could be greatly improved. I wish I knew how. And I agree with the person who pointed out that they conflate emotion with feeling. For instance, a person with feeling as an inferior function who is under stress will frequently be influenced by emotion, s/he just will behave as an underdeveloped and less functional version of the type for which the function is dominant.

If you believe in CF theory, which I know you don't. But regardless, feeling is not emotion- it's just loosely correlated with it.
    I know that without knowing what CF theory is. But correlated? Only if you mean by sloppy thinking.

I correlate Si/Fi with feeling (of different kinds), and Fe/Se with emotions.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I came up with a lot of different kinds of hits for "CF theory." (Cystic-fibrosis, Crystal field, etc.)

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I know that without knowing what CF theory is. But correlated? Only if you mean by sloppy thinking.

I correlate Si/Fi with feeling (of different kinds), and Fe/Se with emotions.
    No I meant the first part, about stress and the inferior function being about cognitive functions. It's obvious feeling =/= emotion (only ~emotion).

Well, think about it: everything is based to some extent on emotion, because it's our instinctual reaction to our environment. It gauges the quality of relationships. Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions. Values and social connections are based on emotional attachments. Emotion is necessary for Feeling (both Fe and Fi, and Feeling in general), but not for Thinking in the strictly logical sense, although it is necessary for judgements based on objective values. So emotion is still more associated with Feeling.

(Social relationships & values) --> emotional attachments
    Feeling--> emotion

(--> = is a necessary condition for)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No I meant the first part, about stress and the inferior function being about cognitive functions. It's obvious feeling =/= emotion (only ~emotion).

Well, think about it: everything is based to some extent on emotion, because it's our instinctual reaction to our environment. It gauges the quality of relationships. Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions. Values and social connections are based on emotional attachments. Emotion is necessary for Feeling (both Fe and Fi, and Feeling in general), but not for Thinking in the strictly logical sense, although it is necessary for judgements based on objective values. So emotion is still more associated with Feeling.

(Social relationships & values) --> emotional attachments
    Feeling--> emotion

(--> = is a necessary condition for)
    So you meant JCF, not CF. I have no problem with JCF. But it's not the MBTI, they are separate systems and should remain separated. But everybody here conflates the two into a single mongrel system of typology. And whenever they see something MBTI-related that's not this mongrel someone pulled out of their ass, it must be wrong because it's not what they're used to seeing.

By the way, you contradicted yourself by affirming both "Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions" and "Feeling--> [is a necessary condition for] emotion".

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

By the way, you contradicted yourself by affirming both "Feeling judgments and values wouldn't exist without emotions" and "Feeling--> [is a necessary condition for] emotion".
    No I meant it in the (formal) logical sense: A--> B means B is a necessary condition for A. I assumed you would know this being Ti dom. Sorry for not being clear.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

No I meant it in the (formal) logical sense: A--> B means B is a necessary condition for A. I assumed you would know this being Ti dom. Sorry for not being clear.
    I can play that game too. A--> B means that A implies B, not that B is a necessary condition for A.

WALMART

94% INTP