• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The One Question MBTI Personality Test

Mike5609

MBTI Type
INTP
A single-choice relatively-few-words question can't be expected to indicate one's MBTI accurately, because putting the question to a group of known-for-sure ABCD types would throw up a distribution of responses and one is doing a 'reverse lookup' of that distribution in posing the question as a means of indicating an individual's Type. It would though be interesting to know for which Type(s) the single question had the highest accuracy.

Improving prediction-strength necessarily requires more input ie (i) more questions or (ii) having the respondent rank the answers to the one question so that negative weights can be attached to the Types associated with disliked choices or (iii) more words in the single multiple-choice question - this gravitates towards self-choosing between full descriptions of the 16 Types or (iv) a combination eg self-choosing from potted Type descriptions would normally throw a good half into the bin pretty well immediately and a good half of the remainder after a little thinking [or a little feeling ;) ], leaving typically three choices from which the final choice is made by administering the appropriate customised test from a library of 1820 four-possibility tests, 560 three-possibility tests and 120 two-possibilty tests.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got ENTP! I imagine a lot of people will get ENTP because of the nature of typeC...

fripping

MBTI Type
nerd
infj

chess is terrible. if video games were on there i would have got it in one.

S

SingSmileShine

I can't choose between imagining how the world could be improved, playing charades, organizing a party, or being president of a club. That makes me either an INFJ, ENFP, ESFJ, or ENTJ.

I'm ENFP, so...yup. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't play chess anymore, so none of the above.

acronach

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it kept telling me im an Se dom :p got it on the 5th try XD

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
After 3, I stopped...
1. ENTP: "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.
2. INTJ: "Scientist". Most self-confident and pragmatic of all the types. Decisions come very easily. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 1% of the total population.
3. ISFP: "Artist". Interested in the fine arts. Expression primarily through action or art form. The senses are keener than in other types. 5% of the total population.

Which one is supposed to be INFP???

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP
INTJ
ISTJ (what?)

PeaceAndMusic

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFP: "Questor". High capacity for caring. Calm and pleasant face to the world. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.

W

WALMART

ISTP: "Attend an art class"?

Not 'build a deck' or 'fix a car'? Hm.