• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Autism Spectrum Quotient

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Looks like the score's 11 for me.

I think, in general, introverts -- especially intuitors -- are going to score higher than extraverts, and men are going to score higher than women. I get the feeling any INTP or INTJ thinkers are always going to score high to very high; my INTP guy friend scores 40, while my INFP man friend scores about 25, I think.

That's not surprising. I've heard several times that Asperger's Syndrome often does culminates into a collection of stereotypically maculine or Thinker-esque behaviorial traits: an interest in ideas and numbers over people, a lowered reaction to human emotion. Introverted Rationals seem to fit this to a T.

Male Brain Theory of Autism

Zelath

MBTI Type
INfP
I got 17 as well, I'm satisfied with the results I suppose.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
21. In the general "I'm not autistic" range. I see patterns and get REALLY into subjects all the time. However, I am highly extroverted and, if I may flatter myself, socially popular and high-functioning.

MerkW

Looks like I have the highest score yet (out of everyone here, that is).

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi

I concentrate deeply and passionately on my interests... but I have many, and they're not weird. Music, equestrianism, nature, visual arts, psychology, hi-tech things and so on.

And I do very well in social situations and enjoy them even though I'm an Introvert ;)

MBTI Type
ENTP

If I were to have a mental/emotional/brain chemical disorder, I'd more likely be an hysteric than someone with autism.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Scored a 24, which is troubling as I had thought my score would have been lower.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
31. I'm feeling pretty good about myself compared to many of the other tests on here. I've definitely developed some weird habits, though.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
31. I'm feeling pretty good about myself compared to many of the other tests on here. I've definitely developed some weird habits, though.

You concisely summed up my situation. Overall I am "normal" but I do have a number of "odd" tendencies.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
You concisely summed up my situation. Overall I am "normal" but I do have a number of "odd" tendencies.

I think mine are more OCD-like and isolation induced than autism related.

I'll pick a shape in my mind, say an 8, and then will have to keep going through that shape with my eyeballs or body (minute movements, unnoticeable to others around). It used to keep me awake at night. It's the same with a circle: trying to make it so small that becomes a dot. I think that's actually impossible (which is very frustrating and wastes a lot of time).

The worst is the complete lack of emotional connection to music and film. That's something that's certainly developed. Where I'll look at little details and completely miss the big picture; the opposite of what I once was.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I think mine are more OCD-like and isolation induced than autism related.

I'll pick a shape in my mind, say an 8, and then will have to keep going through that shape with my eyeballs or body (minute movements, unnoticeable to others around). It used to keep me awake at night. It's the same with a circle: trying to make it so small that becomes a dot. I think that's actually impossible (which is very frustrating and wastes a lot of time).

The worst is the complete lack of emotional connection to music and film. That's something that's certainly developed. Where I'll look at little details and completely miss the big picture; the opposite of what I once was.

Interesting ... sometimes I cannot stop thinking of a particular word, lyric or short phrase. It keeps looping around in my mind. But that usually occurs only when I am stressed or very tired (which, come to think of it, is a form of stress ...)

Also, before I saw the movie Elektra i thought the fact that I tend to count the number of things that I put on a shelf, in a draw, etc was normal. Apparently it is not ...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I got a 13.

I guess I'm unusual around here.

There was a lot of stuff on fiction and imaginary things. I'm very good with imagination stuff. So I guess that's why I scored low?