• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

heart

heart on fire
im a geek.

I think...

Geek is the one what means "likes science and stuff" right?

Or is that nerd? Nerd was the one who like science, but in an SJ suck up to the teacher way right?

Napoleon Dynamite is a dork. He is not a nerd, he is not a geek. The real question you have to ask yourself, however, is: what are you? Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Yes, friends, there is a difference, and this test will ultimately, finally and conclusively answer that question in the eyes of God and man.

Nerds are super intelligent, in a wide range of areas.
Geeks have area of speciality that they obsess over.
Dorks are cluless about social norms.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, friends, there is a difference, and this test will ultimately, finally and conclusively answer that question in the eyes of God and man.

Said test identified both tovlo and I, INFJ and INFP, as Pure Nerds. :hi:

cheers,
Ian

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Napoleon Dynamite is a dork. He is not a nerd, he is not a geek. The real question you have to ask yourself, however, is: what are you? Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Yes, friends, there is a difference, and this test will ultimately, finally and conclusively answer that question in the eyes of God and man.
Nice test. I got 52 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 21% Dork.

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I scored as modern, cool nerd.
82% Nerd, 56% Geek, 30% Dork.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

-INFP

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
56 % Nerd, 56% Geek, 56% Dork
Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Your Score: Joe Normal
I got 30 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 43% Dork.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
52 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 39% Dork qualified me as "Pure Nerd". Can't say I feel too pleased about that... :(

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Your Score: Tri-Lamb Material
52 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 65% Dork

I was expecting pure dork

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
What is Tri-Lamb?

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd and Dork, earning you the coveted title of: Tri-Lamb Material.

but I don't agree I'm more dork then nerd.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Your Score: Pure Nerd
73 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 39% Dork

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
56 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 34% Dork
Your Score: Pure Nerd

meh. Not nearly as much of a dork as I aspire to be. Still working on that. 100% some day. I'm getting there.

(and heart, where's your test results? hmm?)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
60% nerd, earning me the title of "pure nerd"

I had like 30% geek and 15% dork or soemthing. Thats pretty much accurate... I'm not a dork at all in any way but I am kind of a geek for some things and a total nerd for everything.

aeon

Potoumchka
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
tovlo: 65 % Nerd, 17% Geek, 39% Dork

aeon: 69 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 26% Dork

cheers,
Ian