User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Personal Religion, by Kierkegaard
    52% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 25% Religion, 57% Freedom, 76% Individuality, 29% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
    You scored highest on the variable Individuality. Individuality was an important part of Kierkegaard's philosophy.

Søren Kierkegaard, 1813- 1855, Denmark.

Kierkegaard thought true religion should be found within yourself and not in uniformity. He did not oppose Christianity, but he opposed the Christian Church. The Church preached faith for the masses by rituals and generalization, which makes one lose its identity and leads to despair. True peace can only be found within yourself. As more and more people claim to have a personal belief/religion instead of conforming to a church, I think Kierkegaard was ahead of his time.

Sniffles

Can't argue with my results.
    Proof God Exists, by Augustine
    40% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 75% Religion, 35% Freedom, 38% Individuality, 38% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
    You scored highest on the variable Religion. Religion was an important part of Augustine's philosophy.

Saint Augustine, 354 – 430, Algeria.

Augustine was famous for his completely theoretical proofs of God's existence, which don't make very much sense to us now.
    Although the Ontological Argument is more famously associated with St. Anselm, not St. Augustine.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

the Scala Naturae by Aristotle

68% Nature, 38% Rationalism, 40% Religion, 57% Freedom, 38% Individuality, 38% Power and 48% Uncertainty!
    mkay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Your result for The which philosophy suits your personality? Test ...
    Synthetic Perception, by Kant
    44% Nature, 46% Rationalism, 35% Religion, 39% Freedom, 52% Individuality, 29% Power and 72% Uncertainty!
    You didn't have the highest score in any of the 7 variables, or a score above 53% that's why Kant should suit you, he was a very broadly ranged philosopher. This is probably the hardest idea you could have gotten, but hey, I'm sure that's no problem for you!

Immanuel Kant, 1724 - 1804, Prussia (former Germany, now Russia)

The idea of synthetic perception is common knowledge now, but was quite revolutionary at the time. Until the 17th century it was usual to create great theories in your head, without even looking at the world or doing experiments. Later it was argued your mind is like a blank sheet and only your experiences create knowledge.

Kant said both were wrong (or right). The world around us provides us with things we sense. It is our mind though that uses this information and gives it order in space and time, allowing us to comprehend it. So we need both our minds and our senses to gain knowledge.

Your result for The which philosophy suits your personality? Test ...
    Cogito Ergo Sum, by Descartes
    75% Rationalism, 60% Uncertainty, 48% Individuality, 45% Religion, 44% Nature, 26% Freedom, and 21% Power!

You scored highest on the variable Rationalism.
    Rationalism was an important part of Descartes' philosophy.

René Descartes, 1596 - 1650, France.

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Riva

40% Nature, 71% Rationalism, 50% Religion, 39% Freedom, 57% Individuality, 58% Power and 40% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Rationalism.
    Rationalism was an important part of Descartes' philosophy.

René Descartes, 1596 - 1650, France.

The phrase he is most famous for is Cogito Ergo Sum which means "I think therefore I am". Before Descartes, philosophy and theology were pretty much the same thing. But for the first time he didn't start with God in his reasoning, he started with humans. This was quite revolutionary at the time and caused an "explosion" in philosophy and science. We became the center of reasoning instead of god. Which implied there is nothing we won't be able to find out/understand in time.
    So how would you want your brilliant philosophical idea to be?

My idea will tell what people already know, but couldn’t put into words - is the answer I selected.

Rene makes sense from it from the little that I know of him. Though it is who I am rather than what I want my brilliant philosophical idea to be.

I put things in to words.

MBTI
    INFJ

Personal Religion

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Existentialism, by Sartre

You scored highest on the variable Freedom. Freedom was an important part of Sartre's philosophy.

Jean-Paul Sartre, 1905 – 1980, France.

Sartre does not believe in unknowable or underlying truths or meanings. The only thing we can be sure of is that we die. Which gives us an incredible amount of freedom, to choose what we want to believe and how we want to live our lives. But if there's no meaning and we die anyway, this all seems futile. Kind of depressing, but it should make you live your life to the fullest!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    INFJ

the Scala Naturae by Aristotle

68% Nature, 58% Rationalism, 45% Religion, 43% Freedom, 52% Individuality, 33% Power and 44% Uncertainty!

You scored highest on the variable Nature, Biology was an important part of Aristotle's philosophy.

Aristotle, 384 BC – 322 BC, Greece

Aristotle created the foundations of Nature. He introduced the idea that nature is composed of things that change and that studying such changes can provide useful knowledge of underlying constants. Also he believed that creatures were arranged in a graded scale of perfection rising from plants on up to man, the scala naturae.

It's not an evolution theory yet, but a good start.
    "There's no reason to change what you are, but if you're not being you, then you need to acknowledge that." ~Marilyn Manson