User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Sooo true. What's that technique called in acting where the actor prepares for a role by immersing him/herself in the same atmosphere/situation of the character for a while? I like when actors do that. I seem to enjoy their performances more.
    Method acting
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

It is true. I thought a good number of the expressions were overblown or fake. But they are also still shots during emotional responses. I, at least, don't have a lot of experience with still-life emotion.

It is also possible that they were capturing many of the more mundane emotions during a conversation with the person, but then caught contorted or exaggerated expressions that lasted for a fraction of a second during a longer natural looking response.

They probably had to fake things like fear and sadness, unless they were willing to take their subjects into situations that would induce these feelings.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Your Score: 15/20

Not bad. Your score means you're better than the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence.

Hard for me to tell loving, flirtatious expressions
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

I refuse to participate in a quiz that asks me to differentiate between 'shame', 'guilt' and 'embarrassment'. It's all the same thing.

EDIT: And 'flirtatiousness' and 'interest'.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    What ridiculous pics, these people are illustrating overblown FAKE emotions, not REAL emotions.
    Yes.

Thus: 12/20.

Riva

Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Your Score: 13/20

Not bad. Your score places you around the average at reading expressions. And research suggests that people can improve their emotion recognition skills with practice. So keep an eye out for our forthcoming empathy training tool, designed to boost your emotional intelligence. Sign up for our e-newsletter for updates on it.
    All you need to know about the motives behind, and by extension the validity of, this quiz...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    All you need to know about the motives behind, and by extension the validity of, this quiz...
    Don't be such an INTP.

You just had to miss all what it had to offer and find one weakness to satisfy your cynical thirst .

No number of rolleyes smilies could express my contempt--or is it disgust? --for statements like "Don't be such a <Myers-Briggs type>".

Not something directed specifically at you Riva, just a general observation.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    No number of rolleyes smilies could express my contempt--or is it disgust? --for statements like "Don't be such a <Myers-Briggs type>".

Not something directed specifically at you Riva, just a general observation.
    Don't be such a Canadian. Wait that doesn't make any sense. Are Canadians cynical?

I noticed that you've taken your avatar off. Are you planning on taking a leave?