• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nerd, Geek, or Dork?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Outcast Genius

61% Nerd, 57% Geek, 65% Dork

:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occasion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, a la Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

But no, I have never gone to those fan conventions. Although one could consider an Internet forum to be a fan convention.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
WRONG!

Nerds are obsessive over a topic that is useless. Geeks know alo0t about a broad array of subjects that are useful. Nerds talk about Star Trek. Geeks talk about SQL errors.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WRONG!

Nerds are obsessive over a topic that is useless. Geeks know alo0t about a broad array of subjects that are useful. Nerds talk about Star Trek. Geeks talk about SQL errors.

Then what is a person who tries to do well in school called?

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

nhx

Tri-Lamb Material
74 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 57% Dork

*does a little jig*

WTF NO.

I don't think this test was very well-constructed. most of the questions were focused on these 'normal' sort of 'geek' things. Anything outside of normal geekdom were completely ignored. Such as, there was nothing about if someone would know about all the weights of yarn and what all the fibers came from off the top of their head...

*goes back to knitting with a vengance*

I agree. My geek score should be higher.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Outcast Genius
96 % Nerd, 61% Geek, 65% Dork

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Sounds about right.:devil:

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
48% Nerd, 3% Geek, 17% Dork

Joe Normal

:blushing:

Sorry for letting the side down everyone. I feel like an outcast now:sad:

At least I got a borderline nerd score tho - maybe I should try again...

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm a "pure nerd". But I don't really consider myself so nerdy...just out of the three more nerdy than geeky and dorky.
For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Pure Dork

You scored better than half in Dork, earning you the title of: Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joe Normal

35 % Nerd, 9% Geek, 4% Dork

For The Record:

You scored less than half in all three, earning you the title of: Joe Normal.

This is not to say that you don't have some Nerd, Geek or Dork inside of you--we all do, and you can see the percentages you have right above. This is just to say that none of those qualities stand out so much as to define you. Sure, you enjoy an episode of Star Trek now and again, and yeah, you kinda enjoyed a few classes back in the day. And, once in a while, you stumble while walking down the street even though there was nothing there to cause you to trip. But, for the most part, you look and act fairly typically, and aren't much of an outcast.

I'd say there's a fair chance someone asked you to take this test. In any event, fairly normal.

Congratulations!

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pure Nerd

87 % Nerd :nerd:

39% Geek :jew:

48% Dork :sadbanana:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Joe Normal

39 % Nerd, 35% Geek, 35% Dork

10736480504950235317.jpeg

I thought I would score higher in terms of Geekness seeing as how I absolutely love videogames not to mention indie cinema and progressive rock.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Modern, Cool Nerd
57 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 17% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
These are my results from when I took this over a year ago:

Outcast Genius
70 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 70% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Pure Dork

26 % Nerd, 22% Geek, 57% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Dork, earning you the title of: Pure Dork. Like our friends Napoleon Dynamite & co.

It's not as though you were some whiz-kid in school. Oh, sure, you probably did okay in some classes, but were probably awful in others. Certainly most people thought you were smarter than you thought yourself to be. And it's not that you have some overriding passion, like computers or Star Trek that sets you apart for the crowd, though you likely share some interest in some of those sorts of things. You just like to be yourself, and want to express yourself for who you are.

And, really, there's nothing wrong with that. Being who you are often invites scorn, and so it's a difficult thing in a world that rewards conformity. Be proud of your dorkiness, for often it's just another word for individuality. (I'd vote for you!)

Congratulations!