• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Children's MBTI type tests

nharkey

MBTI Type
INTJ
At www.parentingbytemperament.com we offer MBTI-type tests, entirely free for children ages 4-8 years and 9-12 years, as well as for adults. Child tests are answered by the parent or parents. Just go to the nav bar and click Temperament Sorters.

G

garbage

Cool! If I had a kid, I'd take one for him.

But for now, I'm going to "be bold" and take the adult one.

I got this thing:
Your ratings:
Introversion--Slight
Intuition--Strong
Feeling--Strong
Judging--Clear
I'm pretty impressed with the way the results are laid out--it's very accessible and tells 'newcomers' what the type actually means and how it fits in.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was 8 and took one of these children's tests I got 4 types, each Introverted and Thinking, but it did not say which one. Those were just potential options.

A child taking an adult test definitely could get mistyped, for example, what kind of kid uses paradoxes and metaphors, or what kind of kid makes sure events are coordinated in a timely manner? N and P could easily be misdiagnosed in my opinion. A children's test should hopefully be far more accurate.

As a 10 year old taking an adult test I got ISTP, however the above information puts that typing into question.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took the adult and the child test trying to remember my childhood behavior to the best of ability and the results came out quite different. Most pronounced is the difference between T/F scores.

As a child, I came out ISTJ. Clear on I, slight on S and J and strong on T. As an adult, I get INFJ. Strong I, clear N and F, slight J. So once again, I'm questioning my INTP self-typing.

As a child I was a pretty hardcore T. I said what was on my mind regardless of whether or not it hurt someone's feelings. I was brutally honest, valuing truth over tact and fairness above just about everything else. I also had Asperger syndrome so I would be oblivious to things like social cues, so I may have been an F all along but Aspergers made me look more T. I also valued smartness and competence over niceness. Given the choice today, I'd still prefer to be smart and competent but I do value niceness highly as well.

I'm answering many of the questions that I would have answered T as a child as F today. I've come to be alot more considerate and polite and in general it's more important to be kind to others than to be right. I think gender pressures and environment may have something to do with it. Also I've always been sensitive to what others think of me and get hurt easily by slights. That has not changed.

I've also shifted more towards the N side. As a child, I saw myself as more realistic than imaginative. I preferred more realistic stories to imaginative ones. I preferred facts to theories. I also could have cared less the underlying principles as to why things worked. I just cared that they worked. My teachers would tell me that I was good at memorizing facts but have more trouble when things were less literal and more abstract. I took things too literal and absolutely dreaded things like creative writing. On the other hand, I my parents thought I was creative and had lots of good ideas and my ideas were not always the most practical. I was also future oriented even back then. Sometimes I'd be so absorbed in some idea that I wouldn't see what was going on right in front of me. That part of me has not changed. As an adult though, I'm generally more interested in theories than facts but like both. I love thinking about the possibilities for things and alot more open to change. I've also discovered an interest in fantasy fiction and sci-fi. I still don't get most poetry though.

I was pretty introverted as a child but even more so now. I didn't realize as a child I was introverted but the signs were there. I think sometimes I would have been content eating lunch alone but I always tried to eat lunch with someone else because there was a stigma to eating alone. I remember spending long periods of time alone in my room contentedly on some favorite hobby. There were times where I could be very talkative and outspoken but these were usually on areas of real interest to me or things I felt strongly about. I also didn't like just jumping into new situations and generally thought first before doing something.

The J was and still is a bit iffy. As a child I tried very hard to follow the rules and turn my homework in on time. Yet I was a terrible procrastinator and needed prodding to get motivated. I'm much better today about setting timetables and now I get an early start on projects to avoid the last-minute crunch. As a child I was disorganized with most of belongings and treated them rather carelessly. However I could be excessively organized in areas of interest. For example if I had a collection, that might be meticulously organized. As a child I was rather inflexible about changes in plans. I took plans as definite and I would be upset if there was a change, especially if it was something I looked forward too. This is very different to how I am today. I rarely get upset by changes in plans and usually put some built-in flexibility in plans. Also I'm far more organized with my belongings and while I had a messy room as a child, I can't stand having a messy room as an adult. As a child I saw many things as black or white. Nowdays I see everything in shades of grey.

Is is possible I've mistyped myself?

Some of the ways I was as a child were not at all typical of INTP but then again Asperger syndrome may have made me extra literal and inflexible.

Anyone else get very different test results as a child then as an adult?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The 9-12 year old me was apparently an ENTJ.

idk. I remember being an asshole though.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmm....

Answering for myself at age 5:

•Extraversion--Clear
•Intuition--Very Strong
•Thinking--Strong
•Perceiving--Very Strong

Answering for age 10:

•Introversion--Slight
•Intuition--Very Strong
•Thinking--Strong
•Perceiving--Very Strong

I've softened up the T in my older years :laugh: And like now, always with the N and the P. Could not find a thing in my room, and though I had some sensing tendencies in elementary school, I was totally "out there" before elementary school age - not only had imaginary friends at age 4 but drew them and attempted to show what they symbolized, only for them to move to someplace like Alaska a couple weeks later.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I took child 4-8, and probably got a more accurate answer because the questions were worded by unique scenarios:

Your child's Preferences are:â—¦Introversion (Strong)
â—¦Sensing (Slight)
â—¦Feeling (Clear)
â—¦Perceiving (Clear)

•The core Temperament is Sensing/Perceiving
•The Type is ISFP◦(Introversion, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving)

I took adult test, and got the predicatable MBTI answer:

• Your Preferences are:◦Introversion (Slight)
â—¦Intuition (Slight)
â—¦Feeling (Slight)
â—¦Perceiving (Strong)

•Your core Temperament is Intuition/Feeling (NF)
•Your Type is INFP ◦(Introversion, Intuition, Feeling, Perceiving)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took the test as I would at age 5:
I: slight
N: very strong
F: clear
P: very strong

based on these questions, I probably would have scored almost completely T if I were answering as my current self, but my younger self was a sensitive little cuddle bug

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This test tells me I'm an NT.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did it for myself and it came out ENFP (age 4), and for my 12 year old son it came out INFP with a very close call on the T/F... actually though i think it would have been better if he answered the questions himself as i may have projected a little unwittingly.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I took the adult and the child test trying to remember my childhood behavior to the best of ability and the results came out quite different. Most pronounced is the difference between T/F scores.

As a child, I came out ISTJ. Clear on I, slight on S and J and strong on T. As an adult, I get INFJ. Strong I, clear N and F, slight J. So once again, I'm questioning my INTP self-typing.

As a child I was a pretty hardcore T. I said what was on my mind regardless of whether or not it hurt someone's feelings. I was brutally honest, valuing truth over tact and fairness above just about everything else. I also had Asperger syndrome so I would be oblivious to things like social cues, so I may have been an F all along but Aspergers made me look more T. I also valued smartness and competence over niceness. Given the choice today, I'd still prefer to be smart and competent but I do value niceness highly as well.

I'm answering many of the questions that I would have answered T as a child as F today. I've come to be alot more considerate and polite and in general it's more important to be kind to others than to be right. I think gender pressures and environment may have something to do with it. Also I've always been sensitive to what others think of me and get hurt easily by slights. That has not changed.

I've also shifted more towards the N side. As a child, I saw myself as more realistic than imaginative. I preferred more realistic stories to imaginative ones. I preferred facts to theories. I also could have cared less the underlying principles as to why things worked. I just cared that they worked. My teachers would tell me that I was good at memorizing facts but have more trouble when things were less literal and more abstract. I took things too literal and absolutely dreaded things like creative writing. On the other hand, I my parents thought I was creative and had lots of good ideas and my ideas were not always the most practical. I was also future oriented even back then. Sometimes I'd be so absorbed in some idea that I wouldn't see what was going on right in front of me. That part of me has not changed. As an adult though, I'm generally more interested in theories than facts but like both. I love thinking about the possibilities for things and alot more open to change. I've also discovered an interest in fantasy fiction and sci-fi. I still don't get most poetry though.

I was pretty introverted as a child but even more so now. I didn't realize as a child I was introverted but the signs were there. I think sometimes I would have been content eating lunch alone but I always tried to eat lunch with someone else because there was a stigma to eating alone. I remember spending long periods of time alone in my room contentedly on some favorite hobby. There were times where I could be very talkative and outspoken but these were usually on areas of real interest to me or things I felt strongly about. I also didn't like just jumping into new situations and generally thought first before doing something.

The J was and still is a bit iffy. As a child I tried very hard to follow the rules and turn my homework in on time. Yet I was a terrible procrastinator and needed prodding to get motivated. I'm much better today about setting timetables and now I get an early start on projects to avoid the last-minute crunch. As a child I was disorganized with most of belongings and treated them rather carelessly. However I could be excessively organized in areas of interest. For example if I had a collection, that might be meticulously organized. As a child I was rather inflexible about changes in plans. I took plans as definite and I would be upset if there was a change, especially if it was something I looked forward too. This is very different to how I am today. I rarely get upset by changes in plans and usually put some built-in flexibility in plans. Also I'm far more organized with my belongings and while I had a messy room as a child, I can't stand having a messy room as an adult. As a child I saw many things as black or white. Nowdays I see everything in shades of grey.

Is is possible I've mistyped myself?

Some of the ways I was as a child were not at all typical of INTP but then again Asperger syndrome may have made me extra literal and inflexible.

Anyone else get very different test results as a child then as an adult?
I think AS can lead to atypical behavior for type, in addition to possibly making the ego feel weak; especially from the problems fitting in socially. For an INTP, with inferior Fe, hat will be particularly damaging, and when the ego feel really threatened, that's when the "daimonic complex" will likely constellate, which for us would be Fi. So that's another reason (beside the brain lateralization I've mentioned elsewhere) that you might seem to have a lot of Fi.
(Also, if you answer more "F" now, then maybe it's just your inferior developing).

I also would have thought I was more sensory focused (sights and sounds, etc) and I think part of this, is the auxiliary simply not being differentiated yet. That's supposed to be in pre-teens. So the preference of N over S is not as obvious. Ultimately, I could see where I was more focused on fitting the sensory data into meanings, and not just experiencing it for itself.

This site has a test for children: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kids.shtml
The page describing child types seems to be down, but it argues that the first letters to develop are E/I + J/P (the "sociability temperaments"), and then the third letter to develop (At around 6) will be the dominant function. The type code will be complete when the aux. develops.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think AS can lead to atypical behavior for type, in addition to possibly making the ego feel weak; especially from the problems fitting in socially. For an INTP, with inferior Fe, hat will be particularly damaging, and when the ego feel really threatened, that's when the "daimonic complex" will likely constellate, which for us would be Fi. So that's another reason (beside the brain lateralization I've mentioned elsewhere) that you might seem to have a lot of Fi.
(Also, if you answer more "F" now, then maybe it's just your inferior developing).

I also would have thought I was more sensory focused (sights and sounds, etc) and I think part of this, is the auxiliary simply not being differentiated yet. That's supposed to be in pre-teens. So the preference of N over S is not as obvious. Ultimately, I could see where I was more focused on fitting the sensory data into meanings, and not just experiencing it for itself.

This site has a test for children: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/kids.shtml
The page describing child types seems to be down, but it argues that the first letters to develop are E/I + J/P (the "sociability temperaments"), and then the third letter to develop (At around 6) will be the dominant function. The type code will be complete when the aux. develops.

I got INJ on that one but I don't think that's right. I think I was a combination of ISxJ and IxTP. Can you say Si/Ti loop? There was some unhealthy ExTJ thrown in the mix too when I'd get really bossy and demanding and insisting on having things a certain way.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, TiSi, and not ExTJ, but the NT "Choleric in Control" (The ENTJ is the purest Choleric, so it does seem like uncharacteristic "ETJ" behavior for us. But it's the natural "partial Choleric", that surfaces from under our opposite surface social temperament). You (And others like Jennifer) don't identify as Choleric when you take classic temperament tests, but it's there; and it's the Helen Fisher test that brings it out, where you identified strongly as "Director", which is the Choleric.
Don't know why you got INJ; guess you remember a lot of intuition as a child.

Last edited:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Did it for myself and it came out ENFP (age 4), and for my 12 year old son it came out INFP with a very close call on the T/F... actually though i think it would have been better if he answered the questions himself as i may have projected a little unwittingly.

Yeah I'm having a hard time answering these. Even though I feel I know my kids pretty well.

nharkey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Thanks to everyone who looked at this. Interesting thing to do, taking it in retrospect. It is just hard to know whether you change from then to now, or whether your adult self can really know the child self. I certainly don't know.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm....

Answering for myself at age 5:

•Extraversion--Clear
•Intuition--Very Strong
•Thinking--Strong
•Perceiving--Very Strong

Answering for age 10:

•Introversion--Slight
•Intuition--Very Strong
•Thinking--Strong
•Perceiving--Very Strong

I've softened up the T in my older years :laugh: And like now, always with the N and the P. Could not find a thing in my room, and though I had some sensing tendencies in elementary school, I was totally "out there" before elementary school age - not only had imaginary friends at age 4 but drew them and attempted to show what they symbolized, only for them to move to someplace like Alaska a couple weeks later.

Perceiving - means... how you organize your time
Thinking - means... how you make decisions

G

Glycerine

I consistently got TJ esp. ESTJ as a kid. hah! In fact, I always got T until I learned more about MBTI and got F every once in awhile. I got INTJ on the official test but I am definitely an F.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really, really like the language of these tests.

Took all three, and got ESTJ on each. All "Strong" and "Very strong", in the adult test, but generally weak in S and J the younger I got. I attribute that to the fact that when I was a kid,

1. I was always losing things;
2. I constantly postponed doing things I didn't want to do, e.g. cleaning, and my mom would have to nag me a lot to get me to do them;
3. I loved writing stories and drawing pictures and reading fantasy books, and had zero interest in artistic things that connected to real life, because I thought they were boring. (Took me til I was in my teens, to really become interested in nonfiction.)

p.s. One of the questions on the early child test asked whether you were an imaginary person or a real person when you play pretend games. Who in the hell pretends to be a real person in pretend games?? I knew no one, growing up, who did that. That would have bored the crap out of me!

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I really, really like the language of these tests.

Really? I took the adult test and thought it was way too black and white, actually. Knew I would get some kind of ixxp since the I questions were pretty intriguing and i'm definitely a P. I mean what NFP wants to get involved in "hubbub'. That question drove me the most nuts. That sounds so busy body ESFJ. Anyway, got infp at the end.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Really? I took the adult test and thought it was way too black and white, actually. Knew I would get some kind of ixxp since the I questions were pretty intriguing and i'm definitely a P. I mean what NFP wants to get involved in "hubbub'. That question drove me the most nuts. That sounds so busy body ESFJ. Anyway, got infp at the end.

Yeah even I got INFP on that adult test. The kid ones were INTP interestingly, (and incorrectly), enough. But there is no way I could coax my parents into doing this.

But there is one part of these tests that is quite true. On the adult test at the word pairs section it mentions:

or the following word pairs, please choose the word that is the better description for your feelings, actions or values. Please make a choice even when you feel that both words (or neither word) is/are exactly right.

I thought this particular sentence is useful. Often people forget that they might idealise a mode of operation that is not their own. For example in my case, im not that fond of emotion based cognition and I idealise logical considerations more, but I am NOT a logical person; nor do I possess a strong inclination towards deductive or inductive reasoning.

But then that's the difficulty in any of these tests. You will often have to already possess some degree of self-awareness to actually get any accuracy in the first place, ironically this being what such theories are trying to induce in the first place.