• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Internet Addiction Test

ygolo

My termites win
OK, so not a personality test, but since MMPI-2 really isn't either, I figured I'd give the ling here:
http://netaddiction.com/index.php?option=com_bfquiz&view=onepage&catid=46&Itemid=106

Descriptions:
20 - 49 points: You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.
50 -79 points: You are experiencing occasional or frequent problems because of the Internet. You should consider their full impact on your life.
80 - 100 points: Your Internet usage is causing significant problems in your life. You should evaluate the impact of the Internet on your life and address the problems directly caused by your Internet usage.

----
My score was 36.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Congratulations, your score is: 34

Right now I'm online when I could and probably should be doing other stuff. I also need to eat something, but instead I'm just going through my usual sites, even though they've hardly updated since I last checked.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I scored 17, primarily because I'm single and sort of socially isolated, and a fair number of the questions sort of assume that you're living with other people who might find your online presence annoying. I answered "does not apply" to quite a few of these questions. I do spend a lot of time online, but it's mostly just "nothing better to do relaxation time" -- I'm not really socially tied into anything online. This forum is probably the closest thing to socializing on the internet that I do, and I'd be surprised if more than about 10% of this forum so much as recognized my name :alttongue:.

I will note that it was a little different back when I played MMO's (mostly everquest). The stuff about "thought about being online when I wasn't", and "was sometimes anxious when offline" were more applicable then, whereas today that simply doesn't apply, other than in rare/minor instances of waiting for an email, etc.

But now? Now I need to go to home depot, pick up some RoundUp, and get to work de-grassifying my driveway and front walkway. Um, bleh. But not online :p.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got 48.

20 - 49 points: You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Scored 25. It probably could be higher.

It's true though, I'm not an internet addict. I'm a computer addict. There is a difference.

Pinker85

i just looked at the questions and knew i would probably score as highly addicted. the main draw of the internet is having knowledge/novelty readily available 24/7. how many tabs are currently open? oh like 30?! i can live without internet, ive done it for long stretches before, but when its an option . . . i get easily addicted.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Congratulations, your score is: 65

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I spend the majority of my time in front of a computer. It's a part of work, and it's how I relax. Even so, 37.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I consider it to be much more of a problem than the test does.

Working On It

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Why isn't "Never" an option? "Rarely" is the closest answer a disciplined person can answer, which in many cases didn't accurately apply.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
How often do others in your life complain to you about the amount of time you spend on-line?

Rarely. There aren't other people in my life. Am I doing it right? :D

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
34. This test is so 1996. It doesn't account for the seamless connection between a physical social network and an online one. And 'logging-on' sounds so antiquated. I loled at this question:

10. How often do you block out disturbing thoughts about your life with soothing thoughts of the Internet?

Soothing, soothing Internet.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Soothing, soothing Internet.

*snort* The thing is that I answered 'Often' to that, because I consider my daily gaming as a form of escapism. And therefore 'soothing internet blocking out disturbing thoughts'. For a few hours a day, my mere mortal problems cannot plague me FOR I AM A POWERFUL DEMON HUNTER WHO HAS BESTED EVEN DIABLO, THE MIGHTIEST OF FOES.

I lead an exciting life.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I got 25, but I spend most of my time on the PC still.