First 1234 Last

Thread: The Big five

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

@Jaguar
    You're ENTP right?

Openness is sort of S/N, conscientiousness is P/J, Agreeableness is F/T. Neuroticism is the self-confidance level.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Results
    O:59
    C:6
    E:1
    A:1
    N:96

Is there a correlation between this and MBTI?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

There's a nice chart of MBTI/Big 5 correlations here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-B...cator#Big_Five

Extraversion/Extroversion correlates closely (0.74), Openness correlates closely to iNtution (0.72)... the other correlations are weaker with Agreeableness correlating to Feeling (0.44) and Conscientiousness correlating to Judging (0.49).

Neuroticism isn't represented on the MBTI, and mostly represents frequently experiencing negative emotional states or emotional volatility. The Revised NEO and OCEAN instruments give the following subscales for Neuroticism:

• Anxiety
    • Hostility/Anger
    • Depression
    • Self-Consciousness
    • Impulsiveness/Immoderation
    • Vulnerability to Stress/Vulnerability

to give a bit of the flavor of the Neuroticism sub-scale.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Openness to Experience/Intellect
    You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 95)

Conscientiousness
    You probably have a messy desk! (Your percentile: 10)

Extraversion
    You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone. (Your percentile: 4)

Agreeableness
    You tend to consider the feelings of others. (Your percentile: 79)

Neuroticism
    You tend to become anxious or nervous. (Your percentile: 60)
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm a O90-C35-E22-A8-N49 Big Five!!

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
    You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways. (Your percentile: 90)

Conscientiousness
    High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
    You tend to do things somewhat haphazardly. (Your percentile: 35)

Extraversion
    High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
    You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 22)

Agreeableness
    High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
    You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 8)

Neuroticism
    High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
    You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm. (Your percentile: 49)

Pretty accurate, tbh.

Good test, too.

ETA: the only thing on here that couldn't shift much, depending on the questions asked and how I choose to answer them is the Openness stuff -- I will always hit pretty much the top on that. My Conscientiousness could probably go up, as I can be extremely organized in certain ways, and when I get into that mode. My Extroversion could go up, if the questions were asked a bit differently (I'm naturally an introvert, despite what people on here who have never met me think [note: the people who have met me all note that I am, or at least that I'm not simply an extrovert {they'll say it's hard to tell, or that I seem ambiverted}], and have just taught/forced myself, consciously, since a young age, to be more extroverted [out of a desire to accomplish my ambitions in life]). I can actually be pretty damn Agreeable, but, at the same time, it's true that I am naturally extremely critical (sometimes I say what I think, but I always think it; frankly, I think it's pretty damn agreeable how much I put my hand over my mouth for the sake of day-to-day interaction). My Neuroticism score is probably pretty good, as I can be somewhat neurotic; what kept it lower than it might otherwise be is that, in crisis situations, while I may tend to get nervous, in a sense, I'm actually usually the most level-headed, wits-about-me, in-control person there -- as such, I didn't know how to respond to that prompt, and went slightly towards the calm side (iirc) -- it's a matter of knowing how to use that nervous energy, which is largely natural to crisis/emergency situations, for positive, by taking effective action, or simply freaking out like a spazz and crying/whatever. All in all, I tried to answer for how I am, naturally, not how I choose to adjust my personality, in order to be more effective in the world. Which style of answering they were looking for, I'm not sure.

MBTI
    INFP

You typically don't seek out new experiences. (Your percentile: 59)

I'm trying something new tonight! SeaFit group pilates. Definitely out of the norm for me, though, them group thangs.

Conscientiousness
    You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon. (Your percentile: 92)

Extraversion
    You tend to shy away from social situations. (Your percentile: 31)

Agreeableness
    You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 17)

Neuroticism
    You are a generally anxious person and tend to worry about things. (Your percentile: 90)

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

According to this bullshit test I would be an ESTJ if it were matched with MBTI. Funny stuff my friends, funny stuff!

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
    You prefer traditional and familiar experiences. (Your percentile: 16)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
    You are well-organized, and are reliable. (Your percentile: 64)

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.
    You are relatively social and enjoy the company of others. (Your percentile: 64)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
    You find it easy to criticize others. (Your percentile: 8)

Neuroticism

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
    You probably remain calm, even in tense situations. (Your percentile: 18)

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It doesn't allow someone to predict behavior as well as the mbti though.
    I never thought MBTI was all that valuable in predicting behavior. What sort of predictions can you cast about someone's behavior by using MBTI? Many of these so-called "predictions" are exaggerated to the point where they degenerate into absurdities.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I've done this before, but I want to do it again.

O: 93 You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.
    C: 46 You are neither organized or disorganized.
    E: 42 You are neither particularly social or reserved.
    A: 17 You find it easy to criticize others.
    N: 14 You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.

(So XNTX?) I think I'm a little more agreeable than that, and a little more neurotic. But I am a pretty calm person. My stress remains on the inside until inferior Fe starts acting up.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp

O4-C89-E2-A79-N55

Openness to experience: 4th percentile. "You prefer traditional and familiar experiences."
    Conscientiousness: 89th percentile. "You are very well-organized, and can be relied upon."
    Extroversion: 2nd percentile. "You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone."
    Agreeableness: 79th percentile. "You tend to consider the feelings of others."
    Neuroticism: 55th percentile. "You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm."

I'd say this is accurate for me. I remember reading about the Big Five in my psychology 101 class last semester. Very interesting.

Si-Ti loop ISFJ
    6w5 sp
    Lawful Neutral
    House Tully