User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: MMPI-2

  1. #41
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It sounds like you need to take a gander at this page: http://www.beat-the-mmpi.com/beat-the-mmpi2.htm
    So you've got some interesting sources here...and it seems like there really should be a tool on the test page that outputs the info in graph format. Otherwise, it becomes more difficult to interpret.

    In the source in the quoted text, I found the thing that I disagree with.

    VRIN scale - Questions that relate to this scale are designed to ensure you give a different reply to opposite ideas, and similar answers to questions asked a different way. E.g.

    Q3 I wake up Fresh and restored in the Mornings
    Q39 My sleep is fitful and disturbed

    Q9 My daily life is full of things that keep me interested
    Q56 I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be
    What?? What kind of a load of bunk is this? Just because I don't wake up "fresh and restored in the morning" (who does?), doesn't mean that "my sleep is fitful and disturbed." The same could be said for the other pair.

    This test seems to be treated as something pretty legit, from what I've read about it. However, I do not understand why I can't treat the questions differently if they are asking slightly different things.

    It didn't give me any examples for the Fb scale, but I'm sure I could argue with those also.

  2. #42
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It sounds like you need to take a gander at this page: http://www.beat-the-mmpi.com/beat-the-mmpi2.htm
    So you've got some interesting sources here...and it seems like there really should be a tool on the test page that outputs the info in graph format. Otherwise, it becomes more difficult to interpret.

    In the source in the quoted text, I found the thing that I disagree with.

    VRIN scale - Questions that relate to this scale are designed to ensure you give a different reply to opposite ideas, and similar answers to questions asked a different way. E.g.

    Q3 I wake up Fresh and restored in the Mornings
    Q39 My sleep is fitful and disturbed

    Q9 My daily life is full of things that keep me interested
    Q56 I wish I could be as happy as others seem to be
    What?? What kind of a load of bunk is this? Just because I don't wake up "fresh and restored in the morning" (who does?), doesn't mean that "my sleep is fitful and disturbed." The same could be said for the other pair.

    This test seems to be treated as something pretty legit, from what I've read about it. However, I do not understand why I can't treat the questions differently if they are asking slightly different things.

    It didn't give me any examples for the Fb scale, but I'm sure I could argue with those also.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So you've got some interesting sources here...and it seems like there really should be a tool on the test page that outputs the info in graph format. Otherwise, it becomes more difficult to interpret.

    In the source in the quoted text, I found the thing that I disagree with.



    What?? What kind of a load of bunk is this? Just because I don't wake up "fresh and restored in the morning" (who does?), doesn't mean that "my sleep is fitful and disturbed." The same could be said for the other pair.

    This test seems to be treated as something pretty legit, from what I've read about it. However, I do not understand why I can't treat the questions differently if they are asking slightly different things.

    It didn't give me any examples for the Fb scale, but I'm sure I could argue with those also.
    I'm sure you could. However, it requires a high percentage of "positive" hits before it looks like you're "faking bad" or simply "responding randomly." I'm sure they've had their share of respondents who've just answered all true or all false.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #44
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's okay, it says I'm an obvious psychopathic deviate.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's okay, it says I'm an obvious psychopathic deviate.
    Ok I'll byte. What was your score on that scale?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #46
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Well, the thing is that the questions aren't simply repeated...they're worded differently. I treat the meanings as slightly different depending on the wording of the question. So then I end up not always answering the "same."

    Also do you know what "repression" is supposed to mean?
    I finally discovered what the MMPI means by "repression":

    "Introverted, internalizing individuals who have adopted careful and cautious lifestyles."
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #47
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,772
    Last edited by prplchknz; 07-26-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #48
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,121

    Default

    hypomania 84
    authority problems 84
    social imperturbability 65
    social alienation 65
    amorality 79
    imperturbability 75
    social avoidance 74
    antisocial practices 75
    macandrew alcoholism scale-revised 67
    addiction acknowledgement 67
    masculine gender role 72
    hypomania obvious 76
    hypomania subtle 67
    antisocial behavior 71
    aggressiveness 66
    disconstraint 86
    explosive behavior 69
    antisocial attitudes 67
    antisocial behavior 81
    introversion 82
    inability to disclose 68


    I thought that my answers were pretty normal

    apparently I'm set to be a cheerful criminal who calmly does evil deeds
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  9. #49
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,961

    Default

    Oh god the MMPI. I was given this in 2009 when I was exibiting signs of schizophrenia (it was just somatoform symptoms spawned from severe stress and self-imposed psychological pressure). I didn't know at the time why they gave it to me, it just seemed rather perculiar compared to other tests I was given. Anyway, for old times sake:

    Scores of 65 or higher (meaning significant):

    Sc - Schizophrenia - 67
    D2 - Psychomotor Retardation - 65
    D3 - Physical Malfunctioning - 67
    Pa2 - Poignancy - 69
    Do - Dominance - 65

    Scores of 35 of lower (anti-significant?):

    Pd2 - Authority Problems - 35
    SOD - Social Discomfort - 35
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

    Likes prplchknz liked this post

  10. #50
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    The Short Form is still over 300 questions? Well, I guess that's relatively short, but...

    > 65

    Hypomania 82
    Hypomania, Obvoius 78
    Lack of Ego Mastery, Defective Inhibition 75
    Schizophrenia 74
    Psychotic Symptomatology 74
    Aberrant Experiences 73
    Inhibition of Aggression 71
    Psychathenia 70
    Psychomotor Acceleration 68
    Lack of Ego Mastery, Cognitive 66
    Psychomotor Retardation 65

    < 35

    MacAndrew Alcoholism Scale-Revised 32
    Negative Emotionality / Neuroticism 31


    .. pretty much, yeah. Hypomanic and proud of it. Whatup now, MMPI?

    Though I have no idea how Sc5 got all up in there.

    Apparently I'm a clumsy, happy-go-lucky guy who's led an unconventional but alcohol-free life.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Similar Threads

  1. Took the MMPI... what do my results mean?
    By valjean24601 in forum Other Personality Systems
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-04-2016, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO