User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: MMPI-2

MBTI
    INFP

Holy shit.. are you sure its 65+ being cause for concern

How can schizophrenia be above 100, im pretty sure i answered false to all the questions implying it
    Depression 35 83
    Psychopathic Deviate 30 36 82
    Paranoia 18 79
    Psychathenia 37 51 102
    Schizophrenia 42 56 101
    Social Introversion 56 85
    Subjective Depression 20 85
    Mental Dullness 10 86
    Brooding 10 96
    Lassitude-malaise 11 88
    Social Alienation 9 78 100
    Self-alienation 10 82
    Persecutory Ideas 6 76
    Poignancy 6 76
    Social Alienation 13 92
    Emotional Alienation 8 117
    Lack of Ego Mastery, Cognitive 7 84
    Lack of Ego Mastery, Conative 13 109
    Lack of Ego Mastery, Defective Inhibition 6 82
    Shyness/Self-Consciousness 13 74
    Self/Other Alienation 14 77
    Anxiety 13 67
    Post-traumatic Stress Disorder 36 97
    Post-traumatic Stress Disorder 38 84
    Depression, Obvious 25 90
    Psychopathic Deviate, Obvious 18 82
    Paranoia, Obvious 9 80
    Low Positive Emotions 11 75
    Introversion / Low Positive Emotionality 22 76
    Lack of Drive 6 73
    Dysphoria 5 82
    Self-Depreciation 4 69
    General Health Concerns 4 72
    Introversion 13 73
    Shyness 6 68

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default i'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly...

..but 'm posting the results so I don't lose them, while I look these things up.. I bolded anything above 65, but, again, I'm not sure if I'm reading this properly.

I'm a bit confused about the amorality / psychopathic scores.. I bet that's because I admitted I'd sneak into the cinema if I could get away with it..

Also, the gender-specific things are a bit interesting, but I don't know what they mean. Why'd it say ''undefined'' in the Feminine part?* And why did they keep asking me about flowers?? [*edit* I took the test again, & while the gender thing is still weird, it doesn't say undefined, so, disregard]

Some of these questions have LOT of gray area; I find that ambiguity difficult to reconcile. I expected my self-doubt to be higher, actually. I question myself on a constant basis to try to keep my thoughts, emotions, and reactions in-check, & as harmonious with my perception of objective reality as possible. Actually my overthinking probably affected the score..

I've also been previously diagnosed with PTSD stemming from physical/emotional abuse & trauma in childhood, so again, I'm surprised [but not disappointed] I didn't score higher on that.

Time to rape these results with Ti.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    How can schizophrenia be above 100, im pretty sure i answered false to all the questions implying it
    You probably are so delusional you just don't realize how crazy you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    ..Also, the gender-specific things are a bit interesting, but I don't know what they mean. Why'd it say ''undefined'' in the Feminine part? And why did they keep asking me about flowers??
    Did you choose a gender at the top of the test? If not, you might have been default male. I think my male score was undefined for at least awhile in the test grid, I'm not sure if it ever did show a score for that.

Some of these questions have LOT of gray area; I find that ambiguity difficult to reconcile. I expected my self-doubt to be higher, actually. I question myself on a constant basis to try to keep my thoughts, emotions, and reactions in-check, & as harmonious with my perception of objective reality as possible. Actually my overthinking probably affected the score..
    Honestly, I see it only as a blurry image of potential problems areas with someone. When intepreting the test, the psychiatrist is supposed to compare the results to what they know of the patient, for further exploration, not just make some concrete conclusions based on the results alone.

I mean, really... the questions that were asked were all binary and so picking Yes or No to one might have been a difference of only one percentage point (51% Yes to an answer is scaled the same as a 100% "Hell yeah!" Yes), and then some of the questions are cross-referenced as items that typically can show up in the profile of someone with those issues. It doesn't mean you have those issues to a degree of clinical instability just because you got a certain score.

Time to rape these results with Ti.
    That's the spirit!

I softened 'em up for you, now you need to finish the job. (monster.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

Over 60 for me:

Masculinity-Femininity - Male - 70
    Psychathenia - 62
    Social Introversion - 61
    Subjective Depression - 61
    Brooding - 62
    Inhibition of Aggression - 78
    Poignancy - 69
    Social Discomfort - 60
    Shyness - 68

Only surprises there is scoring particularly "masculine" (me being gay and all). Most of the others have to do with introversion + shyness and tendency towards depression (not that I've been depressed in a long time).

Also, the phrasing of the questions struck me as stilted/dated.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Did you choose a gender at the top of the test? If not, you might have been default male. I think my male score was undefined for at least awhile in the test grid, I'm not sure if it ever did show a score for that.

Honestly, I see it only as a blurry image of potential problems areas with someone. When intepreting the test, the psychiatrist is supposed to compare the results to what they know of the patient, for further exploration, not just make some concrete conclusions based on the results alone.

I mean, really... the questions that were asked were all binary and so picking Yes or No to one might have been a difference of only one percentage point (51% Yes to an answer is scaled the same as a 100% "Hell yeah!" Yes), and then some of the questions are cross-referenced as items that typically can show up in the profile of someone with those issues. It doesn't mean you have those issues to a degree of clinical instability just because you got a certain score.
    Yeah, I did a retake of the test, since I noticed a few misclicks on all those questions.. bound to happen with THAT many questions if you're a sensortard.. it changed my results to some degree. I agree, I imagine these scores don't mean anything necessarily absolute- it'd be up to the professional to apply the results to the patient they're already familiar with, to get a real sense of dimension about the patient.

Also, this test is totally biased, I bet I would've scored higher on the Feminine scale if it had ''I enjoy cats,'' over ''I enjoy children.''

I softened 'em up for you, now you need to finish the job. (monster.)

[Fe quota reached]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Also, this test is totally biased, I bet I would've scored higher on the Feminine scale if it had ''I enjoy cats,'' over ''I enjoy children.''
    In my reading, i saw the gender scale was originally part of the 1948 edition of the test and was supposed to see how "traditionally" male/female you are. Of course, nowadays, does that have any bearing whatsoever on things? At least the tangible trappings of masculininty/femininity have changed a lot over the decades here.

EDIT: I'm also a geek. I bought one of the better "interpretation guides" to the MMPI-2 yesterday on Amazon for $6. (It's normally far more expensive, if new.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Social Introversion - 65
    Authority Problems - 69 (I'll have to see how the heck it determined that)
    Self/Other Alienation - 69
    Cynicism - 72
    Hostility - 66
    Generalized Fearfulness - 74
    Misanthropic Beliefs - 65 (weird)
    Interpersonal Suspiciousness - 73
    Inability to Disclose - 75

the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

What a waste of time...I took it but I don't understand the charts...

Test is too damn long.

Some of the descriptions of the results sound about right but overall it's all a bit too melodramatic. If you were to ask me if I am happy with where I am in life, where I'm going, blah blah blah, I'd give you a simple 'no'. Am I depressed? I would say I have been in the not-so-distant past. I don't think it needs to be fluffed up with suggestions of non-existent somatic illnesses and the like.