User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Your score: 24

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I don't like this test. It doesn't matter what I scored in empathy, it only matters that it's really obvious to see how to score high. And to do so requires a predictive, pretentious, presumptuous mind-set that I really try to resist.

Let's look at a couple of questions here:

58. I am good at predicting what someone will do.

Now, if you say you strongly agree with that, it raises your empathy score. In my mind, it's ballsy to say you strongly agree. It diminishes the individual to a behavioural equation, and I don't like that kind of thinking.

1. I can easily tell if someone else wants to enter a conversation.

Again, same answer. If I answer strongly agree, I am presuming to know what people want, not actually know what they want. If you start talking to someone, of course they will likely speak back. This does not mean they wish to converse.

29. I can't always see why someone should have felt offended by a remark.

Answering this as slightly disagree vs strongly disagree again commits the error of presumption. But it raises your empathy score! I've met a lot of people who think they KNOW this stuff, but in reality, they simply project their own answers over top of another person and run with that.

Who goes to the trouble of actually asking? That would indicate a higher empathy, to me.
    I get a similar impression from many/most tests/questionnaires, either free or pro [even paid].

It brings several things to my awareness, like questioning "why am I taking this quiz/test" and the realization of the unconscious laziness of delegating self responsibility to an external source - "if I'm told I'm XYZ then I can discard responsibility for myself and just chalk it all up to a greater power I can't control" which inevitably stems from fear of actually facing oneself.

Evidently, even if one is willing to do such introspective calibration, it's not always easy/possible/clear, where/how to start, and it can be useful to have some guidance/pointers. That'd be the "healthy" m.o. and take away from seeking such testing/why we all come into typology to begin with, right?

Which then takes us back to the beginning, and the inevitable and necessary deposit of trust that such undertaking requires, be it in a person with professional training or some quiz, which may seldom be justified either by visible/critic- able results or by their underlying falsehood/inconsistency and subsequent misdirection they can cause.

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

35. Not super high.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

offtopic:
    i saw on the 2nd episode of Hannibal and at some point the Dr. says smthg like "he has pure empathy", after i took this test, it makes me wonder what that means

MBTI
    E..P
    Enneagram
    728 sx/so
    Socionics
    ?

Your score: 29
    0 - 32 = low (most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20)
    33 - 52 = average (most women score about 47 and most men score about 42)
    53 - 63 is above average
    64 - 80 is very high
    80 is maximum
    Huh? Well, I'm not very good at social awareness and many questions were about that. How's that empathy related anyway? I don't think I'm super empathic but average perhaps.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

46: just average.

But once again, it's difficult to really balance this test.
    When it asks if I am reactive when I see an animal in pain, yes, I can be 100% sure of my answer.
    On the other hand, when it asks if I can decipher what others are thinking about... well, it's subjective. I guess I can, but who knows? I could be wrong.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1 so/sx

58. Fear me! I know how you feel!
    A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions. - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    bad

The shitty test just for F's and who like CLAIM themselves are sympathetic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

The last time I took this I got 76 and I'll stick with that result because I quite like it.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so