User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: MMPI-2

your resident asshole

These results are basically invalidated by my very high "Backside F" score (indicates "faking" on the second half of the test) and mildly high of the other faking scors. To be fair, I took breaks throughout taking the test because it is so freaking long.

I am unsure what the "repression" score indicates.

Edit: Ok, I am using Mal+'s source to interpret the values.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    These results are basically invalidated by my very high "Backside F" score (indicates "faking" on the second half of the test) and mildly high of the other faking scors. To be fair, I took breaks throughout taking the test because it is so freaking long.

I am unsure what the "repression" score indicates.

Edit: Ok, I am using Mal+'s source to interpret the values.
    It's not faking per se, the second half of the test repeats statements from the first half. If you put false the first time, and true the second time for the same question, then that throws the entire test into question, but if you took the test over a period of time, then I don't know - perhaps you have an unstable sense of self-identity.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    It's not faking per se, the second half of the test repeats statements from the first half. If you put false the first time, and true the second time for the same question, then that throws the entire test into question, but if you took the test over a period of time, then I don't know - perhaps you have an unstable sense of self-identity.
    Well, the thing is that the questions aren't simply repeated...they're worded differently. I treat the meanings as slightly different depending on the wording of the question. So then I end up not always answering the "same."

Also do you know what "repression" is supposed to mean?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I just answered and interpreted a jillion questions to hear what my mother could have told me in a minute's phone call: that I am too hard on myself. Sincerity is high, but pathology reported is unrealistically dismal.

If I were to be trusted: I am an oversensitive person who populates her world with self-fulfilling anxious hazards. I repress my aggression and would benefit from getting in touch with my dominant side. Yeah, these are accurate to the things I criticize myself on the hardest, but at better times, I do realize that while my concerns have some basis in reality, I am not nearly that weak on a regular basis or in people's eyes other than my own. So: test worked fine for me.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well, the thing is that the questions aren't simply repeated...they're worded differently. I treat the meanings as slightly different depending on the wording of the question. So then I end up not always answering the "same."

Also do you know what "repression" is supposed to mean?
    Repression is the forcing of undesired emotions out of consciousness so that they are never experienced. Repression leads to somatic complaints (that is, physical problems such as headaches and stomach aches), as well as behavioral changes (for example, hoarding).

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    I just answered and interpreted a jillion questions to hear what my mother could have told me in a minute's phone call: that I am too hard on myself. Sincerity is high, but pathology reported is unrealistically dismal.

If I were to be trusted: I am an oversensitive person who populates her world with self-fulfilling anxious hazards.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-ways-w...-adversity_p2/
    Into everyone's life a little rain must fall, but these people have that constant cloud overhead keeping them wet and downtrodden, and it seems like nothing will ever fix it. And the longer you hang out with them and interact with them, the more you realize that their position in life seems to be a solid 30 percent bad luck and 70 percent self-inflicted bullshit.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Repression is the forcing of undesired emotions out of consciousness so that they are never experienced. Repression leads to somatic complaints (that is, physical problems such as headaches and stomach aches), as well as behavioral changes (for example, hoarding).
    Well that's really odd then, considering I only remember picking one somatic "symptom" and maybe one or two behavioral "symptoms."

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well that's really odd then, considering I only remember picking one somatic "symptom" and maybe one or two behavioral "symptoms."
    Those would be in their own category. I think there's a key somewhere indicating which statements indicate repression or whatnot.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It sounds like you need to take a gander at this page: http://www.beat-the-mmpi.com/beat-the-mmpi2.htm

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti