• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yet another Emotional Intelligence (Social Awareness) Test

ygolo

My termites win
http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/ei_quiz/

Your Score: 17/20

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

This one just tests how well you read faces. Some of the pictures seemed faked/acted out, but most seemed genuine.

Is it bad that the ones I missed were compassion, love, and embarrassment?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
18/20. Did much better than I thought. Usually I suck at the emotion reading tests. I also missed love and compassion.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
15/20. Probably would have got a better score if I had taken more than 2 seconds per face.

By the way, those faces were hilariously overdone.

Within

Permabanned
Your Score: 19/20

Wow. You've got an exceptional ability to read other people and understand what they're feeling. It's a great skill to have in a friend (and a poker player). Your score puts you in the upper echelons of emotional intelligence, yet research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

Missed out on embarrassment.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All of the ones I missed were the blond guy. I don't understand him.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
14/20.

Seems correct, I hardly ever look at people directly, so ive never given myself enough experience or practise on reading faces.

Most of my answers were guesses.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
14/20

Can anyone read this face? :cry:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
14/20.

Seems correct, I hardly ever look at people directly, so ive never given myself enough experience or practise on reading faces.

Most of my answers were guesses.

Same goes for me, but I got a 13/20

And that blond guy was a little hard to read.

W

WhoCares

18/20, apparently INTJs are pretty good with the EI thing....do we call that irony or something else? I found the blonde guy the most obvious but got two of the women wrong.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Your Score: 8/20

You've got some work to do. Your score places you well below average at reading expressions. But don't worry: Research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

Hmm, I better stick with the Steven Seagal chart..

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What ridiculous pics, these people are illustrating overblown FAKE emotions, not REAL emotions.

It's obvious the internal state does not mirror the external facade for each person. Most of the model's eyes are dead of the emotion. Or contradict the "right" answer.

omg, I laughed so hard through the whole thing!

gromit

likes this
I got 12/20.

I couldn't help thinking a lot of the faces indicate the person was straining while on the toilet!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your Score: 9/20

You've got some work to do. Your score places you below average at reading expressions. But don't worry: Research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence

"Empathy training tool" - saints preserve us!

I had to guess on many of these, and wanted to describe some by words that were not an option: curiosity, wariness, pensiveness, etc.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Your Score: 15/20

Not bad. Your score means you're better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.​

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Interesting test...

I thought it was a bit bullshit, cuz, as Peacebaby pointed out, they're acting out emotions as directed, not really experiencing them.

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice.

I found it rather hilarious that the three I got wrong were all from the black people.

(each time, I thought the right answer, then second-guessed, and changed to the wrong answer)

Not surprising I had no problems identifying the asian girl flirting, or being in love with me.

:laugh:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Nice work. You seem naturally well-attuned to others' emotions--a vital skill for forming compassionate connections. You scored well above average but still have room for growth; research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

The ones I got wrong were from the blond guy too. Maybe I should study blonds more.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
II gave up after 3the questions. I dont see context. Anger can stem from pain. Fear can stem from suprise. I had 2 out of 3. One was obvious it was one emotion, the other 2side looked like a combination. I would have classified the "fear" as "oh shit" which is fear/suprise. Suprise and fear was a choice. I may be overcomplicating things, but thats what i see.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I thought it was a bit bullshit, cuz, as Peacebaby pointed out, they're acting out emotions as directed, not really experiencing them.

And that's what the difference is between average actors and great ones imo ... that is what makes them so special. The inner and outer world mesh such that you believe that they are that character. Scary place to go for me, it means I have to live emotions that aren't mine but since they emanate from me I have to then process them as though they are my own.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And that's what the difference is between average actors and great ones imo ... that is what makes them so special. The inner and outer world mesh such that you believe that they are that character. Scary place to go for me, it means I have to live emotions that aren't mine but since they emanate from me I have to then process them as though they are my own.

Sooo true. What's that technique called in acting where the actor prepares for a role by immersing him/herself in the same atmosphere/situation of the character for a while? I like when actors do that. I seem to enjoy their performances more.